AquaticChaos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So to begin, I'm a lackluster pixel artist working on a game- more specifically, a demo- that I've dreamt of for 2+ years. Seeing as I'm having trouble with the maps, is it possible to sell the game- a free demo for now, until I get an artist- using default tilesets, even if they're recolored and/or edited?

If this isn't possible, what suggestions do you have? If it is, what about previous versions?

JtheDuelist

Your Friendly Neighborhood Shapeshifter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
As long as you own a legitimate licence to the engine in which the tiles originally belonged to, yes, but you have to credit Kadokawa somewhere, whether it is in a credits text file or in the end-game credits reel.

AquaticChaos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Right. I still have VX Ace and- I believe- 2003, but I'll be sure to do that. Much appreciated!

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Note - if you use custom tilesets that others have created, make sure they allow for editing. I know that some people don't, because edits usually tend to look worse than the original, and it impacts the artist's reputation.

You also don't NEED to get tiles created. It's perfectly fine to sell the game using just RTP tiles.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

We're playing another Touch the Stars game jam entry, come join us! :D
Ok is telling someone that their drawing isnt good rude
I'm familiar with MZ thanks to jam now. I say it's a better working and looking MV. Lots of plugins too and FOSSIL helps alot. It's not bad.
Some more progress <3 and in most important news:
ALPACARAPTOR SPRITE! (not animated yet, though :( )
h4u90Sz.png
Caz
At the risk of giving myself even more work to do, I kinda wanna redraw the faces of the MV RTP to be a little less.. uhhhhh..

mv-redraw.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StaciaStay