Saba Kan's Ao no Kiseki Battle System 0.28 (And Rokan's AT Bonus)

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Scripts (RMVX Ace)' started by kirinelf, Apr 3, 2012.

1. zenithzephyr

zenithzephyr Villager Member

This is such a great script. The only problem I'm having is that my character's agi (and thus "speed") seems to have no impact on the battle order. Using skills with lower Delays will change the battle order, but everytime using Delay 100 (my skill 1 Default) skills the turn order goes like this:

Actor 1: 38 agi

Actor 2: 999 agi

Monster 1, 2, and 3: 1 Agi

Anyway to have faster characters go more often using normal skills (Skill 1 Default)?

2. Reanimunculus

Reanimunculus Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I'm using this script along with Victor's side battle and animated battlers. whenever i attack, the enemy battler flips around and stays thatr way, also only the first actor gets to act. do i just alter agility to fix this?

3. zeraf

zeraf Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I found one problem when using it with Victor's animated battle.

The game will crash when I have one character guard and the rest escape and a message pops up saying Victor's animated battle line 6969 is undefined.

This also happened with another Conditional battle script, so it might just be how CTB scripts operate with Victor's script.

4. Lowell

Lowell The Walking Atelier Veteran

First Language:
    English
    A couple of things you should know

#1. This script is outdated, current version is 0.33

#2. You could use Solistra's Note Replacement script to manage the tags without having to change any of the core script.

#3. This is another battle system mod, trying to get it to work with other mods will almost always create some kind of conflict.

5. ShinGamix

ShinGamix DS Style 4Ever! Veteran

First Language:
    April Fools
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    How did you get the battle menu to look that way?

@Battle System

I love the way the turn order looks! Nice job!

Here is how mine look atm.

[​IMG]

Right now I have working in a game project with Yami's Symphony, YEA, VE, and about 50 other scripts are in the game too. So it's nice it didn't conflict with anything.

Also uses Holder's Animated battlers too.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2013
  6. Neo Soul Gamer

Neo Soul Gamer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Here's a question for you Shin, since you're actively using this battle system. I'm using this system as well and I'm trying to find a better balance in the way turn orders are calculated. If you see Post #21 above, Zenith talks about factors actor agility into the turn orders. 

Have you come up with a custom formula of your own, or have you just been sticking with standard delay figures? 

7. ShinGamix

First Language:
    April Fools
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I am working on a formula

but right now I just have the standard. I only have had it plugged in for a few hours now. Would like to collab on a way to have a custom forumula.

8. zeraf

zeraf Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I have seen the stats for zero no kiseki from some strategy guide.

playable character's Speed is around 30 at Lv 3 (start of game) and at Lv 50 it is 40

Enemy speed starts at 28 and final boss has 45

So they went with a more gradual approach in speed increases.

Best advice is to reference the games the script is based on. This includes Legend of heroes Trails in Sky, Sora no kiseki SC, Sora no kiseki 3rd, Zero no kiseki, and Ao no Kiseki.

I own Legend of Hero Trails Sky, and understand a good chunk of the game. If you have a question, feel free to pm me and I could try my best to help with the stat formula

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2013
  9. Neo Soul Gamer

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Love the input Zeraf, thank you. The problem with this system {at least, for me} is that there's two things that factor into turn orders. Neither of them really factor in agility by default, it seems. The speed determines initial turn order. After that, the following turns are decided by Delay settings.

@Shin - I'm totally down to work on something. What I initially came up with was something that factored in the total amount of battlers on the field. So if there were six battlers alive between actors and enemies, then the turn count would reset to a number no less than six, unless they had a very high agility.

That plan went down the crapper because the delay is calculated as soon as the action was chosen, not after it was completed. Kinda ruined the flow of battle.

In the game you plan on using... Will you be dealing with small numbers?

10. zeraf

zeraf Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Yes the delay will mess it up for long term duration of the battle. With this system, you want to sort of calculate ways to fit the most ways of dealing total damage before your opponent can in long term thinking. Delays turns the battle into a long term chess structure.

