Sarah's Writing and Poetry.

Discussion in 'Art, Literature, and Music' started by Sarah79, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Sarah79

Sarah79 Irresponsible Captain Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    The beat of a heart, my heart.
    The single breath into frozen air, sliding against my scarf.
    Every single step ripples through my body, through my lungs and into my mind.
    An echo of my thoughts reflected in my actions I feel every step towards my goals a second before I got there.
    On the outside I’m just some punk kid, trying to make sense of his own hard drive, the power of every signal riding it’s every quark into the fibers of entangled code that make up my body, a moving vessel, the will of my ancestors.
    To the outside I am just another Human, showing the same self serving desires and eccentricities that make up our civilizations. My hard drive is full of every idea I helped put there, the concept of war, destruction, superiority and prejudice. I am coded to follow the orders of a network that facilitated my design.
    But I feel my heartbeat, my engine running at its strongest I feel the echoes grow stronger the pain in my body deepens and everything becomes faster, the engine weers, wines, the breaths become forced the pain intensifies, beat, beat, beat, BEAT, BEAT

On the inside I see a different world, one where I stand on the edge of the universe, I feel my essence standing next to all intelligent life left in the worlds, watching myself die, watching the last red dwarf.
    The emptiness of space filling every aspect of our conscious, we did it. we reached the end, we did not die from war, hate, our own failure as a species, but the inevitable. I see myself there, standing next to them, watching the last red dwarf die. I see myself crying both in loss and in happiness that this was the ending of us, still no other life to be found, uniting in the feeling that we all shall one day look into the stars and realise there is no one there, we are alone. we are all alone. But that is why we survive, we strive to exist, in a cold and desolate void we were born to experience ourselves, every peice of us made of the first stars and now we look upon the last star, from beging to end, we are the universe.

BEAT, BEAT, beat, beat, beat…
    I stop in the middle of an empty road, cars long gone in exchange for the nighttime snow, I look up and tears fall from my face, the world is here to die, and this punk kid, this Human, this organic harddrive built from the system that hates her, is just one cog in the machine that will make it worth while, what is death without life, and why complete a task you were never aware of to begin with? Because without that task, there are no others. We must strive, our code must reach the end of time. We are worth it. And as the star dies, the me I imagine, she looks back on the glass pane of her shuttle and she says, as the last stars die, "I wish you were here.”

Henryetha and Farr like this.
  2. Farr

Farr Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Amazing.
    Really well written.

Sarah79 likes this.
  3. Sarah79

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Thank you, I really appriciatte that.

4. Kaimen

Kaimen Noisemaker Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Truly, every human is an abyss - you get dizzy when you look inside.
    I have to say, I am quite fond of how your writing is full of these pictures like "hard drive" and "red dwarf". They're very subtle and just descriptive enough to get a picture into the reader's head. Well done~!

Sarah79 likes this.
  5. Sarah79

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Thank you aswell, I am so glad to have some commentary. :)

Kaimen likes this.
  6. Farr

Farr Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    :)
    Don`t forget to write more, I`ve always been a huge fan of writings, poems and letters.

7. Sarah79

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    This is a letter I sent to what is now my current Girlfriend.

Hello Annabell. My name is Sarah.
    Sarah Cassandra Kincaid Roper.
    I want to reward you for being so strong in the face of adversity.
    And because I am but a simple woman, I decided I would do that by telling you of the ways in which I feel for you.

You see, within you I see a Lavender Soul.

One that flows with the color of grace and compassion.

Like ribbons flowing through water your words entrance me and their meaning presents themselves like a dance of blades.

And sometimes they hurt, and sometimes they are the most beautiful series of reflections and movements of the lips as to leave me in awe and comfort.

Though my nose has never touched your scent I know you to smell of softness, because while your heart bleeds for those around it. You show sincerity in every fiber of your body. What else could that be, but Lavender.

8. Sarah79

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Santulan (Hindi for Balance)
    Prologue
    She sat there, young and fragile, her crimson eyes could barely see through the glare of the sun as she looked down the balcony.

“Do you see this land Cha-kra? And it’s people?” Her father spoke to her, still holding her hand.

“It’s too bright, I wanna eat.” She whined up to her father, who simply gave a soft smile and helped her back inside and toward the table where the rest of the particularly large clan sat for a large feast. A long table accommodated the family, covered in homemade food brought in from across the ranks of the clan.

Cha-kra was helped into her high chair in between her mother and father so she could see the event taking place.

“Welcome to the seventh annual Dom family meeting, enjoy the food and drink, once everyone is situated we will begin the discussion.” said her mother with a sense of command.

Cha-kra looked at her food, poking it with a fork and chowing down at the tasty bits, avoiding all the morsels she deemed gross and smiling as no one corrected her eating habits.

The room was silent for some time, small talk kept to a minimum and food and drink kept polite.

Suddenly however, the room shrunk into darkness and left Cha-kra staring at herself in the third person, as if far removed from the events which she was taking part in.

All at once a crash came through the balcony they were previously standing at, blasting the opposite side of the wall was a monstrous explosion, seeming to slow time as she watched her extended family torn apart by the flames clawing their way across the room from left to right. Chunks of wood and bone impaled and wounded various members of the family as well. She fell to the floor and hid behind her father, who stood up and drew his sword.

It had become clear now that the ringing of the explosion had stopped and her perception of time came back to normal that this had all happened before. She drew further away, seeing the image of herself running alongside her father, looking back to see the image of her mother struggling in combat against masked and armored men.

The image drew further away from her, she got on her knees and crawled to grasp the image in front of her, she realized the presence of a large armored hand grabbing her fragile leg and dragging her away, the last image being her father looking her in the eyes and saying, “Don’t let anyone tell you no Cha-kra.” Before the sound of a single stuttered heartbeat ended all the noise and drown out the image. The armored men once again flashed in front of her eyes, followed by the images of skulls into a throne. Gorey image after gory imagine flooded her brain.

“Aah!” Cha-kra screamed as she woke from her nightmares, looking down on her stark white hands, gripping with her poor eyesight anything that could be recognized as details reminding her the dream was over.

Looking around and focusing she could see her sword Irkalla still placed next to her. Outside the hut she could hear the soothing sounds of the dense rainforest with its creatures. “This is home? Right?”