zotezha

Goodwill Ambassador
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bahasa
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
First, my first language is not English, and I will describe this with my poor English, I hope you guys understand what I mean.

I want to ask : If Im published a Game with RMMZ engine for pc and android, then the player already finished my game.
After that I update the game and released a new feature to the game such a new map, new feature on the main menu, new weapon, monster, etc. then player want to continue with their saved game files, will it match to updated game or not? or even will causing a crash?

I hope someone can answer this, thankyou :)

dragoonwys

Freelance Illustrator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It depends. You can add new maps and add items usually without a problem.
But you cannot add new plug-ins that adds new stuff to the game. Those will break and crash the game because the program will be looking for code that don't exist in your save game.

You might need to be careful if you put new things on a old map too. Because the player might have saved their file while standing on an empty spot that now has something in it and causing them to get permanently stuck there in the updated game.

zotezha

Goodwill Ambassador
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bahasa
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It depends. You can add new maps and add items usually without a problem.
But you cannot add new plug-ins that adds new stuff to the game. Those will break and crash the game because the program will be looking for code that don't exist in your save game.

You might need to be careful if you put new things on a old map too. Because the player might have saved their file while standing on an empty spot that now has something in it and causing them to get permanently stuck there in the updated game.

how if I activate all plugin that I have for the first game release (like all 1-8wave visumz, and make a new item like with plugin command or variable in the future update?

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Watched a video of a kid in China leaning against a giant ceramic teletuby statue (valued at nearly $4000 apparently) in a toy store and everyone arguing whether it's the parents or the store's fault. I'm just sitting up wondering why anyone would make a giant ceramic toddler toy in the first place other than to deliberately cause exactly that from happening in the first place though.
Plans for vacation? Maybe I'll go visit
Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakitanatahu
I_got_lonely.jpg
So I was working with the save system (yes I'm going to at least use RM's save system, I'm not a total monster)... And I realized I was lonely so I brought along some friends to test stuff out. :LZSexcite:
1653529725808.png
>Wake up in the night
>Can't sleep
>Draw little freak
>Come up with pancake based puns for attacks
>Back to bed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noithatken