Running without a flash drive?

Carson H

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi, so I recently made a game on my older computer with VX Ace, and I compressed the file (with RTP) and put it on a flash drive. I moved the project to my newer computer since it has better performance and the game's complete. However, everything downloads/converts fine, but as soon as I remove the flash drive, the game will no longer run... it just won't open. If I reinsert the flash drive into my computer, the game still won't work, and I have to reconvert everything again and keep the drive in in order to play. I have no idea what the issue is, but I'd really like to be able to play without the extra flash drive sticking out. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you! -Carson

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
downloads/converts
What do you mean convert? If you put the files onto the flash drive then when you put it into the new computer, copy the files to a folder on your computer, then remove the flash drive and then download/convert or whatever it is you did there.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The compression function creates an installer to install the game somewhere. That place is selected when you run the installer.

What this sounds like is that you either only decompressed the files without running the installer, or installed the game to the flashdrive itself. Both mistakes would result in the files to run being on the flashdrive instead of your secondary computer.

You need to install the game correctly, either by selecting the correct path to install to or by first copying the entire installer from the flash drive to the computer drive and then running the installer on that local drive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Sometimes I feel like I don't belong here. I feel like I have the exact opposite interests in storytelling as everyone else.
You know what really grinds my gears? Websites that block your access completely if you have an AdBlocker on...

I would rather skip the site than endure some popups that may give me a gnarly virus!
Guys this thread is so good and you should be reading it.
Once again have another case of an Android user losing all of their save files for all of my games after a single game update. Apparently even Yanfly's Save Core can't prevent it. Very frustrating.
Question! If anyone here has any of the Time Fantasy tiles, or the Omega Modern one, do they include character templates/bases/whatever the term is?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
x01010110x