Save based attack in RPGMAKER MV

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Hello all, I am currently working on a game that supports the Yanfly Save Core (http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Save_Core_(YEP)) and I was wondering if anyone might have any ideas on how to code this concept:

I want to make an enemy that uses an attack that deals damage that increases every time you save the game. I want the save counter since that has other implements I want to utilize. Specifically, it only effects a single play-through, it does not add up the saves of different play-throughs.
I'm not sure if its simple and I'm just being absentminded but I would very much appreciate feedback as to whether I can accomplish this. Thanks in advance!

Ossra

Formerly Exhydra
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@void_of_the_mind You should be able to use '$gameSystem._saveCount' to determine how many times the player has saved on a specific save file.

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Game Mechanics Design is for looking at aspects of game play at a more conceptual level. "How do I...?" (implementation) questions belong in the Support forum for the engine you are using.

I've moved this thread to RPG Maker MV. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Game Mechanics Design is for looking at aspects of game play at a more conceptual level. "How do I...?" (implementation) questions belong in the Support forum for the engine you are using.
[MOVE]RPG Maker MV[/MOVE]
... it is conceptual bud. I was asking for opinions and help on how to manipulate the games *mechanics*, so it made sense to put it here. I swear if I had put it in that forum I'd be nagged to put it somewhere else all the same >_>
At any rate,
@void_of_the_mind You should be able to use '$gameSystem._saveCount' to determine how many times the player has saved on a specific save file.
answered it just fine. Thank you!

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
But as the answer which appears to have resolved your issue (Osra "answered it just fine") is an implementation suggestion, it has been moved to the correct place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly with some Witcher 3 followed by Haunting Ground! Feel free to drop by!
I have at least three ongoing projects and I have no idea what to do with them.

Gotta love game dev.
I keep seeing the 'file tear' icon when I'm on some post that has images. I'm not sure if it's just me or it's the post, based on the replies I see.
Me: anime is okay. There are a couple good ones and a lot of really bad ones but the good are worth it. Brother: if you bring anime anywhere near me I'll break your nico nico kneecaps
Wasting so much time trying to get a sprite behavior to work. I feel like banging my head against a wall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinion