Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Sandbox Map v0.2.0
Drag & Plug-in

Introduction

Sorry for typos, English is not my native language.

Always wanted to make a city-building game ?
Or just add some housing gameplay ?
Wanna change the tiles of your map during the game for some reasons ?

But... It's such a mess to do that with events ! And the autotiles ?! It's never gonna work !
.... Until now. With this plugin, you can now directly change tiles with intuitive plugin commands.

Features

• Autotiles support. Do not worry about your stone roads or your walls. They are gonna be pretty. They'll look and behave the same as if they were built in the editor, you won't be able to tell the difference. Including rivers and waterfalls (we never know).
  • Different layer support. You can exactly place what you want, where you want, on the layer you want. And if you don't know what a layer is, don't worry, there is an automatic layer option.
  • Shadow support. Walls cast shadows, it's a fact. And it will be the case too with the ones you place with this plugin.
  • Shapes feature. Building a single tile is fine, placing multiple at once is better !
  • Different modes to let the player build what you want, where you want or where they wants.
  • A built-in window to let the player pick what tile he wants to place.
  • Notetags support. Building a house cost wood ! And stamina ! And ... well, whatever you want. Bananas ?
  • Common event integration. Hear ye, hear ye, let's run some common event before and/or after a tile has been placed !
  • An optional turn in place feature. Because it's very useful to be able to look to your left and right without taking any steps.
  • And much more, of course !

Screenshots

Capture d’écran 2021-08-08 030135.pngCapture d’écran 2021-08-08 030535.pngCapture d’écran 2021-08-08 031827.pngCapture d’écran 2021-08-08 031843.pngCapture d’écran 2021-08-08 030625.pngCapture d’écran 2021-08-08 031238.png

How to Use
Extract, place Drag_SandboxMap.js in your js/plugins/ folder, go to your plugin manager into RPG MAKER MZ and add this plugin to you list and enable it.

Then refer to the paragraph below about plugin commands to know how to used them !

How to get the Tile ID of the tile you want to place ?

Go to your RPG Maker MZ application, and go to your map tool, then select the tileset the tile belong to (A, B, C, D, E). To get your tile ID, you just have to count from top left to bottom right the tiles, starting from 1.

The first tile at the very top left of your tileset will therefore be 1, then the one to his right will be 2, right again 3... the last one on this
line will be 8. Then, the next one, 9, will be on the line below at the far left. Ect.

If you are not too bad at math, you can also use the mathematical table of 8, since there is 8 tile by line on your tileset. It can be useful to easily get the tile ID at the middle or bottom of your tileset if there is a lot of tiles.

Capture d’écran 2021-07-26 180235.png

Plugin Commands / Script Calls

- Built Tile : This plugin command is for placing tile(s) directly on the map, at the specified x, y and layer.

- Enable Build Mode : This plugin command will put the player into "Build mode". Depending on the parameters you have set up for this command, sprites preview of the buildable tiles will appear, and the player will be able to use the mapped key to build the tile(s).

- Confirm Build Tiles : If you are setting up a common event to be run before building a tile, this plugin command will allow the plugin to build the tile. If you set up a common event to be run before building a tile and do not use this plugin command within the common event, the tile will not be built until this plugin command is run. I.E. : running a common event before placing a tile, ask confirmation to the player that he want to place this tile, if he does want to, run this plugin command.

- Cancel Build Tiles : Same as the command above, but to cancel the placement of the tile. I.E. : running a common event before placing a tile, ask confirmation from the player that he want to place this tile, if he doesn't want to, run this plugin command.

- Show Window : This plugin command will display the categories and tiles windows on the screen. You can specify a map ID to show a window from another map.

- Hide Window : This plugin command will close the categories and tiles windows. No Parameters.

- Add Tile To Window : This plugin command will add tile(s) to the window to be displayed. All tiles have to belong to a category. If a category doesn't exist, it will be created automatically.

- Remove Tile From Window : This plugin command will remove the specified tile from the specified category of the window. If a category doesn't have tiles stored anymore, it will be destroyed automatically.

Demo
A free demo version of the plugin is available to download on the itch.io page, however in this version, you'll not be able to save the changes on the map (placed tiles will be discarded when the player change map or open a menu) nor to use the built-in window tile.

A sample project is also available to download
on the itch.io page. It uses the free demo version of the plugin.

Download

Terms and Credits

1. This plugin can be used in free or commercial games on the sole condition that this plugin has been legally acquired (through purchase from drag-and-plug-in.itch.io).
2. The author of the plugin must be creditted under the name of "Drag & Plug-in".
3. You can edit as much as you want the source code, but I do not take responsibillity for the plugin in that case. This apply for custom code used in the plugin parameters.
4. Any redistribution of this plugin is strictly forbidded, as well as using part of the source code as your own.
5. The author of the plugin is not responsible for problems in your game due to unintended usage, incompatibility with other plugins nor plugin not up to date.

Specials thanks to Tea for your bug-test, your suggestions, your help.

Last edited:

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
THANK YOU! Always love that kind of plugin, super useful, thank you for your hard work!

