vectorinox

Airport Luggage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Singlish
Primarily Uses
Is there a way to make an event cause another event to run a common event?

Something like putting a script call: "run.event( common event id, event id)" inside an event, which cause the event to make the event with the id runs the common event with the id.

Sorry for the eventception.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
In the event you want to initiate the common event, on the first tab of the Event Command Menu, left side, towards the bottom, select 'Call Common Event' and choose which one you want to run.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why would you want one event to tell another event to run a common event?  What's the scenario?

vectorinox

Airport Luggage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Singlish
Primarily Uses
It's a complicated one. I was using Galv event spawner to spawn some random events. And another  event to pick a random event to run a common event. That's why I needed a script. Because the event is chosen at random.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You haven't explained why you want one event to tell another event to run a common event.  Why not run it from the first event?  Why not make the second event run it without being told to by another event?

Scenario = context = what is it you're trying to do.  Not how you're trying to do it.  Unless we know what it is you want to accomplish by getting one event to tell another to run a common event, we're a bit in the dark.

Jonforum

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a way to make an event cause another event to run a common event?

Something like putting a script call: "run.event( common event id, event id)" inside an event, which cause the event to make the event with the id runs the common event with the id.

Sorry for the eventception.

to run common event with script.
Use this

// ? = ID CommonEvent
$gameTemp.reserveCommonEvent(?);

// And for run this with the event id
var tempID = $dataMap.events[this._eventId].id
$gameTemp.reserveCommonEvent(tempID);

but like say @Shaz

Am not understant your scenario.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Harold Jam 2022: Dark Universe game jam is live! https://itch.io/jam/haroldjam22
Every once in a while I keep forgetting MZ added an Attack Skill Trait you can use to set the basic attack of an Actor to something else.
ScreenShot_5_24_2022_8_43_32.png
the last post was of the 2 bosses you'll fight in the high school... Principal Heiman and Mary, Mary, Mary... aka Mary Mars Mcqueen, the captain of the girl's wrestling team. Here's a view of the inside of said high school, Autumn Bay High.
So the Fire alarm went off 3 times in less then a half hour on my building. But my cat is so use to it going off he doesn't even run behind the couch anymore. He is just like, "This again?"
It has been brought to my attention that the name of my main robot protagonist in bio-Synthetica (R3-M1) is a Star Wars character LOL Woops. Always Google search names. The new name of my robot is now K0-R1. :kaophew:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paperhartss