JonicOokami7

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
With this (admittedly huge parody Injoke) of a game I'm making it's graphical style is heavily inspired by the SaGa trilogy on the gameboy. (or Final Fantasy Legend in the west). I figured there would already be a script to do a similar layout to what I was looking for (see Picture disclosed) I was hoping to maybe get the battle screen to emulate how like the title says. FFL3/SaGa3 did it.

slide-saga6.png

There is also this very old Mockup of how i foresaw it before I actually started work on the game... Though i'm not sure if the clunkiness of the hud should remain as it's pretty much based on the GB's screen limit too.
80xAhg.jpg

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@JonicOokami7
I strongly suggest you provide more info and explanations about what you want as a battlesystem.
At the moment, only people who know the games you referenced can even try to understand what you want.

But because there is only a very limited number of Scripter for Ace left and battlesystems are often the most complex of all scripts, forcing those scripters to even research what you want reduces the chance of one of them doing this to effectively zero.
You'll need a detailed description to have even a chance of getting a battlesystem for free for Ace...

JonicOokami7

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Oh of course. Well What I just want is the party to be visible on the battle screen. Nothing really that elaborate to be totally honest.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If it is just to have the Party visible, then there are already several battle scripts doing this.
I suggest you check out the master script list of what is still available (some links have becomes dead).
If you don't have the link to the MSL, follow the link "how to use a script" in my signature, it's include there.

Canini

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
There are indeed a great deal of scripts available that can do this. It is just a matter of making the graphical style. FFL3/SaGa3 is completely turn-based right? No way for a character to attack more than once for any given turn, right?

JonicOokami7

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
SaGa 3 is turn based yes. as for the graphical style I've pretty much made 60-70% of the graphics for this GB styled project.

As for the list i couldn't really find one I was looking for on it.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Noriko_Human.png
Worked on some face-sets. Need to finish up the lot and cut some out of the game. She's looking pretty cute.
Even though I'm not going for the first time in...ten years or something...ordered my Gen Con dice!
Will be focusing on map making today and adding locked chests :LZSsmile:Screenshot 2021-09-16 095316.png
It's hard to stay consistent for at least a week
new enemies for the game I'm working on...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bielg9