Sakan Refuses to Open New MV Project

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Attempted various times following fresh installs, integrity verification, running as admin, restarts, etc.

I find that, when I run Sakan through RPG Maker MV, the tool functions as expected - I can click Options, Contents, and About, etcetera; however, when I click the 'Open MV Project' button, naught happens.

I tried searching the forums, but one post had no response and the others seemed focused more on getting the tool to run in the first placed as opposed to this specific issue.

Am I thick and have simply missed out a vital step, or has anyone else experienced this complication also?

MashiroS

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm having the same problem. Not just Sakan but Mado is showing the same symptoms. Weirdly, Gene seems to be fine.
It worked perfectly fine in the past on the same system I'm using now. I'm starting to think either a Windows update broke something or an RPGMaker MV update broke something when I wasn't looking...

MashiroS

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tested MV, Sakan and Mado on a different system linked to my steam account and it works. I think it was a Windows update that broke something...

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Some tests I did with previous versions of MV on Windows seem to corroborate this idea, as Sakan still did not function on versions 1.4.1, 1.5.1, and 1.5.2, as well as the current version. Do note that I did not roll back any further for more extensive tests.
Though you would think if it was due to a Windows update, then there would be more documentation of this.
Ah, well. Gimp to the rescue for the meanwhile.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Less than a week and I can move into my new apartment and out of this bad situation. I'm so excited! Then game making power will increase. :kaoluv:
Enter the password in letters. (English subtitles)
I really tried to pull off something for halloween, but I don't feel like going on. I feel like the plot I was building was too generic, and I couldn't connect to it as I do with other projects. On the bright side, I've been working on my cosmic-puzzle project, so far I think the core mechanics are working properly, so I'll be creating some large test maps to see how it works out.
People2_5 & SF_Monster1 added!

Ami
--- X Costume ---

M.Healer: I'm wearing M.Mage's Costume.
M.Mage: I'm wearing M.Healer's Costume.
M.Knight: Why not using the Scary Costume like me,The Scary Frankenstein?
M.Healer: Err…Because we have low of Budget.
M.Mage: Yeah,right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TikeTenGamesOffical