Harken_W

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It's to my understanding that when a rpg maker mv game is played in the browser online, it's save files are kept in a temporary folder of sorts. When the user clears their cache, the save files will be lost.

I have no experience with this so I assume there's a good reason for it? I know it's similar with flash games.

I'd like a plugin that could either change the folder to a more secure place that won't be erased when the cache is clear.

OR

perhaps when you save, a 'save as' prompt appears so you can decide where to save your save, just like when you download anything else.
and additionally a Load option to locate and load the saved file.

Or perhaps this is just something that can't be changed?

Thanks to anyone who looks into this.

Last edited:

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's to my understanding that when a rpg maker mv game is played in the browser online, it's save files are kept in a temporary folder of sorts. When the user clears their cache, the save files will be lost.

I have no experience with this so I assume there's a good reason for it? I know it's similar with flash games.
Yes, there is a good reason for it. Simplicity, convenience and consistency across OS, browsers and deployments. For example a game deployed on PC makes no sense to prompt the user where he wants to save the game.
It is probably possible to prompt the user to save/load somewhere else, however I'm not sure if anybody would make such a plugin for free, since it's a fairly advanced one.

Harken_W

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Poryg Ah okay, that makes sense. Thanks for your insight on this. I may have to rethink a few things then it seems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

So a guy enters in a bar and walks up to the counter. He looks the bartender with a mysterious look and asks him...
I've wondered for a while now... what is it about the YED SV plugin that just doesn't do transformations... I feel it's how it looks up the battlers honestly.
To actually work on my game, or browse these forums about creating my game? Hmmm....
Tanning beds are actually vampire traps. Coffin shaped but the minute they're inside... BAM UV Rays. Dead Vampire.
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/restrictions-limited-move-sets.117489/ A new blog discussion thread draws near! Command?

What do you think of Limited Move Sets?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eveelynn