Harken_W

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It's to my understanding that when a rpg maker mv game is played in the browser online, it's save files are kept in a temporary folder of sorts. When the user clears their cache, the save files will be lost.

I have no experience with this so I assume there's a good reason for it? I know it's similar with flash games.

I'd like a plugin that could either change the folder to a more secure place that won't be erased when the cache is clear.

OR

perhaps when you save, a 'save as' prompt appears so you can decide where to save your save, just like when you download anything else.
and additionally a Load option to locate and load the saved file.

Or perhaps this is just something that can't be changed?

Thanks to anyone who looks into this.

Last edited:

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's to my understanding that when a rpg maker mv game is played in the browser online, it's save files are kept in a temporary folder of sorts. When the user clears their cache, the save files will be lost.

I have no experience with this so I assume there's a good reason for it? I know it's similar with flash games.
Yes, there is a good reason for it. Simplicity, convenience and consistency across OS, browsers and deployments. For example a game deployed on PC makes no sense to prompt the user where he wants to save the game.
It is probably possible to prompt the user to save/load somewhere else, however I'm not sure if anybody would make such a plugin for free, since it's a fairly advanced one.

Harken_W

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Poryg Ah okay, that makes sense. Thanks for your insight on this. I may have to rethink a few things then it seems.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Only eaten once during breakfast. No lunch
Not that I have any use for them, but Humble Bundle has a new RPG Asset Bundle available for those interested. You can find it here. Happy asset hoarding. :LZSwink:
Tired of just doing mobile. Now you can Play the game in ur Browser! https://bigmala-productions.itch.io/rpg-forever
I managed to fix my car at last... :biggrin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pavlacalm