Drag

A dragon chilling in darkness
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you Fizzly ! It's been a lot of work to make that plugin, and I hope it will be useful ! :LZSgrin:

Drag

Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
A new version is out (0.2.0). The changelog :

1. Changes :

• Added opacity settings of sprites previews into plugin parameters.
  • Added a new plugin command parameter "Complex Shape". This is for users who want to place complete custom shaped group of tiles. While the "Shape" parameter was basically drawing a rectangle of the inputted size of what is in your tileset, this "Complex Shape" parameter let you define what tile at which position in the group you want to build.
2. Bug fixes :

• Fixed a bug where you couldn't switch tiles if several placeable tiles was set on the same spot on restricted mode.
  • Fixed a bug where you couldn't place tiles if sprite preview was disabled on free and restricted mode.
  • Fixed a bug where you couldn't place tile on free mode if you put regions ids on restricted mode parameters.
  • Fixed a bug where you could only place a shaped tile on restricted mode on the spot that has the corresponding region id.
  • Fixed a bug where shaped tiles would not be placed at the good position on free mode if the player was facing the left direction.
3. Optimization :

• Optimized verification of region ids while placing a tile on free and restricted mode.
  • Optimized bitmap sprite preview refresh only when needed.
  • Optimized calculation of shaped sprite preview autotiling.

Aerosys

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
As for someone who also does on-the-fly map manipulation, may you want to share how you did it? Do you write on the $dataMap instance and tell the Map to refresh itself? Or did you find another way? I'm asking this because I want to know if it is compatible with my Plugin and/or MZ3D.

It would be legendary when it fits with my Random Maps, I mean... RANDOM MAPS AND SANDBOXING, how freaking cool would that be?!!

Drag

Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
As for someone who also does on-the-fly map manipulation, may you want to share how you did it? Do you write on the $dataMap instance and tell the Map to refresh itself? Or did you find another way? I'm asking this because I want to know if it is compatible with my Plugin and/or MZ3D.

It would be legendary when it fits with my Random Maps, I mean... RANDOM MAPS AND SANDBOXING, how freaking cool would that be?!!
Hey Aerosys !
My plugin edit directly the $dataMap object and then ask the tilemap to refresh, yes.
I never used MZ3D so I don't know if it will be compatible or not, nor about your plugin. If you have the answer, I'm curious. :) And if you know why it would not be compatible, I could try to found a workaround.

I agree that random map + sandboxing would be really great. A lot of game has those feature, and I want to see a RPG Maker game with those aswell. :)

Leprikon01

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Will there be a video with a demonstration of the plugin's capabilities?

Drag

Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello Leprikon !

Yes, I plan to make a video (or several), as well as a demo and a sample project. But all of this is still a work in progress. There is a few gifs that demonstrate a bit the plugin features on my discord server, if you are interested. The link can be find on the itch.io page of the plugin.

Leprikon01

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello Leprikon !

Yes, I plan to make a video (or several), as well as a demo and a sample project. But all of this is still a work in progress. There is a few gifs that demonstrate a bit the plugin features on my discord server, if you are interested. The link can be find on the itch.io page of the plugin.
Thanks. I looked, great job!

Drag

Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
A free demo version of the plugin is now available to download, however in this version, you'll not be able to save the changes on the map (placed tiles will be discarded when the player change map or open a menu) nor to use the built-in window tile.

Sample project is still a WIP.

Drag

Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
A sample project is now available and can be downloaded for free.
It use the demo free version of the plugin.
If you notice any bug, please let me know.

Have a good day !

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A sample project is now available and can be downloaded for free.
It use the demo free version of the plugin.
If you notice any bug, please let me know.

Have a good day !
I wanted to ask, is this compatible with web builds? I mean, will this work If we doploy for android?

Drag

Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I wanted to ask, is this compatible with web builds? I mean, will this work If we doploy for android?
Hello !

I did not tried it with android deployed games. In fact, I did not really created this plugin with phone games in mind. You should try the free version and see if it works correctly with your game.

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Dear @Drag, I bought premium version, but I can't really figure out how to manage things... I mean the "building menu", how to add things, how to use them, is there option to make a "demo game" for premium plugin, pretty please?

Drag

Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Dear @Drag, I bought premium version, but I can't really figure out how to manage things... I mean the "building menu", how to add things, how to use them, is there option to make a "demo game" for premium plugin, pretty please?
Hello Fizzly !

Hmm, yes, absolutely, I believe I could make a demo version for the paid version. By the building menu, do you mean the part of the plugin that let you display a window for the player to pick up something to build ?

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello Fizzly !

Hmm, yes, absolutely, I believe I could make a demo version for the paid version. By the building menu, do you mean the part of the plugin that let you display a window for the player to pick up something to build ?
Yes, exactly. I would be grate if you prepare a demo for this ^^' Thank you so much.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

i only have one decent song and i dont even think it fits for a video game
Update: I finished the combat arena! My goodness, it took a while! There were numerous little bugs to squash.
Maldra wrote on stramin's profile.
Hi regarding the 32 bit -> 64 bit
I am running on a 64 bit windows OS and tried doing this conversion. I converted all of the .exe files that I could find in the KADOKAWA\RPGMV folder using the 4gbpatch.exe file. However, after trying to access RPG Maker MV after this conversion, it simply will not load. Do you have any advice or any ideas?
****ing muscle memory: does anyone else habitually quit out of test play when they notice something they """HAVE""" to fix, in spite of the fact that you can now edit DURING test play?

...thousands of times...

...every day?
Does anyone recognize him? :kaocry:
pwkyiDa.jpg

And hi.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yuangou