the___blade

They/Them
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In my game, you can enter "event modes" of towns and cities, where the party splits up and you, as the MC, can interact with them for little scenes. Think Star Ocean. What I want to know if it's possible to do is to set it up so that the party formation is saved between entering the town and leaving again, so you don't have to reconfigure it every time.

I THINK I have a way of doing it, but it would be a pain and I would like to know if there's an easy way I'm just missing.

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi there!

I presume that when the party splits up, you create events to be the party members where the player will talk, right?

If it is just that, you cannot just hide the followers? Or you really need the party gone from the menu and etc?

the___blade

They/Them
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
there are 2 plugins that can do that, let me fetch them for you.

this is one: found here [Multiple Parties]
this is two: found here [PartySaver]

Let me find the other one, which might be a bit easier.

see whats works best in your case.
Would you mind explaining to me how I use the second plugin? It looks like what I'm looking for, but I am still a noob and need to have it explained like I'm 5. :kaocry:

the___blade

They/Them
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi there!

I presume that when the party splits up, you create events to be the party members where the player will talk, right?

If it is just that, you cannot just hide the followers? Or you really need the party gone from the menu and etc?
My reasons for doing it this way is a bit complicated and hard to explain. Basically, in normal gameplay, you can have any 4 of the 8 playable characters in the front of the party, not necessarily using the main character. Hiding the other party members would still have the non-MC in the front of the party, and can be changed. Does that make sense?

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
My reasons for doing it this way is a bit complicated and hard to explain. Basically, in normal gameplay, you can have any 4 of the 8 playable characters in the front of the party, not necessarily using the main character. Hiding the other party members would still have the non-MC in the front of the party, and can be changed. Does that make sense?
Not sure if I understand... what is "MC" ?
So do you mean that all the actors at the party will be removed? Will left no one?
Or it will always have at least one in your system?

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
While you certainly could use either of the plugins mentioned above, it's still pretty easy to do this in an event.

Right in Control Variable, under Gamedata, is the Actor ID of each Party Member.

So you just set four variables to have the IDs of the four party members, then remove them and put your main character in.

Then on the way out you take out the main character and use conditionals on those four variables to add the correct party members back in.

Using one of the plugins would perhaps be a bit sleeker, but if you're having a hard time reading the instructions, the above method should work just fine.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the 2nd plugin can save the party on different variables.
you could use a choice list first, who you want, and save that party
to a variable, and the other as well.

using the variable to, gives you the same formation as well as
manually it does not.

I didn't really tested the plugin work, as I use a single actor, so
it will be useless to me.

the helpfile explain how it work, but I also make a new clean project,
put in the plugin and see how it works, before I use it in the main project.

this way, your main project stays intact, or make a backup before placing
in your main in case something goes wrong.

oooNUKEooo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
br portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
no sense at all...

lets review this: you have a total of 8 actors in your game. then you have a active party of 4 actors.

you want to enter a room, for example, where all the 8 actors are there, minding their business maybe, and the party leader walks around talking to them, right?

or maybe you want to, as soon as you enter the said area, the 8 actors are there, minding your business and the main character, that may not be the party leader this time, becomes the party leader and walks around talking to the other party members?

or maybe something else?

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Game Making Every Day #21 :kaosalute:

I finished Stray this morning :(
yo i made a post but it hasnt really gotten any answers so uhhhh
Finished switching to a new PC. Now I could potentially start working at projects or plugins again if I feel the motivation to do so.
If you don't read the news, you are uninformed. If you read the news, you are misinformed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SLIVATheTurtle