Save error while parallel processes running ..

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by RHachicho, Jan 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. RHachicho

RHachicho Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hi there .. I'm asking to see if someone has found a solution to a problem that has been a thorn in my side for a while now. Namely that there appears to be a bug that causes the in-game save function to fail and throw up an error sound if there are parallel processes running anywhere on the map. There are a few maps where I have used animations to breathe a bit of life into the scenery. But so far all attempts to make saving possible on them .. have failed .. 

I am not sure whether it's the parallel process itself or the fact that an animation is playing that causes the error .. 

Honestly after several rpgmaker patches I am really not sure why this bug isn't fixed .. But I'm assuming there is SOME sort of workaround ..

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2017
  2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Please search the forum - there have been topics about this before, and if I remember correctly there is a simple workaround because the problem is caused by something in the event structure, not in the engine itself. But I never checked the details.

3. RHachicho

RHachicho Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I've done some testing .. It seems the bug only occurs if a parallel process plays an animation on it's own event. Which still sucks for me .. Because it means that I have to scrap hours of work getting this particular system to work properly and redo it from the ground up. This seems like a bug to me I can't think of any reason why it should be ok with playing an animation on another event but bug out when it plays an animation on it's own .. 

Also I did search the forums .. there's plenty of people with the problem .. no solutions ..

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2017
  4. JJ Sonick

JJ Sonick Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hime has a detailed explanation on her blog of why the problem exists.  In it she mentions a "Orange Circular JSON" plugin Hudell made that fixes the issue - unfortunately the link given for the plugin in the article no longer works.  But Hudell's Circular JSON plugin is still available on github:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Hudell/mv-plugins/master/OrangeCircularJson.js

It fixed the issue for me, on a test map I just made with a single parallel process running an animation on itself.  The parallel process blocked the ability to save, until I activated the plugin.

Edit: And just visiting the plugins forum, I see Fogomax has made an alternate plugin fix for the issue, but it didn't work for me on the same test map where Hudell's fix did work.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2017
    The Stranger likes this.