Doogerie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I was crusing through my local files today and decided to take a look at my DLC fike i noticed that a lot of the DLC doses not show up in the program do i need to put it in maually or am I missing somthing obvious?

EternalShadow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You need to pit it in manually.

Edit: a clarification - mv has no store dlc yet. The dlc in the dlc folder might be Ace dlc, but I don't have MV on steam to check with. If it is MV dlc such as those preorder bonuses, go right ahead.

Last edited by a moderator:

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The dlc within the steam Mv folder is as follows:

BaseResourceCover Art CharactersEssentials Add-OnKadokawaPluginsRPGmakerWeb_pluginsSo yea, it does include actual DLC :D

Doogerie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ok where do I put it?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
into the correct parts of the project folder where you want to use it.

But only put in what you really want to use, because everything in the project folder (even if unused) increases the project size, that's the reason why they weren't included automatically.

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If you want to use it, put each piece that you wish to use into the respective folder for the project that you want to use it in. :)

updatedude

Warper
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hi Doogerie. This info was posted by some dude named Ren_Cloudkicker on Steam. I'm reposting it here for ya:

Here is the breakdown of the DLC you might have and how to get it in the game. This example is adding it to your default resources. This means, it only works with newly created projects... since when you create a new project, it imports from the default steamapp folder. To add to your current project, you might just need to add these to your local folder.
-------------------------------------------------------------
DLC folder
\steamapps\common\RPG Maker MV\dlc
Subfolders...
BaseResource (merge folders audio and img with \steamapps\common\RPG Maker MV\NewData)

• Audio
  • Img
Cover Art Characters (merge folders with \steamapps\common\RPG Maker MV\NewData\img) except BMG

• Bmg (place contents in \steamapps\common\RPG Maker MV\NewData\audio\bgm)
  • Characters
  • Faces
  • Pictures
  • Sv_actors
  • System (note: there is a file names Weapons3.png You may already have that file but it is different. Rename it to Weapons4.png and add to folder.)
Essentials Add-On

• BGM-MP3 (place contents in \steamapps\common\RPG Maker MV\NewData\audio\bgm)
  • BGM-OGG (place contents in \steamapps\common\RPG Maker MV\NewData\audio\bgm)
  • Bonus- Icons (place contents in \steamapps\common\RPG Maker MV\NewData\img\system)
  • Bonus- Titles (place contents in \steamapps\common\RPG Maker MV\NewData\img\titles1)
  • Facesets (place contents in \steamapps\common\RPG Maker MV\NewData\img\faces)
  • TileSets (place contents in \steamapps\common\RPG Maker MV\NewData\img\tilesets)
KadokawaPlugins

• .js files (place contents in \steamapps\common\RPG Maker MV\NewData\js\plugins)
    RPGmakerWeb_pluginsPlugin folders containing .js files (place contents in \steamapps\common\RPG Maker MV\NewData\js\plugins)
-------------------------------------------------
Hopefully this helps and is clear enough to understand. Now when you click to add a plugin, the whole list should be there for you. The other content like characters and tiles will show up just like the default stuff.[*]If you don't want to import a huge database everytime you start a new project, then just add these folders to where you have your project saved.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Well, I've got a party tomorrow, and my friends are coming over. I wanted to work a bit on the Fandom Scouts assets so I can be ready when that update arrives... in other news, Pizza Time Horror is getting a second teaser, and it shows Cabaret Helen's last performance before the location closed.
Also who used to be scared of Chuck E as a kid? I was! Now I love him!
The new cards and what they do:

(I am clearly not a youtuber... Haha)
Just for the record you CAN use the "Exclude unused files" successfully to trim a project down seriously even if you're doing calls to various assets via plugins and such. BUT you need to do a full playtest of pretty much every option to ensure you did get every one of those other assets added in. Then I dumped the assets into a fresh copy of the project and yay it was like 400 Meg......
party time.png
If you've played Knight Shift Chapter 1 this image'll mean something to you. If not, that's also fine!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sweetchi