Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Herro!

Hi, I'm Sab. I'm a fledgling illustrator that honestly only started drawing stuff regularly fairly recently. Prior to that, my work's been limited to scribbles on notebooks, test papers, and paper table mats. With crayons.

For whatever reason, someone deemed me fit to work as a full-time illustrator, designing a range of things from characters, backgrounds to user interfaces. I love the job to death, and I hope to keep doing what I do in the foreseeable future.

In my short time doing this job, however, I've realized I am terribly, terribly ill-prepared. That said, I have a bit of catching up to do. I reckon the best way to practice is by kicking myself in the rear and providing my services to everyone here!

If you're in need of character portraits, backgrounds, logos, icons, character sprites or whatever other graphic resources for your project-in-development, I'd be more than happy to help out. Help me by letting me help you. Everyone's happy.

The Rules!

• Work and other commitments may prevent me from working on these as quickly as I'd want. If you could be just a wee bit patient with me, that'd be swell.
  • I'll most likely pick jobs I take based on interest. Don't worry, I'll be polite enough to tell you that the job you've given is boring.
  • Credit isn't necessary, but it would be nice. It would also be nice if you could mail me chocolate, and/or beer.
  • If it's for a game project, I'd really like to know it's real. I'll only do requests for game projects in-development. I do have to take time off to work on these things, so I'd really like them to be used. Killing a project I designed for before it even ever took off's a buzzkill.
  • Be specific. If you just dropped me your game's title without the slightest indication of what it's actually about, I may just design rainbows, unicorns and kittens on it. If you weren't clear with what it was you wanted, it is not my fault.
  • Critique is absolutely welcome. If I start crying in a corner, leave me there.
The Samples!
Illustration

b6pg.png

tci0.jpg

Logos

jtif.png
Backgrounds

6al8.jpg

e7so.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Shablo5

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I recently made a post requesting this, but seeing your uneasyness about battlers/characters, I won't expect it filled. If you feel comfortable? Great! IF not, look below it for a more 'regular' request.

A battler. A caped figure, who is in a long even cloak going from neck to bottom, hood down, and his head is half flesh, half rotted flesh / disintegrated flesh. And if possible, the same from the neck down, but the hood up and covering his disgust, except maybe his neck/chin.

By 'even cloak' i mean not too rustled. Kinda like this

[IMG]http://gyazo.com/9c1313e713b5dea47a01dc68c55d2c83.png?1340515938[/IMG]
If you can't fill that, I do need a more regular request, but this one will probably make you think. How about an Emblem? No title screen or logo, just an emblem. Wings are a plus, and a sigil is important. What I have in my head is something fancy, with wings (Or outstretched design), and a certain sigil / crest / something from a time long passed. Whenever I thought of cool emblems, I always remembered ones like these (Yes I know they are logos, but the emblem is in them):

[IMG]http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc301/medabots1996/Eternal%20Wish%20-%20White%20Wishes/SupportBar.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff481/hanzokimura/Other%20Stuff/VSTilesetsBanner.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1053.photobucket.com/albums/s478/ss_24/Catharsis/11.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/2223/synchlogo2.png[/IMG]
What say you, my friend? No rush necessary either, my game won't be done for a looong time :)

sabao

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I can handle the battler request just fine, I think. The problem is mostly that my style is inconsistent with what RM has. I can offer to do all your other battlers too, just to make it consistent, but that depends on the total volume you'll need.

As for the emblem, I'll get on it. The samples you have look very tribal. I'm assuming that's what you're after, or do you want something closer to your setting? Say, would the sigil be medieval, contemporary sci-fi, or whatever?

Shablo5

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I can handle the battler request just fine, I think. The problem is mostly that my style is inconsistent with what RM has. I can offer to do all your other battlers too, just to make it consistent, but that depends on the total volume you'll need.

