Ruins of Empires DLC Pack?

Would you like a graphic pack that features ruins of ancient empires?

• Yes

Votes: 19 95.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Broken David.PNG

@WaywardMartian - You are absolutely right about the perspective issue with the David statue. I was aware of it when I made it and was frustrated by it. For the life of me, I could not find a angled top down of the statue too reference. The issue with the current statue has been resolved --the statue was destroyed, the sculptor reprimanded and a new one has been commissioned. ;)

WaywardMartian

Is sometimes a giant bee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I took a quick look around Google in case the image search would be kinder to me but the only one I can find from a higher perspective is from the back. :p Nuisance tall statue on a pedestal.

I found one where someone did a 3D print model that might help? Not nearly as detailed as the real thing but maybe helpful: https://cdn.thingiverse.com/assets/f4/25/8f/e7/52/photo.png

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@WaywardMartian -Thank you for taking the time to track down an image! It doesn't matter the detail on it, I can reference others to get an idea. Thank you so much for finding that angle though! Exactly what I needed!

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Guardinthena I just wanted to point out the perspective on the Statue of David is a bit off as if the camera was in front of him instead of from above. It's more apparent when compared beside the Viking statue on the right. Dunno if there's anything you can do about it though.

Edit: Nvm, @WaywardMartian mentioned it already, I didn't read that far down, sry!

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
David_FIX.PNG

Okay everyone, thanks to @WaywardMartian for providing a angled top down view of the statue of david, I have attempted to correct the angle on the statue. Hopefully I have done so. I have also added a base in the new version.

@Frostorm _It's okay! I'm glad for the constructive criticism back from the community. I'm putting this together for everyone, and I want it to be the best that I can make it. So please, do comment if something looks off!

Last edited:

WaywardMartian

Is sometimes a giant bee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Version 2 David is definitely a big improvement. I think he still doesn't quite match - like the head is where it needs to be but the body isn't quite vertical enough.

I'm blaming the RTP. The RTP angle is a weird optical illusion and it's tricky to get right even on simple boxes and barrels, let alone on a detailed figure. :p

( Feel free to just be all, man, it's fine, Wayward is just too fussy. I am astoundingly fussy. ;) )

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It is perfectly fine, @WaywardMartian! I was not fully happy with it myself. However! Thanks to you, I was able to track down a 3D imaging site called Sketchpad where it has a lot of the statues I wanted to create for this project in its database. The 3D models are rotatable, so I can get the correct angles I am looking for. I took a break from David to do the Venus de Milo, I will post an updated image of my progress in a few days

kaukusaki

Awesome Programmer Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
*chucks cc at screen* i'm ready!! XD

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist/Advocatus Diaboli
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am would like the empire pack instead of Ruin. Because we like to the settings there. The statues without destruction also ok by me.
I like the ancient civilization tilsets very much. As along, you included Angkor Wat and Machu Picchu tilesets. The tropical lands are lacking of civilization to explore. People live there too lol.
If you would like the ideas, you send me PM. I am support variety for everyone and players also support to not be boring by one tilsets lol.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Dad's watching a WWII documentary while I work on some cool assets for my games. I just love RPG Maker!
Also Happy Halloween! Dad's friend won't be coming unfortunately, but Dad will still be taking me to Boxi Park to have some fun tonight! I'll be posting a video on my YouTube channel of the show, and I'll be sure to post a link here.
"Nightmares exist outside of logic and there's little fun to be had in explanations. They're antithetical to the poetry of fear. In a horror story the victim keeps asking why, but there can be no explanation and there shouldn't be one..." - Stephen King
I feel people seek explanation and demand it sometimes in games, but in the horror genre, well, maybe you shouldn't have one. Silent Hill 1 comes to mind...
Managed to implement QSprite.

Always double check your plugin order.

Finally! I've been puzzling over why it wasn't working for two days now. Turns out all of my calculations were correct, I just forgot to give some events hitboxes. :kaoswt: Now my randomly generated maps check for collision errors, and move stuff around in real time if they finds any. :LZSexcite:
Ami
--- OP Candy ---

Kids: Trick Or Treat!
Hero: Alright,here's the Candies (Give A Bunch Of Candy).
Kids: Thank you,Mister! (Running)
Hero: How cute they are…
F.Archer: Did you give them a OP Candy,accidently?
Hero: Huh?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gbasire