Zardev

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello Y'all !

I am looking for a way to access and write on a save file located on a server for web RMMV game.

I use this save file to uptade a top score board so it can't be located in the local storage of a browser but rather on the server on wich the game is hosted.

I am not very proficient in JS and A am a little lost. I use CAE_ScoreTable plugin to save and uptade the score, it works well exept when I want to save score from different players across the web.

Thanks !

Zardev

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Hello welcome.
This will vary from your server, if it's a NODE.js server it's one method, if it's a PHP server it's another, etc.

Good luck!

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
The big problem is security, as the player will be able to open the JS files of their game they will be able to see how the record recording method is.
So anyone can change the score not only for themselves, but for other players.

You can use authentication methods that record points and achievements on systems focused on this purpose, such as Google Games or GameJolt. The problem is that there are hardly any programmers interested in adapting these APIs to Rpg Maker.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Thank you.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Where would you go if you're looking to hire someone on here? I'm in need of a writer to take my story concept and turn it into npcs/dialog in my game.
Evening humans! How goes the game make?
The anime characters we saw 20 years ago,
still have the same age when we see them now.
Somehow it's strange but also beautiful.
It's like no matter how much we change,
there's certain part of ourselves we can reconnect to when we see them again.
Took a long, long time, way longer than it should to be honest...but I've finally finished the big content update to my demo!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gl7