As for the emblem, I'll get on it. The samples you have look very tribal. I'm assuming that's what you're after, or do you want something closer to your setting? Say, would the sigil be medieval, contemporary sci-fi, or whatever?
The reason I referenced Tribal is because it isn't normal. I don't mind if it's medieval (Medieval would potentially match a sigil), or Tribal, as long as it isn't 'normal'. What I mean by normal is... Well, it doesn't look familiar. Does this make sense? The story takes place in a land that may look like ours, but much like religions of old, when you look back on it it seems almost foreign, what they designed, what language they spoke or what gods they worshipped.

Hope this makes some sense.

I showcased that cloak to portray a very smooth, not wrinkled, not opened up, etc look. I am also using a SBS so side view is a plus for battlers. And this battler is a henchmen (Or these, if you do one hood up, one hood down). I'd throw up a request for my main antagonist, however he's not fully fleshed out yet, looks wise. These guys on the other hand, just as important, but the looks aren't as particular.

As for offering to make more battlers, I won't turn you down. I've got some I can throw your way if you'd like, and i'll be sure to keep them different. How many would you say is a good amount that you'd feel comfortable doing? No pressure, I just like to understand people's boundaries. I can PM you my character concepts if you'd like, and you can see the general style of the facesets (Not made yet, but the concepts are) and feel of my game is. This may help you when designing a battler.

McP

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hello! This is my first request on here :D

(Sorry, my english is so bad, i hope you can understand it, thx :) )

I like you making mine a logo like your logo (Steel Hearths) :)

But, i want my symbol logo is on the left of the Title logo

this is my symbol logo..

SoLThread-1.png

Title : Squads Of Legends : G34R!

(I want the word 'G34R' is below the word 'Squads Of Legends')

Colour : I like you making it with Silver Colour,

Font : Hmm.. How about if you choosing it by yourself, maybe you can making mine very cool than i dream it.. hehe :)

This is my old title that making by myself

http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m581/KaKuZoo/th_SoLTitle.png

it's not cool, right?

and, i love it too, if you want to place the japanese word on that title

it's so cool for me.. :D

McP

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Delete this, please..

Mobile mode..

Jeneeus Guruman

The Returnee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
[IMG]http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d131/sabao/RMLogos/guiltylove.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d131/sabao/RMLogos/guiltylove2.png[/IMG]

Logo studies for 'Guilty Love'. I didn't want to seem mean after I basically complained about everything about his game so I made the guy logos to change his old title screen with. At least now he can get even by *****ing about how terrible these are.
These are not terrible! These are epic, I say. Well, a VERY BIG thanks for making these for me without requesting it. :)

EDIT: I will place the blue one at my title in my post.

Reactions: McP

sabao

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Shablo, I'll get right on both requests soon. I need to do a little research on the material first before I start on anything, it's a little tricky. If I give up on designing the sigil from scratch, I'll do what everyone else does and use a brush preset off dA.

G34R request progress:

g34r.png

I do so hate drawing these things. Silver on silver wasn't producing the contrast I wanted, so the skull's been changed to blue. Would've gone red, but it's Gears of War-sy as it is. I'm looking to redraw the gear to add more dimension to it + the fonts need sprucing up. Tell me how you feel about it so far.

EDIT

Photobucket is being a *****, resizing my uploads. I'll get these on a proper host soon.

Mayke

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Title: The Dreamer

Under the title I want it to say "In My Dreams."

Behind the title I want a background of a tree. You can google image "tree of life" there's a bunch of good examples but I want mine to be a tree with leaves and maybe you can possibly add some birds flying around and some stars. But if ur gonna add stars would you mind adding a planet (earth), nothing to fancy just maybe a small circle almost like a moon. Maybe a lil bit of grass under the tree too.

Font: I have no specific but I'm imagining something flourishing, popping out, or unstable like, if that makes sense.

I want the color scheme to be like the background of this logo http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/7114/ff320logodsarticleimage.jpg

more towards the green though.

However you want to work it is up to you. If it looks better having the background with the color scheme and having the text black, maybe black text with white borders or white text with black borders or the background black and the text colored or both/vice versa is up to you.

That's all I can really think of right now. I can draw up a lil sketch of a general idea if you want. Anyways if your up to doing this I'll gladly appreciate it and credit your work. Thank you so much.

