Runic_Cipher

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Runic Cipher is a long-time JRPG project that's been worked on for several years, on and off. Our goal with this is to bring back that nostalgic feel of the earlier Final Fantasy and Breath of Fire games, as well as having an in-depth and original story line filled with plot twists and with a more gritty edge than your typical RPG. A lot of the writing is inspired by the A Song of Ice and Fire and Malazan Book of the Fallen franchises. If you are a fan of either of them, you're going to enjoy the many surprises Runic Cipher have in stock.

The story follows a young rebel group by the name of EDGE, whose leader, Talon, vows to seek vengeance against the Hilgar Empire for their war crimes against his homeland, Calupa. Alongside Talon, he has the support of Rick, a scout who loves cracking up jokes, and Veronica, an engineer with the acquired knowledge of creating explosives. Throughout the course of their journey, they will meet dozens of other interesting characters, including a few they'd never imagine being on their side...or are they?

A few gameplay ideas Runic Cipher will introduce:
  1. A battle system inspired by SNES-era Final Fantasy games with elements of their ability systems.
  2. Dungeon design inspired by the early Lufia games.
  3. Final Fantasy VI-style party selection system (i.e. setting up teams for a particular dungeon).
We will be releasing content in an episodic format, and hopefully have releases out in a timely basis. We are both perfectionists, so the chapters will be released when they're done. We're not rushing to meet deadlines.

Download the latest demo at RPGMaker.net.
000.png 010.png
004.png 003.png

Last edited:

Renicon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was unable to get the game going with the 2003 RTP so i used EasyRPG Player. Unfortunately i was unable to play the game due to this error. I also downloaded the patch and moved all the files in there to the main game directory but still got this error.

1653084551663.png

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Never thought a day would come during summer when Id have to wear a sweater and two pairs of socks...
And today we got some insides maps from the town i posted last time.

Map044.png
Map045.png
Map046.png
Map047.png Map048.png Map049.png Map050.png
So a big bug that was on a glue trap at home is now magically not on the glue trap. This feeling of terror I'm experiencing could be a fun thing to put in my game project (not the IGMC one).
Hoping that Unite has a character generator with black hairs/lips and other features.. it is such a pain making characters without these...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Renbo