Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
N/A
3Litmpz.jpg

Introduction

This is an IGMC 2017 entry from a team where I'm involved. Time constraint and some then-executed experiments are the basis of this project. We did it to pull this game into release just in time.
For a note: Sample09 is heavily inspired by SCP Foundation and the game SCP: Containment Breach. So, if you're familiar with the SCPs, you might will find some similarities in this game.

Synopsis

The story is set in a place called Site 0019, which is owned by a shady organization called Cromwell's Institute. Nobody knows what is Site 0019 and how could you ended up in such shady place.

A security breach combined with power failure crippled the Site. It is your only chance to escape from such place, but it won't be a walk in the park; dangerous Samples are on the loose, and the security backups will come anytime soon...

Can you escape from Site 0019?

Game Mechanics
  • There is no combat in Sample09, but you'll have to fight your life escaping the Site 0019
  • You gain control of an escaping unnamed Subject through the dark corridors of the crippled Site 0019. Walk cautiously and plan ahead; some Samples will get in your way. Strafing or peeking around for Samples is the key of success.
  • Dealing with Samples might increase your panic rate (thus decreases your health). Some rooms have a device that can calm your down, and record your progress.
  • Your end goal is reaching the main gate. Will not be an easy task, I'd say.

Screenshots
W8aXCI.png

LoM4aX.png
wiHHhv.png
1wzJGn.png

Download
Get it here: https://richter-h.itch.io/sample09
I forgot to ask for the download link from the project lead, but this might do as well.

The game takes 20-60 minutes to finish. Quite a short game, yes.
Anyway, feedback welcome.

After all, I in behalf on the team hope you'll enjoy this game.
Cheers~​

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Dam, does the night get to me, I sound and look like a monster. Its 3:54 am right now...I need sleep...or...coffee.
It has nothing to do with my project, but I'm in love with voxels
If you feel like your story isn't that great, just look at final fantasy.
Nightmare Traveler: A game where we play as... the bad guy?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsytrggfsdb