alice_gristle

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Woow! Sweet-looking animations! I think I like the more pixellated style better, I think there's something merciful in giving more leeway to the imagination. :biggrin:

I see that a lot of your characters, at least the main ones in your first post, are pretty much identical to each other in terms of body type and pose. What do you think, would it be difficult to have more variation there? You got a much nicer selection of different body types with the less important characters (I'm guessing?).

ganges

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Woow! Sweet-looking animations! I think I like the more pixellated style better, I think there's something merciful in giving more leeway to the imagination. :biggrin:

I see that a lot of your characters, at least the main ones in your first post, are pretty much identical to each other in terms of body type and pose. What do you think, would it be difficult to have more variation there? You got a much nicer selection of different body types with the less important characters (I'm guessing?).
Thanks for the comments!

It's very difficult to give each character their own personality with small pixel art.
I need more practice.

My goal is to create a small RPG in RPGMMZ.

The image below is the first draft.
It's a low head and body.
hero_idle_4dir_200803.png

Testing the map.
!inifinis_mapTest.png

alice_gristle

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's very difficult to give each character their own personality with small pixel art.
I need more practice.
I think you're doing a stellar job, though! :biggrin: Like in that last image you posted? The guy with the yellow pants has broad shoulders and arms spread wide, with narrow-waisted coat and baggy pants. Makes 'em look strong and apish, totally different than the guy in the white t-shirt! Awesome job!

nilm

Character Art
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
I'm really enjoying the consistency of your character designs. Even with so few pixels to work with, you've really managed to give them each personality. And the full 360 degree rotation piece is excellent!

ganges

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Today seems to be Pixel art day, so I'm posting a recent my art work.

My 3 years progress
aula_2017-2020.png

My games characters
aula_long_lux_with_felmion-Sheet.png

walk animation [12f]
01_Aula_walk_down_0929.gif

taylorpayton

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Wow. I really love the overall vibes of your aesthetic. Liberistella feels like it's FF inspired, but distinct enough to be it's own wistful world. Love the pixels and concepts - they feed the imagination wonderfully.

alice_gristle

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, also, have I told you how mesmerising it is to look at that tree? I really love trees, but I feel they're hard to do well. I'm not 100% sold on your tree, it smacks maybe a bit too much of pixel porridge, but it's still somehow really mesmerising! Feels like I could just stare at it for hours... soo, maybe it really is perfect in that way. :biggrin:

That walking animation looks super smooth, too! But her legs crossing inward? That looks a bit pathological already. I know the effect you're going for, but have you tried toning it down (out?) a bit? Might look better.

ganges

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Wow. I really love the overall vibes of your aesthetic. Liberistella feels like it's FF inspired, but distinct enough to be it's own wistful world. Love the pixels and concepts - they feed the imagination wonderfully.
As you said, there are influences from Final Fantasy.
I'm very happy if that graphic conveyed the concept and sadness of the game.
Thanks for the comment!

ganges

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey, also, have I told you how mesmerising it is to look at that tree? I really love trees, but I feel they're hard to do well. I'm not 100% sold on your tree, it smacks maybe a bit too much of pixel porridge, but it's still somehow really mesmerising! Feels like I could just stare at it for hours... soo, maybe it really is perfect in that way. :biggrin:

That walking animation looks super smooth, too! But her legs crossing inward? That looks a bit pathological already. I know the effect you're going for, but have you tried toning it down (out?) a bit? Might look better.
I had no idea you liked that tree so much.
Pixel art of plants is hard to do.
I use Aseprite to draw pixel art.
I draw them like pixel porridge!
It is difficult to create a targeted shape, but it is easy to mass produce.

Animated feet are hard to do!
Because of the small pixel size, a single pixel displacement has the power to disrupt the shape.
We're working on this part of the puzzle at the moment!

Thanks for the comment!

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

fstar9688

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Nice artstyle, I Love all of your progress.. :LZSsmile:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Wow.... My last map GIF got 47 likes, 16 retweet and 2,105 views on Twitter in 24 hours. My game thread here's only got 3k views in 6-7 months. I guess building my Twitter was insanely worth it. :LZSexcite:
working hard working hard working hard >:)
Do you have an audio you want me to animate? If so send me the youtube link and I’ll animate it.
Okay, so I'm working on Draft 2 of my game's script.
Will try to keep you guys posted, if you're interested!

This is vid of my new game, Crystalgazers. A demo is available on my Gamejolt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhimsicalFae