Rural Farm Tiles Resource Pack

Discussion in 'Product Announcements and Sales' started by Lunarea, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Tigersong

Tigersong Furry Fellow Veteran

First Language:
    English
    So that would be one less thing that needed a request. A Harvest Moon-inspired game is that much more doable. Thanks, Celianna.

2. Jay_NOLA

Jay_NOLA Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    The updated sample game in the pack I noticed  yesterday is finally up.  That  the fixes the error in the sample game when you enter the blacksmith.  Just re-download the pack to get the new version if you haven't.

3. BlueRooster

BlueRooster Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Wow, I would like to give a special thanks to Celianna for all of her hard work and dedication put into this set! And for under $30? I think that's a great deal for all the hours and hours you put into it. Thank you again, Celianna, I can't wait for your next release, I already had a game planned out for these when I first heard of you making them and couldn't wait.

My only one gripe? After purchasing the set today I went to download them and got a message "Download center temporarily disabled"

Other than that, I can't wait to download them and get my hands on them.

4. Palsa

Palsa General of Aurda Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I just bought the pack off of Steam, and I must say that Rural Farm Tiles is an understatement, as there is so much that they can be used for beyond that. :D

Everything is gorgeous, from the seasonal tiles to the character sprites, incredible work Celianna. ^_^

5. C-C-C-Cashmere

C-C-C-Cashmere Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I like this. I feel like I wanna finish the game that Celianna started, using her current maps and systems. Is that allowed?

6. Celianna

Celianna Tileset artist Global Mod

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @thatbennyguy: the project sample was meant to be used to create your own game with (you can delete or keep the maps), so go right ahead! :)

C-C-C-Cashmere likes this.
  7. C-C-C-Cashmere

C-C-C-Cashmere Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Yeah because to me it even feels like the whole base game is planned out, it just needs someone to complete it. Of course you can use the sprites for other things easily, but everything is planned out so well that a game can even be extended from the sample game. I'll tell you all how it goes. :)

8. Candacis

Candacis Pixel Pusher Restaff

First Language:
    German
    Okay, I hope this will get posted, it just doesn't let me right now..

I'm having fun with the character editor. More than I thought in the beginning :)

Here is a classic vampire I did (inspiration from PandaMarus rtp dracula), I hope it is okay, if I post it here since it isn't transparent and it is not the whole sheet. Maybe it can serve as an inspiration what you could do, if you edit some of the stuff in the psd file ^^

[​IMG]

So, thanks for adding the character files as bonus! It makes editing so much easier!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2014
  9. Palsa

First Language:
    English
    The Steam version doesn't include the PSD file, is there any chance that it will be added in the future?

10. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    Well, she said it was exclusive to those who bought the pack here...

11. Palsa

First Language:
    English
    Yeah, I didn't realize that until after I bought it. ^_^;

12. Celianna

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yup, it's exclusive to RPG Maker Web, an extra perk for supporting us directly by buying the pack from us, and not through Steam.

13. Candacis

Candacis Pixel Pusher Restaff

First Language:
    German
    I don't unterstand why it makes a difference, if we buy the product via RPGmakerweb or via Steam. Are we not supporting you either way? Frankly, I don't even think, it is a good sales policy to have that bonus only here. It isn't stated very clearly on Steam that you are missing out on a bonus and it can result in feelings of regret buying rpgmaker products on Steam and you don't ever want your costumers feeling regret buying your products.
    Anyway, back to topic, the files are a nice little extra, but I think, you could edit the sprites also without it, just involves a lot more editing and time. For the vampire I edited one of the hairs, the eyes, the skin color and I added the cape. I could have done this without the files, only this way it was much more convenient ^^ The more I work with the tileset, the more I want that Fantasy Dungeon Tileset in Rural Style ;)

14. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

First Language:
    Tagalog
    I think it's because probably Steam takes a larger cut at the income? So buying it here provides the site and Celianna more income, so it's more of direct support than getting it thru steam.

And specific store perks are actually normal.

Plus using steam and buying things there has it's own perks too. not to say the fact that steam normally has larger sales than the site when they do hold sales.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2014
  15. Lunarea

Lunarea Artist Global Mod

Our exclusive bonus content is never so huge that those who purchased through Steam feel like they got an inferior or broken product. They're just our way of saying thank you for buying from us directly. This is something that's very commonly done, both with physical products and with digital goods. :)

Zefreonzack likes this.
  16. Palsa

First Language:
    English
    Actually, a file containing sprite parts versus completed sprites makes a huge difference, because a person can spend hours editing one sprite where it would take minutes if they had them in layers; especially when multiple characters wear the same outfit, like with school uniforms.

The overall point is that they could be spending more time working on their game, and less time on constructing the graphics to use in it.

On the bright side, there are a lot of options available with the existing sprites, especially with the outfits and hairstyles they come with, so a lot of the editing time is reduced by that.

Anyway, though I don't particularly like the situation, I'm fine with working on existing sprites; heck, the alternative would be to make each of them from scratch or edit one of the other sprite types, so I'm okay with it.

17. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

First Language:
    Tagalog
    IMHO, it's always a good practice to look for all possible outlets first before buying something (both digital and physical)... You'll never know what freebies or special events one outlet has... :)

Anyway, I still need to save money to get this pack so that I can go on with trying making my own Harvest Moon...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
    T.Bit likes this.
  18. Palsa

First Language:
    English
    True, though that is not always the best option for the individual at the time, and there can be reasons why a person will buy from a different store, that reason may be exclusive items, but it may also be personal preference.

In my case, I don't buy a lot online, so I avoid purchasing from multiple sources when I can order from one place.

Regarding store exclusive items, though it is not always a standard, a common practice is to release the bonus item separately at a later date, so that everyone has the option to buy it at some point.

Perhaps the bonus sprites could be released on Steam as a separate item, that wouldn't reduce RPGMakerWeb's sales, on the grounds that the version from here would still include the sprites as a free bonus, but it would also make it available to Steams costumers at a charge of around $5-15 (I wouldn't mind buying them separately), and Celianna gets paid either way, so no one misses out.

Candacis and Engr. Adiktuzmiko like this.
  19. Celianna

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It's not about sales, it's about supporting us directly. Steam gets a cut from every purchase, that takes away a lot of the money that eventually I, the artist who created the whole thing, get.

I didn't even have to include the original PSD file, and simply have left it as pre-defined sprites (which are over 100 total, with the different outfits). But we want to give perks to people who support us directly, so the PSD file was thrown in for RMW purchases. Not Steam.

The sprites may in some way be used again, but it's not going to be added just because Steam users are missing out ... I mean, that's kind of the point; a perk so that you buy X instead of Y.

20. Tigersong

Tigersong Furry Fellow Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Okay, a question that's prevalent in my mind- does this pack come with new animal sprites?