Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It may be silly question, because for single event that initiaties battle I can call this script:
JavaScript:
var slot = 10;

if (!$gameParty.inBattle()){
    if (DataManager.lastAccessedSavefileId() !== 0){
        $gameSystem.onBeforeSave();
        DataManager.saveGame(slot);
    }
}
and there is no problem... But... Battles in my project are quite difficult and there are lot of events with battles (really lot), so putting this code in each event may be... frustrating. So I thought about common event and by using SumrndDude Common Event Battle Start plugin
run that Saving common event before battle starts, but it turns out this causes some issues, game freezes. So my question is do you know an efficient method to achieve following:

#1 Player touches event with BOSS fight
#2 Common event saves game
#3 There is some delay (hmm... maybe 45 frames)
#4 Battle starts.

But I've just realized something, when player loads that save file, points #3 and #4 will execute after game is loaded.
Let me rephrase question, how to save game before battle starts, but after load player will have choice whetter to start battle or not.

(I've checked BattleManager, but I didn't find specific method to place $gameTemp.reserveCommonEvent(id), I was searching something BattleManager.onBeforeStartBattle())... thank you in advance.

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Does anyone know of NPC sprites for RMMZ? I know of Flirion's RMMV recolours, but RMMZ's sprites are slimmer and more detailed, so I'm a bit on the edge to use Flirion's im RMMZ...
I can't believe that after all those years, KH Union X Dark Road is closing the services.

Due to a situation in which I thought plugin adaptations had stopped for the QPlugins, I "ghetto" converted these 7 over yesterday. They appear to work perfectly as long as you use old style plugin commands. I am uncertain if I will have a lot of free time in the future to work on this, but if you'd like them, here they are.
Was there a thread that you could share a screenshot of your game? I feel like I found it once but can't locate it again.

I was being lazy and just copied a map to test a new parallax, but I forgot to delete all the events. This was the result. :o

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acoolusername