The Walking Atelier
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
SaGa Project: BP Mechanic Ver. 2.00
By Lowell

This script recreates the BP Mechanic of the niche title Romancing SaGa: Minstrels Song by modifying MP to behave much like BP does in the game.

Features

• Allows users to set an actors or enemies initial mp at the start of battle. These values can range from 0% to 100% of their max mp
  • Allows users to set a flat mp regeneration value that's independent of the state slip function.
Screenshots
No need for a screenshot as of now, as the MP display is the same as it's always been

How to Use
To install this script, open up your script editor and copy/paste this script
to an open slot below ▼ Materials/素材 but above ▼ Main. Remember to save.

<initial: bp:x>

• Sets the actor or enemies initial mp. These have to be placed inside their respective note fields.
<mp recovery: x>

• Sets the mp regeneration rate to a flat number. These have to be placed inside their respective note fields.
Demo
No need for a demo, it's mostly plug & play with minimal input required by the user

Script (Pastebin Links)

Download Link

Direct Link

FAQ
Q: Compatibility Issues?

A: None thus far

Credit and Thanks
- Lowell
- CaptainJet (for helping me to pinpoint what was breaking in the script)

Author's Notes
Free for non commercial usage.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

…I think I might need to switch from standard ATK/DEF up/down buffs to parameter altering states. I just had an actor whose usual attack against an enemy does ~25 do a buffed attack against a debuffed enemy for ~600…
just saw that titan quest is free on steam until the 23rd
Zombie status is now complete. I didn't have to do much in the way of changing how healing is applied to undead targets, was just a simple 3 line code. I thought I had to overhaul Game_Action lol. Everything else was doable by events. So.. Zombie: You turn undead. Your element changes to darkness. You're weak to light, you're strong to physical attacks and healing hurts you and revival items will kill you.
My Overworld might be a mix of inspiration from 2D Final Fantasy games, Breath of Fire, Battlechasers: Nightwar, Super Mario World, and Pillars of Eternity. If I can make it more in-depth than just walking from point A to point B, that might do a lot for the gameplay experience. Hmm...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JetWentworth