The Commander

The Blood Knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi, I'm currently building a game on RPG Maker VX Ace, and I have downloaded/applied an Achievement API with the website GameJolt so that someone can win trophies/achievements as they play the game. How can I run a conditional branch allowing the player to log into GameJolt before the Main Menu opens up, because right now, the login only occurs if the player starts a new game, and the game itself is kinda lengthy. So if they save and quit, how can I set it up so that they don't have to restart the entire game to get achievements and play it in one setting?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It depends on how that API and those scripts work, but as first option I would suggest looking for a splash screen script and using that to implement commands before the menu,

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You could add the code for logging in/checking they're logged in already to self.run in SceneManager before it calls @scene.main; that will make it happen before it gets to the menu.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Worked on a cutscene skip domino effect using Maker Systems' script as the basis. Basically if I have a batch of cutscenes in a row on different maps, now when you skip one cutscene it will skip the entire set. No more spamming X to skip a scene every new map.

Oh and it will work regardless of where you do it from in the set. Convenient!
seems absolutely WILD to me now all the hundreds of hours of work I used to do in 2k(3) over a decade ago with a resolution of 320x240. that seems so insanely TINY now, seemed so normal at the time!
Playing Aroma Indosiar theme song.
Aroma is an Indonesian TV show about cooking. :)
Working on a characteeer! (Why is it so hard to color hair?) ;-;
Silly-Sketches.png
Just finished eventing a couple simple puzzles in RMMV, for my very first game "Sample Quest." Just messing around, throwing things together, and calling it a story XD On a non-RM note, got my hair cut today!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IntoTheDrink