A dragon chilling in darkness
- Oct 20, 2019
- Reaction score
- First Language
- Primarily Uses
Sandbox Map v0.2.0
Drag & Plug-in
Drag & Plug-in
Sorry for typos, English is not my native language.
Always wanted to make a city-building game ?
Or just add some housing gameplay ?
Wanna change the tiles of your map during the game for some reasons ?
But... It's such a mess to do that with events ! And the autotiles ?! It's never gonna work !
.... Until now. With this plugin, you can now directly change tiles with intuitive plugin commands.
- Autotiles support. Do not worry about your stone roads or your walls. They are gonna be pretty. They'll look and behave the same as if they were built in the editor, you won't be able to tell the difference. Including rivers and waterfalls (we never know).
- Different layer support. You can exactly place what you want, where you want, on the layer you want. And if you don't know what a layer is, don't worry, there is an automatic layer option.
- Shadow support. Walls cast shadows, it's a fact. And it will be the case too with the ones you place with this plugin.
- Shapes feature. Building a single tile is fine, placing multiple at once is better !
- Different modes to let the player build what you want, where you want or where they wants.
- A built-in window to let the player pick what tile he wants to place.
- Notetags support. Building a house cost wood ! And stamina ! And ... well, whatever you want. Bananas ?
- Common event integration. Hear ye, hear ye, let's run some common event before and/or after a tile has been placed !
- An optional turn in place feature. Because it's very useful to be able to look to your left and right without taking any steps.
- And much more, of course !
How to Use
Extract, place Drag_SandboxMap.js in your js/plugins/ folder, go to your plugin manager into RPG MAKER MZ and add this plugin to you list and enable it.
Then refer to the paragraph below about plugin commands to know how to used them !
How to get the Tile ID of the tile you want to place ?
Go to your RPG Maker MZ application, and go to your map tool, then select the tileset the tile belong to (A, B, C, D, E). To get your tile ID, you just have to count from top left to bottom right the tiles, starting from 1.
The first tile at the very top left of your tileset will therefore be 1, then the one to his right will be 2, right again 3... the last one on this
line will be 8. Then, the next one, 9, will be on the line below at the far left. Ect.
If you are not too bad at math, you can also use the mathematical table of 8, since there is 8 tile by line on your tileset. It can be useful to easily get the tile ID at the middle or bottom of your tileset if there is a lot of tiles.
Plugin Commands / Script Calls
- Built Tile : This plugin command is for placing tile(s) directly on the map, at the specified x, y and layer.
- Enable Build Mode : This plugin command will put the player into "Build mode". Depending on the parameters you have set up for this command, sprites preview of the buildable tiles will appear, and the player will be able to use the mapped key to build the tile(s).
- Confirm Build Tiles : If you are setting up a common event to be run before building a tile, this plugin command will allow the plugin to build the tile. If you set up a common event to be run before building a tile and do not use this plugin command within the common event, the tile will not be built until this plugin command is run. I.E. : running a common event before placing a tile, ask confirmation to the player that he want to place this tile, if he does want to, run this plugin command.
- Cancel Build Tiles : Same as the command above, but to cancel the placement of the tile. I.E. : running a common event before placing a tile, ask confirmation from the player that he want to place this tile, if he doesn't want to, run this plugin command.
- Show Window : This plugin command will display the categories and tiles windows on the screen. You can specify a map ID to show a window from another map.
- Hide Window : This plugin command will close the categories and tiles windows. No Parameters.
- Add Tile To Window : This plugin command will add tile(s) to the window to be displayed. All tiles have to belong to a category. If a category doesn't exist, it will be created automatically.
- Remove Tile From Window : This plugin command will remove the specified tile from the specified category of the window. If a category doesn't have tiles stored anymore, it will be destroyed automatically.
A free demo version of the plugin is available to download on the itch.io page, however in this version, you'll not be able to save the changes on the map (placed tiles will be discarded when the player change map or open a menu) nor to use the built-in window tile.
A sample project is also available to download on the itch.io page. It uses the free demo version of the plugin.
Terms and Credits
1. This plugin can be used in free or commercial games on the sole condition that this plugin has been legally acquired (through purchase from drag-and-plug-in.itch.io).
2. The author of the plugin must be creditted under the name of "Drag & Plug-in".
3. You can edit as much as you want the source code, but I do not take responsibillity for the plugin in that case. This apply for custom code used in the plugin parameters.
4. Any redistribution of this plugin is strictly forbidded, as well as using part of the source code as your own.
5. The author of the plugin is not responsible for problems in your game due to unintended usage, incompatibility with other plugins nor plugin not up to date.
Specials thanks to Tea for your bug-test, your suggestions, your help.