shepard82

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Guys
I`m using Mog time system with Terrax lighting and yanfly Gridfree Doodads.
I want to know if there is a plugin that can trigger a common event when a certain variable is met.
I want minimize parallel processes in my game and would rather use a plugin for this.
What I want to do is when lets say the hours variable reaches 20 I want a common event to be activated "Lights on" and when it reaches 0 i want a common event "Lights Off" to activate.

I can do this with events but then it needs to be a parallel event and the more of them I have my game starts lagging.

Hope someone can help

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
doesnt mog time system allow switches to be linked to specific time?
i know doodads can be linked to switches.

shepard82

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
doesnt mog time system allow switches to be linked to specific time?
i know doodads can be linked to switches.

Yes mog time does but what i want is , if one of the switches in mog time is activated a certain common event must run but i do not want this common event to be parallel or have any conditions I would rather use a plugin to call the event.

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i dont know mogs time system and you never posted a link to it.
it sounds like you should just report your own post and say "need this thread moved to plugin support"
because definitely plugin related and not MV specific.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if one of the switches in mog time is activated a certain common event must run but i do not want this common event to be parallel
you're not thinking far enough...
you have to make the common event a parallel process so that it is triggered by the switch, but then you turn the switch off at the end of the common event so it runs only once.

and a plugin for starting a common event would do exactly the same as a parallel process: waiting while checking the switch and then call it.
Parallel Processes are not automatically bad - if they were they would not have been included in the engine. The problem is that a bad use of a parallel process creates a lot of problems, so they are trickier to use than other events. But if you know how to use them and take the time to optimize them, then they can be used.
And plugins are not miracle workers - they have rules what can be done with them (a lot), but they can't break logic or how the computer works.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you can also make the parallel only run ONCE and when it's updates (variable or switch,
it will only runs once again using this plugin [Ocram_Parallels_EX] but it's paid if you go
commercial else you can use it for free =) which can come as a solution for you.

shepard82

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks guys.
I just modified some of my other parallel events to auto run and now I can use this event as parallel without lagging.

you can also make the parallel only run ONCE and when it's updates (variable or switch,
it will only runs once again using this plugin [Ocram_Parallels_EX] but it's paid if you go
commercial else you can use it for free =) which can come as a solution for you.

I will also check this out

Thanks for the support

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Anybody know how to make an enemy have a line of sight? I'm trying to make Persona-like enemies.
zomboars.jpg

Concept art

Zomboars- main enemies in my story
mutant pigs addicted to beer
SF_People1_3 added!
index.php

I haven't been on here in forever wow(missed my forum birthday T-T). Anyways, I'm dabbling in BGMs, here's something I'm actually willing to share.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quincy_