Sakan Refuses to Open New MV Project

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Attempted various times following fresh installs, integrity verification, running as admin, restarts, etc.

I find that, when I run Sakan through RPG Maker MV, the tool functions as expected - I can click Options, Contents, and About, etcetera; however, when I click the 'Open MV Project' button, naught happens.

I tried searching the forums, but one post had no response and the others seemed focused more on getting the tool to run in the first placed as opposed to this specific issue.

Am I thick and have simply missed out a vital step, or has anyone else experienced this complication also?

MashiroS

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm having the same problem. Not just Sakan but Mado is showing the same symptoms. Weirdly, Gene seems to be fine.
It worked perfectly fine in the past on the same system I'm using now. I'm starting to think either a Windows update broke something or an RPGMaker MV update broke something when I wasn't looking...

MashiroS

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tested MV, Sakan and Mado on a different system linked to my steam account and it works. I think it was a Windows update that broke something...

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Some tests I did with previous versions of MV on Windows seem to corroborate this idea, as Sakan still did not function on versions 1.4.1, 1.5.1, and 1.5.2, as well as the current version. Do note that I did not roll back any further for more extensive tests.
Though you would think if it was due to a Windows update, then there would be more documentation of this.
Ah, well. Gimp to the rescue for the meanwhile.

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It seems to be that a recent windows update can prevent MV tools from working normally.
Uninstalling the Windows 10 2020 updates named (KB4571756) should fix it for now.

Nekohime1989

Nekohime
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It seems to be that a recent windows update can prevent MV tools from working normally.
Uninstalling the Windows 10 2020 updates named (KB4571756) should fix it for now.
I would advise against this as that update includes important security updates for windows 10. You're better off contacting Degica Support directly in the case of this issue.

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Degica support can't fix a bug that originates with a Windows update.
Hopefully, Microsoft will address the issue in an upcoming update.

Until then you'll have to weigh the pros and the cons of either keeping or uninstalling the update.

Bladro

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry to post so late, but has anyone found work around on this issue? Or any kind of update?

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The work around has been posted above, here it is again. :LZSsmile:

"Uninstalling the Windows 10 2020 updates named (KB4571756) should fix it for now."

Bladro

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's the problem I don't have that update on my computer it seems. So I was wondering if anyone found another fix to this issue.

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It may be a newer windows update causing issues.

Bladro

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok I removed all Updates from my computer there are only ones left I can not uninstall and it still won't work. Are there any other things that may stop it?

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Please provide a detailed description of what is happening and what you expect to happen. It may be that you're experiencing a different issue than the one this thread addresses. Screen shots of any relevant information or error messages would be very helpful too.

Bladro

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for your help.
I bought Sakan today from Steam and installed it. When I open it it looks like this
Screenshot (3).png

Then I click file and click open MV Project...
Screenshot (1).png

then it does this
Screenshot (3).png

After reading through your post I looked through my updates and uninstalled every single one it would let me because the one previously mentioned wasn't there. There are three it will not allow me to uninstall (KB4593175, KB4586864, and KB4577266).

As for what I am expecting to happen is for the program to open a project or show an image of some kind. There are no error messages. I click and well nothing happens.

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you for the details, I will pass this along. :LZSsmile:

Bladro

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Another relevant detail is that Mado, also purchased today, does the exact same thing as Sakan (Thus no screen shots as they would be redundant).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Who would think putting a power button on a side of a laptop is a good thing? You want to move the laptop and you suddenly press the button.
The second draft of my script is almost done, and I don't think I'm going to write a third draft. I'll make changes to dialogue here and there, but I'm happy with the series of events the way they are.
How you feel about font and dialogue box changing for every main character while the minor cast and regular npc get their own styles? Too much?
Just found an obviously custom effect (i.e. edited by me) in my resources>sounds folder called "rip jaw off". Dear Lord what is wrong with me as a person that at some point I needed a sound *specifically* for THAT??
(...rhetorical question.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasasewamobilbali