Runic Enchantment and Yanfly Passive States?

LeeOccleshaw

Stone Dragon Workshop
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey, I am wondering if anyone could take the time to modify the Runic Enchantment script to read the <Passive state> notetag from Yanfly's script. That would open up a lot of possibilities for my game so if anyone has the time and patience to help, I'd greatly appreciate it.

UPDATE:  Uh oh - it would seem that my states aren't loading after closing the game and loading my save file. This is game breaking as they don't come back until you unequip a rune and equip it again! Anyone know what to do? Perhaps it isn't initialising the notetags when they game is loaded or something?  :(  (Scroll down for Moogle_X's script edits if anyone can help me)

The scripts:

Kread-EX Runic Enchantment

https://grimoirecast...comment-page-1/

Yanfly Passive States

https://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/gameplay-scripts/passive-states/

Thanks a lot. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Moogle_X

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I modified Yanfly's Passive States script. Now, passive states can be inserted into rune. ;)

Make sure you use the new traits namer script so the passive skill traits will be shown in the window.

It's recommended that the scripts order to be like this from top to bottom (doesn't need to be straight order though):

1. Passive States

2. Traits Namer

3. Runic Enchantment (original)

4. Runic Enchantment - Patch

Well, I admit editing this script gave me quiet a headache. I can't remember how many times I saw the dreaded "nil error class" popup.

It wasn't as straight forward as I thought. I needed to take a few "shortcut" here and there. So, if there is any bug, feel free to tell me.

I will try to fix it as fast as I can.

YEA - Passive States (Moogle_X Edit).txt

Traits Namer (Moogle_X Edit).txt

Runic Enchantment - Passive States Patch.txt

Attachments

LeeOccleshaw

Stone Dragon Workshop
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I modified Yanfly's Passive States script. Now, passive states can be inserted into rune. ;)

Make sure you use the new traits namer script so the passive skill traits will be shown in the window.

It's recommended that the scripts order to be like this from top to bottom (doesn't need to be straight order though):

1. Passive States

2. Traits Namer

3. Runic Enchantment (original)

4. Runic Enchantment - Patch

Well, I admit editing this script gave me quiet a headache. I can't remember how many times I saw the dreaded "nil error class" popup.

It wasn't as straight forward as I thought. I needed to take a few "shortcut" here and there. So, if there is any bug, feel free to tell me.

I will try to fix it as fast as I can.
It seems to work..! Yes, it's working!

You, sir, are a legend of majestic proportions. Your giant scripting hands bare the power of a thousand ancient Gods!

Once again. thank you.

Moogle_X for king.

LeeOccleshaw

Stone Dragon Workshop
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Uh oh - it would seem that my states aren't loading after closing the game and loading my save file. This is game breaking as they don't come back until you unequip a rune and equip it again! Anyone know what to do? Perhaps it isn't initialising the notetags when they game is loaded or something? :(

It must be this script as it loads the regular runes which aren't using the passive states.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Small rant: While using SRD Hud maker for a battle hud, I typed in the wrong script call and got an error, but then forgot to delete the piece that caused the error before closed the Hud maker and hit F5 to restart the game. Now everytime I engage in a battle my game crashes...
:kaolivid:
Would Jump into Javascript be best off continuing to break down the MV core files, or would people prefer a quick detour to cover everything that's changed in the core from MV to MZ?
Not going to lie... PIXI Particles make fantastic graphics... But predicting the hitbox of something with a "fixed size" but whose graphics can stick out past that, is quite challenging. :kaoswt:
Would you like a glass of spiders?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaezyelnatz