Saba Kan's Random Dungeon Generator 0.14

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Scripts (RMVX Ace)' started by warlordgrey, Jun 23, 2012.

Tags:
  1. warlordgrey

warlordgrey Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    The dang Mini map error message for the undefined method is still popping up and i have a @ in front of the map name

WTF?

2. warlordgrey

warlordgrey Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    I get rid of the mini map and it tells me it can't find the Data/MapInfos.rxdata

WTF?

3. C-C-C-Cashmere

C-C-C-Cashmere Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    WTF this is an amazing script. I tried making a random dungeon generator myself, but it's difficult! There's tons of ways of doing it. Ah well, with this now we can make the ultimate roguelike! We will conquer the world!

JosephSeraph likes this.
  4. omoney

omoney Ruby Nooby Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I'm not sure but I think the author updated the script a little bit. http://petitrare.com/blog/?p=4552 Unfortunately I don't know what he changed the google translation is a little confusing. Can I also request that the other comments be translated? I'm not sure if they will be useful but I want to figure out it works and potentially change it a little myself so having those comments may or may not be useful.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2012
  5. Animebryan

Animebryan Feels like I'm slowly dying! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The demo is useless without the RPG Maker VX Ace RTP. I'm worried if this script will even work in VX.

6. Jomarcenter

Jomarcenter jomarcenter-MJM Veteran

First Language:
    ENGLISH
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    can you please tell the person who made this if i can use this in a commercial and non-commercial games. thanks.

because i getting permission in advance so just in case.

just pm me if he/she allowed to use that script in commercial and non-commercial games.

7. Levi

Levi Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I'm getting

Any idea why? I popped it into a brand new project, and the only change I made is to the "B" part of line 286.

Edit: Haha. I'm dumb. Nevermind.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2012
  8. Animebryan

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Is there anyway to use the random dungeon generator without the annoying mini-map or the limited visability or highlighting of rooms? I just want to randomize dungeons without the unwanted features.

9. wild_bill236

wild_bill236 Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    2 thing i'd like to say or ask. 1the mini map is only good for up to 85 by 85 tiles. and 2is there any ways to add more block tiles or anything like that. and thank you for this script.

10. jasonxt4c

jasonxt4c Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    i seem to be having trouble with this script, when i try to enter the dungeon i get the error

Script ' Main Dungeon Generator' line 686: NoMethodError occured.

undefined method 'put_to_random_place' for nil:NilClass

11. syndros

syndros Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    I need a little help for my project. When I change the error in line 286 I keep getting an error in line 842.

It's probably something stupid that I am missing. But still, I have been trying for hours to figure it out  >.<

If anyone knows anything then that would be appreciated :)

12. ramschitzo

ramschitzo Warper Member

First Language:
    German
    Hey syndros,

you need the minimap, than the error gone =)

EDIT: how to disable the stupid minimap? -.- i dont want/need them but without the script doesnt work.

Please help me with the minimap :-/

Error: 842

Fix: You need the minimap script.

Error: 686

Fix: Your Tiles on the map are not correct, place other Tiles.

or you have an error with events on the map.

So thats all, maybe they comes more error,

I report my errors with fix when i found some ;)

nice day

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2013
  13. syndros

syndros Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Ah, thank you, you saved my life! :D but now it says that there is a SyntaxError in line 920 "unexpected $end, expecting keyword_end" :(

14. taro8

taro8 Warper Member

Did anyone figured out how to disable minimap? I tried poking the script, but game just crashes. Maybe you could write to the original creator so he could put in a simple setting at the start that would disable the minimap if scripter wants it.

