UltraMario12

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Do you think it works if i put this in the event that kills you (after the +1 on the variable and before the game over)?

Sarlecc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think it should if not it would take a small edit in the game over function.

UltraMario12

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
No, Variable still at 0 if I start a New Game after a death.

Sarlecc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Haven't tested this but put this in a .js (for example myTest.js) file activate it in your plugins then try a new game.
Code:
(function($){
    var Scene_Base_checkGameOver = $.prototype.checkGameover;
    $.prototype.checkGameover = function() {
        DataManager.saveAchievesWithoutRescue(21)
        Scene_Base_checkGameOver.call(this);
    };
})(Scene_Base);

Question do other types of global achieves work ones that don't rely on dying to increment?
If this doesn't work I can give you more help tomorrow. (One of the things you could try is putting my scripts alone in a new project and see if it works).

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How do you make this work with Steam achievements?

UltraMario12

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Works. But now everytime i start a new game i get the plugins again. So i duplicats... everytime i start a new game.
I think thats because i have the script for all acievements that can be optained at the begining of the a new game.
https://picload.org/view/dldriwpr/asdf.png.html

Sarlecc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Check your events. What is happening is that you have the event that creates the achievements getting run each time you start a new game thus it recreates the achievements. Possibly an easy solution is to create a global switch achievement for starting a game once with the event having a condition checking rather or not that achievement has been rewarded.

@Tuomo L I haven't tested it with steam achievements. What I am coming up with in my searches on the subject though is it would require a server see this on the matter. Once you have access to the Steam API you would have to check to see what would need to be used in order for it to work.

Now I do seem to recall another achievement script out there that does work with Steam Achievements (though its been a long time since I have been here so I don't know if it still works).

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
need a time to not open my MV,still addicted with new vegas

i wonder what addiction effect behind playing new vegas too much,maybe INT & Science gone worse in many days :D
cdjensen94 wrote on Kaliya's profile.
Are you the one who develops Kaliya's Visual Map Enhancements. If so I desperately need some help. I bought the plugin back a few months. I've only started using it recently.
Cause MP Damage instead of HP, Localization Plugin for Translation | RPG Maker News #112

Here in Fla were are seeing crazy covid spikes and some vaccinated getting bad infections. I had a mild fever on Thurs but it went down fast. How is everyone else doing. Hopefully you are all well. :)
Wish I was better at art, specifically that I was faster at it, bc this one NPC took Several Days to complete! It's gonna take So Extremely Long to do all of the art for my game, never mind writing it... Anyways, here's my gorgon, Hopernica Sthyxis!

57b88732c7abbcd84981dacf624a98495af61fcc.gifv

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jinyuchai