If you just want the cool looking turn meter showing the order, leave out the delays or make them all the same amount of time. If you want strategic chess formula, keep the delays.

For me, I couldn't get this script to work correctly with Victor's animated battlers. What I would do though, is keep the Speed/ AGI stat very low like between 1 and 100 for everyone. Try to keep everyone within 5-10 points of difference from one another.

This video shows the battle system of the actual game Ao no kiseki as well as some equipment and stats. The stat that affects the turns is SPEED

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2013
    ShinGamix likes this.
  11. Lowell

Lowell The Walking Atelier Veteran

First Language:
    English
    On a side note, this battle system and the skill/quartz heavily tie into one another, allowing you to adjust turn orders, speed, etc so you're really getting about half of the full functions of the battle system. While a script for the Quartz system does exist, it has yet to be translated and wasn't specifically coded with this battle system in mind.

Edit

There is a WIP build of the full battle system on the website as well.

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2013
  12. kerbonklin

kerbonklin Hiatus King Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hope this isn't any kind of a Necro, but is there a specific way to set up state durations to work properly using this system? My game's HP regen state never kicks in, using both Turn End and Action End, I attempted to keep spamming Guard to let turns / units pass by, but the state effects don't trigger.

Edit: Another issue of the same type is when I put an enemy to sleep. I have the sleep set to Action End 1 ~ 2, but no matter how many turns he gets, the enemy always stays asleep.

Thanks.

Edit 2: I realized that by looking at the turn-order section of the script (The first script), it rewrites def on_turn_end and on_action_end, and it is missing the stuff that the original Game_Battler includes, that deal with regeneration, state updates, buff updates, etc. I added it in myself and it works, but I just need to make some adjustments. I don't think my poison damage is kicking in, but the regen works now.

#Edit 2: I fixed my poison damage to properly popup and only tick in after the affected battler's action ends.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2013
  13. Neo Soul Gamer

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Care to post a copy of the fix?

14. ShinGamix

First Language:
    April Fools
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    How do I set up the enemy icon in the order bar on the left?

All mine have the same demon imp.

15. Ice Cluster

Ice Cluster Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    From the script:

# This sets the notetag to be used to define monster graphics.
        # Enter like this in an enemy's notetag:
          # <GRAPHIC_MARKER> <Filename> <index>
          # E.g. GRAPHIC Monster2 2
        GRAPHIC_MARKER = "GRAPHIC"

ShinGamix likes this.
  16. ShinGamix

First Language:
    April Fools
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I put <GRAPHIC Monster2 2> and it didn't change anything.

So I tried <GRAPHIC Monster2 1> and still nothing atm.

• <GRAPHIC, Monster2, 1>
    • <GRAPHIC: Monster2: 1>
    Would it be one of those?

or 

• <GRAPHIC> <Monster2> <1>
    Also what about the default for the hero(s)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2013
  17. Ice Cluster

Ice Cluster Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You have to write:

GRAPHIC Monster2 2

without any < or >

The actors alway use the sprite from database.

ShinGamix likes this.
  18. ShinGamix

First Language:
    April Fools
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    oh no wonder they wouldnt work...lol.

thank you.

19. veinhardt.nightshade

veinhardt.nightshade Warper Member

I hope this isn't a necropost... In the victor sant's animated battle... You must go to the setting you had for your battler. For example, if your battler is in kaduki format, find [:kaduki] setting. Then proceed to the setting where the escape pose happens.

Code:

# Move outside of the screen <action: escape, reset> move: self, escape; pose: self, row 4, all frames, sufix _1, return, loop, wait 8, invert; wait: self, movement; icon: self, delete; </action>It worked for me. And if your battler is turning back when you are being inflicted by slip damage, just put

direction: self, default;in the idle action setting before wait:pose; (if you are using his default settings), and in any other standby poses if necessary. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2013
  20. noelburgundy27

noelburgundy27 Aspiring Jack-of-All-Trades Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    It works with Victor's Target Arrows and Toggle Targets if you put them below the scripts and STR33G1's Battle Status Script.
    See spoiler for preview.

[​IMG]