SoundsByDane

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's hard to explain the question that I have so instead I am going to explain what happens in the game then try to ask my question from there.

So in my game, you're in an abandoned psychiatric hospital. In the main room (pretty much the whole first floor) there's a song that plays (Autoplay BGM), but before that, there's a song that plays when you have your whole party with you (pretty much the intro for the game). As you enter the next room, the music changes, the music changes again when you enter the room after that and so on. Then when you complete a task, the first floor music plays again. There's also a song that plays when you get chased by the enemy. Through out the game you solve puzzles then the enemy appears with the chase music. There's two floors that has two different BGM.

Now how do have the game remember to continue playing a BGM from an event then when that event is over, play back the BGM from Autoplay?

Hopefully I worded that okay, if not let me know :)

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There is a Save BGM and a Replay BGM command.

SoundsByDane

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There is a Save BGM and a Replay BGM command.
There's an issue that I have when replaying the BGM. When I go to one room and play a BGM, I want that that BGM to continue if the player goes to the previous room which has the Replay BGM event command. But if they return to that previous room, the song resets. I want it to continue playing.

The previous room is the room that has an autoplay bgm that I don't want to play yet until the intro is over.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You need to remove the autoplay BGM from the map settings, and put an event in that room that determines whether the BGM should change or not.

Reinarc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I've learned from these forums that if you expect the map music to change from it's default, it's usually best (as Shaz said) to have the BGM controlled by an event. I use a parallel process. I have one switch that I use to control this (you could have more than one if needed).

test.png

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Surprising nobody, it turns out "next Friday" for the next Jump into Javascript has become "possibly Sunday if you're lucky" XD
Folks, if anyone sends you a message inviting you to add their API to your game, please report them. We don't want people spamming our members asking them to add stuff to their games for their own (or others') benefit. We've updated the forum rules to confirm this.
I'm listening to iiluminaughtii talking about the secrets behind shady businesses and scams. Meanwhile I'm writing a fanfic about Sephiroth from FF7, one specifically for my stepmom. I'll get to give it to her, too, because my boss said I could take the holidays off! Dec. 22-27 I will be in Orlando, and maybe Fort Myers too, visiting my dad and stepmom!
Of course, I bought a handful of games on the Steam Black Friday sale. Will I try them? Will I complete any? Who knows...
I don't really have any neat updates today about how I screwed up programming... But if you want to observe the intensenes of me programming, then you can check out my stream :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WakeNBake