Save based attack in RPGMAKER MV

void_of_the_mind

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Hello all, I am currently working on a game that supports the Yanfly Save Core (http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Save_Core_(YEP)) and I was wondering if anyone might have any ideas on how to code this concept:

I want to make an enemy that uses an attack that deals damage that increases every time you save the game. I want the save counter since that has other implements I want to utilize. Specifically, it only effects a single play-through, it does not add up the saves of different play-throughs.
I'm not sure if its simple and I'm just being absentminded but I would very much appreciate feedback as to whether I can accomplish this. Thanks in advance!

Ossra

Formerly Exhydra
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@void_of_the_mind You should be able to use '$gameSystem._saveCount' to determine how many times the player has saved on a specific save file.

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Game Mechanics Design is for looking at aspects of game play at a more conceptual level. "How do I...?" (implementation) questions belong in the Support forum for the engine you are using.

I've moved this thread to RPG Maker MV. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

void_of_the_mind

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Game Mechanics Design is for looking at aspects of game play at a more conceptual level. "How do I...?" (implementation) questions belong in the Support forum for the engine you are using.
[MOVE]RPG Maker MV[/MOVE]
... it is conceptual bud. I was asking for opinions and help on how to manipulate the games *mechanics*, so it made sense to put it here. I swear if I had put it in that forum I'd be nagged to put it somewhere else all the same >_>
At any rate,
@void_of_the_mind You should be able to use '$gameSystem._saveCount' to determine how many times the player has saved on a specific save file.
answered it just fine. Thank you!

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
But as the answer which appears to have resolved your issue (Osra "answered it just fine") is an implementation suggestion, it has been moved to the correct place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

What can I sing for my sisters birthday...?

>.<'
Well, I'll have you know that I'm still around, looking for opportunity to resurface with some stuffs.
I like to think of Profile Posts as tiny homes, full of all kinds of unsuspecting suckers "future" friends.... Many of which are of course only going to be excited when a strange man in black suddenly shows up to say hi. :LZSexcite:
Stream will be live shortly with some more Haunting Ground! Today, we encounter a new stalker! Feel free to drop by!
Tried the new Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus today. Very nice device overall, but flagship smartphone prices are getting completely out of control.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ianhendrawan