PhoenixX92

The Light Bearer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So basically I'm going to come right out and say, I'm overly LOST.

I copied absolutely everything in the demo that is put into Rural Farms, the item list, common events----Everything.
Put them in the same exact spot that they are in the demo, then even copied the first event in the demo, and started a test game...

Nothing equips. When I try to use an item to equip, it just asks me if I want to unequip the item, never gives me an option to equip.

What could I possibly be doing wrong? I simply copied and pasted everything over into my project... But it doesn't work like it does on the demo.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
An actor needs the feature for a specific item to be equipable. That is basic and has nothing to do with the rural farm resources.

Please check what type of equipment each part is, and check if the actor (or its class) has the feature that allows for equipping that type of equipment.

If that isn't enough to help you, we need to see the screenshots of actor, class and equipment to see what you did wrong.

PhoenixX92

The Light Bearer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
An actor needs the feature for a specific item to be equipable. That is basic and has nothing to do with the rural farm resources.

Please check what type of equipment each part is, and check if the actor (or its class) has the feature that allows for equipping that type of equipment.

If that isn't enough to help you, we need to see the screenshots of actor, class and equipment to see what you did wrong.
I should be more specific... It's the things like the fishing pole, watering can, pickaxe, etc.

Not things like armor, weapons, things of that nature.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I should be more specific... It's the things like the fishing pole, watering can, pickaxe, etc.
That is anything but specific, because it doesn't use RM descriptions.
If you aren't talking about equipment, then you have to tell us how you want to use those things and what they are.

Are you talking about using sprites and placing events? are you talking about tilesets? Please give us screenshots of what you tried to do and where it failed.

felsenstern

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
He overlooked something (me too to be honest) ;-)

All the tools are items with a common event named "Equip Item" as effect:

1axggRY.png
And this common event is making the equip / un-equip check and storing the current item in a variable:

oRWYy9G.png
Just I that I have no idea how the item id of the item that was activated gets into the variable that gets compared to the equiped item variable...

edit: add this few lines below material in your script editor, that should do the trick:

class Game_Party < Game_Unit
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # overwrite default method to save the id of the activated item to a
  # variable.
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  def consume_item(item)
    lose_item(item, 1) if item.is_a?(RPG::Item) && item.consumable
    $game_variables[187] = item.id if item.is_a?(RPG::Item)
  end
end

Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is my bad, I didn't expect someone to copy over everything, instead of using the project to start to begin with. There is one tiny little script line added to the default scripts ($game_variables[187] = item.id if item.is_a?(RPG::Item)).

If you copy over the default script Game_Party (found under Game Objects) and replace it with your current one, then it should work.

I'll sticky this thread so others can see if they have the same issue :)

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This is my bad, I didn't expect someone to copy over everything, instead of using the project to start to begin with. There is one tiny little script line added to the default scripts ($game_variables[187] = item.id if item.is_a?(RPG::Item)).
Ohhh, I always wondered how that variable was being updated, as I hadn't seen anything that changed it.

PhoenixX92

The Light Bearer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

If you copy over the default script Game_Party (found under Game Objects) and replace it with your current one, then it should work.

I'll sticky this thread so others can see if they have the same issue :)
That was exactly it.

Thank you so much.

I can't choose a solution to this question for some reason, so they're just going to have to read replies unless you're able to choose one for me.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

@Shaz needs to make a website for his plugins. (it can be done easily for free with google sites.) I can't find a database of them anywhere!
Got fired from my job because they found someone more "Professional" and "Better" then me so I had more time to work on a tower defense prototype for a friend, I will upload tutorials on how to make it yourself once it's finished.
Added a modern day fridge sprite to my thread. Empty, full, and rotten versions :) enjoy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fmoviesfmovies12