McP

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
@Sabao

Wow, so quick..

Thank you very much, :D

about the logo, i like it..

but, the symbol gear and skull logo is not good enough,

i want the symbol logo like a guild or squad logo that very artistic, minimalist (i don't know how to tell it)

if you watch anime Fairy Tail, i'm sure you know what i mean.. :)

but, i can ensure you, that i will use that logo for my game..

coz, it's very better than mine..

sorry for not to be specified about the logo, i just don't know how to tell the detail.. :)

Thanks!

King Galaxian

King Galaxian
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
American!
Primarily Uses
Hey, I need a logo, and I was really hoping you could help me out.

Title: HomeSlice Studios

Theme: Melty Cheese and Tomato...

Size: 544 x 416

Details: An Original Pizza Logo Design. You can make the text any way you see fit as long as it looks good. And as long as it's the same words.

It'd really make my day if you'd help me. Thanks!

sabao

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Here's my final output for McP's request.

g34r.png

g34r2.png

He said he wanted something like the Fairy Tail logo. I'm assuming he meant the earthy texture plus monochromatic colors. Still had trouble with how to lay the text out, so I'm also posting just the logo. I still cry when I read the title aloud.

I'll get to the other requests as soon as I can. Sorry for the wait.

McP

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Yeahh..

This is it..!

I like it :lol:

how can i say thank you.. This is great ;)

sabao

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Schoolwork's piling up, so work here's going to be pushed back quite a bit. Very sorry for the trouble folks, but I'd like to graduate this year. I'll get back on these requests as soon as I'm able!

Osase

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
hi i need a logo

Title: Volcanius:The Conqueror

Theme:Cool and futurific/future

Colour:Red

sabao

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Series of Sorrows: Sorry it took so long, man. It's hell at work. Here's what I've put together so far:

*snip* Oh god this was awful

Heavily influenced by the Domino's logo. I thought the tilt gave it more character, but I can give it to you all straightened out and stuff too. Tried to keep it simple. I'm a bit put off by the little dots that are supposed to be pepperoni. I'll try to do another version later and see what I can improve.

King Galaxian

King Galaxian
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
American!
Primarily Uses
Thanks man! It looks great so far! But I've got one small problem...

I probbly shoulda mentioned this before, I may have, but I'm not sure. It needs to be 544 x 416. In size. If you can do that, you'd make my day. :)

Mitsarugi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Logo Title: Soul Crystals

Sub-Text: Soul Crystals in japanese (ソウルクリスタル)

Scheme/Theme: bleu as in the details http://www.rpgrevolution.com/images/game_screens/41/NewTitleUpd.png

Render/Vector/Silhouettes: (If you have any chosen render, vector or silhouette please do link it here)

Details: like Hanzo's Logo

and this http://www.rpgrevolution.com/images/game_screens/41/NewTitleUpd.png

this is what it looks like right now http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=14107

sabao

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Sorry man, I don't do Japanese. I don't understand the language and I can't write it. The characters in my old logo was done by someone else.

Also, your old logo seems good enough, what do you need another one for?

Mitsarugi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Sorry man, I don't do Japanese. I don't understand the language and I can't write it. The characters in my old logo was done by someone else.

Also, your old logo seems good enough, what do you need another one for?
Japanese is not a problem use Google Translator and copy the text ^^

the old logo has a mist/fog behind it and so i can't use with anything it just looks weird when i use a background with it ,so i would like to have a new one that can be used with a back ground, i was thinking of something like Hanzo's Title screen background :)

and it should be a little bit more brighter like Axerax's Title.

so thats why i would like a new logo, please ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

its_a_random_world.jpg
Well after half a year of health problems (that aren't as bad as before), and playing with UE4 & 5... I realized I should finish this project before working on something else. So I decided to upgrade my randomizer. And really just focus on compromising wherever I can to finish the project sooner rather than later. :kaoswt:
hmmm. an art of mine was removed from reddit, for a reason not even listed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Krockhunter