EDIT: Now that I look at this the script could use some more settings, like maximum size of the rooms, minimum and maximum number of rooms with the possibilty to enter those values in the game durring the transistion with will create very much different dungeons even on the same map. Currently when I set map size to 100x100 all I got were giant rooms about 4 or so every time.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2013
  15. JoshJ5Hawk

JoshJ5Hawk Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hey guys, I'm also getting a strange error now with the generator. It errors out right away when I load a game if I don't have at least ONE map with @ at the start of the name. I can deal with that. But now I get an error if I add anymore maps as a child of my 'Town' map. I am required to start a new game for it to work(Which is not ideal, as the farther I get in my game development, I want to use a single save to keep on moving through), otherwise I crash out when I try to enter my new building (It has nothing in it that would make it think it should be generating a dungeon. Could this be a conflict with YanFly's Save Engine somehow?

Thanks Guys/Gals.

EDIT: There does not seem to be a conflict with YanFly's Save engine.

Exact error:

Script 'Dungeon Gen' line279: NoMethodError occured. undefined method `name' for nil:NilClassA few lines from that section of the script:

272: def dungeon?273:    if @random_dungeon != nil274:      return @random_dungeon275:    end276:    unless @map_infos277:      @map_infos = load_data("Data/MapInfos.rvdata2")278:    end279:    @random_dungeon = @map_infos[@map_id].name.include?("@")280:    return @random_dungeon281:  endAlso, for those who want to disable the minimap, check out line 203 in the minimap script:

SQUARE_SIZE = 5   FLOOR_COLOR   = Color.new(70, 70, 180, 170)  PASSAGE_COLOR = Color.new(160, 80, 160, 170)  WALL_COLOR    = Color.new(200, 200, 200, 0)The fourth number SHOULD correspond to the opacity of the object, set those to 0, and you should be good. Maybe even take a stab at setting "SQUARE_SIZE" to 0 as well. I have not personally tested this, but I will and report back, when I make my random dungeon.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2013
  16. taro8

taro8 Warper Member

Ok I managed to disable rooms shown on minimap. I did this by setting their alpha to 0 so they are not displayed. however player, party and enemies are still showing on minimap. Im not exactly sure how to make them invisible as well.

dayum it if it wasnt for the fact that minimap is impossible to tun off by deleting it, then this script could be even better.

EDIT: I poked minimap script some more and discovered how to move the map, lines 263 & 264 have this:

self.x = (Graphics.width - SQUARE_SIZE * $game_map.width) / 2 self.y = (Graphics.height - SQUARE_SIZE * $game_map.height) / 2This puts minimap in the center, remove "/ 2" and you will have it in bottom right corner. Make it:
    Code:
        self.x = (Graphics.width - SQUARE_SIZE * $game_map.width)    self.y = 0
    And it will go into right upper corner.To control map size change line 203: SQUARE_SIZE = 5, smaller number is smaller map.

Now all that is left is to figure out how to disable it.

I google translated the comments, in order to get into how disable the map.

EDIT 2: I think I got it. All you need to do to "disable" the map is to move it outside the screen. For me this worked:

self.x = (Graphics.width + Graphics.width * $game_map.width) self.y = (Graphics.height + Graphics.height * $game_map.height)Looks silly, but it seems to work.EDIT 3: I took a look at actual dungeon generator script and tried to make some changes. For start I managed to limit the maximum size of the rooms, so it does not matter how big the map is. However this created a new problem. The script does not create enough rooms so most of the maps are simple dull corridors. Any idea how to make the script generate rooms more often?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2013
  17. JoshJ5Hawk

JoshJ5Hawk Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    So, I'm now getting error 686 which I read previously in the post means my tiles are not placed correctly, but they are, aren't they?

[​IMG]

18. Animebryan

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Try this: http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/7095-script-for-random-generating-dungeons/ It's an edit of Saba Kan's Random Dungeon Generator edited by KilloZapit. It's designed to remove the annoying mini-map & the visibility issues associated with it. It hasn't been perfected yet but its a start. Note that there's more than 1 script. One is for the Random Dungeon Generator itself & one is for controling event placement like monsters & chests. Hope this helps. 

19. kroko

kroko Villager Member

First Language:
    Danish
    this looks nice! may i ask what the licens is for this great script?

20. jopagu

jopagu Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    I get this:

line 286 syntax error unexpected <
    How can I fix it?

edit:Fixed it

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2013