Satyrwyld

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I looked, but I don't see this having been asked before; I understand how the waterfall tiles work together (top, middle, bottom) and how they interact with the rock wall tiles, but I can't figure out what water tile is supposed to connect to their upper and lower ends. Either the water portion has a glaring elevation line from rocks, or the water is a different shade of blue, or the land portion doesn't match the grass on the edge of the waterfall tiles. The images on the store page show grass-edged water tiles being used without this problem, and the sample game doesn't use the waterfall tiles, so I can't use it as a guide. Am I missing something completely obvious? Please help.

Mickychi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Edit: Nevermind I just double checked you should have tiles that connect in the A1 tile - it should be on the right side of the A1 tile sheet

If this still doesn't help maybe try shift-click mapping?

Last edited:

Satyrwyld

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Edit: Nevermind I just double checked you should have tiles that connect in the A1 tile - it should be on the right side of the A1 tile sheet

If this still doesn't help maybe try shift-click mapping?

I appreciate your attempt to help, but if you're referring to the grassy water tile between the two waterfall tiles, the grass does not line up properly, and the water is a different color and texture. The first two tiles in the upper left would work, except the first has water that's too dark (the sample maps use it as underwater walls) and the second doesn't merge with the waterfall tiles, leaving an underwater "ledge" at the top and bottom of the waterfall, when in the sample maps this gap is notably absent. The second from the top left does merge, but has dirt edges rather than grass. All shift-click accomplishes is water with no bank at all.

Mickychi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Satyrwyld Alright hopefully I have understood this correct this time:

Here is a quickly done basic map showing the water fall three times, I have taken a screenshot and used paint to outline the areas I need to refer to.

The one on the left is the is how the waterfall originally looks without any shift-click mapping done to it, the middle is unaltered to outline the areas, and the one on the right is the altered outcome. The 1st and 3rd top A1 tile I've outlined with orange circles from the right is the top and bottom parts of the water fall, the 2nd tile from the left is the water I am using.

The area outlined in red is the area is what I gather you are having trouble getting rid of, to get rid of it you need to use Shift-click mapping and replace it with the area outlined with yellow.

Note: If you are using RPG MAKER VX ACE you need to hold down shift and left click on the tile/s you want to copy, then hold down shift and right click to place down the copied tile/s. Regardless remember to hold down shift with any engine for Shift-Click mapping when placing down the tile/s.

upload_2017-12-31_10-17-28.png

Does this help? If not please show me a screenshot of the problem so I can help better.

Last edited:

Satyrwyld

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Satyrwyld Alright hopefully I have understood this correct this time:

(cut for brevity)

Does this help? If not please show me a screenshot of the problem so I can help better.

This helped quite a bit, with a bit of messing around- I'm not sure what's up with my settings, but my problem with the first set of directions seems to be that I need to shift-right click to copy, not left click. Other than that, I have it now, and I very much appreciate the assist!

Mickychi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Satyrwyld Whoops, that would be mistake on my side of my last post, it's supposed to be the other way around like you are doing :p Other than that you're welcome :)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Observation Log 1 on the planet of "RPGMAKERWEB": Local RMXP community seems to have very few survivors. Their script tech-level is in the early Stone Age(about the same as 66RPG in 2007).
Some cats/wolves/squirrels are spotted, they are likely friendly. :3
Keep working on establishing more meaningful contacts.
May try to use the "I Come in Peace" protocol if encounter any hostiles.
Using hiddenone's QTE tutorial I've been able to setup a simple fishing system. Instead of just the pointer moving, the goal moves as well. Holding the action button scrolls the pointer and pressing the down arrow key hooks the fish. The speed of both is variable as well as the number of successful hooks needed for a catch.
When someone helps you solve a problem, it's good to report the thread so it can be closed, but it's also nice to go back and post in the thread to let them know their suggestion actually worked. And, you know, to say thanks for helping.
Yes, I made made my profile picture into a poorly edited fat cat

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yajihana