ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you need to provide some more details on what went wrong.
What code did you use? Is this a custom plugin? do you need scriptcall?
you need to give more details before we can provide any good solutions to you.

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Just to add: one way this can happen is if you've added (by script call or plugin) anything to a saved object that does not stringify nicely, e.g. a bitmap, an object with circular references, etc.

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
From the amount of info you have provided I can derive these things.

1. You've done something badly.
2. This something seems related to your custom code, since this code is not in the core engine.
3. You may have cleared the log before saving.
4. You have a sub 1.5.2 version of MV. In case point 3 is false, it's possibly even under 1.4.0. It's not pirated, is it? :D

If you want us to be more helpful, we need more info than that.

Indsh

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Its not Pirated you Joker. It's 1.5.1...how you "derive" those kind of conclusions is very far from helpful.

Outside of that...

This error and console.log was from the core engine.

This is not custom code this is a problem resulting from a normal save.

No plugins dierctly aimed at saving features are being used, i exsperimented with them to see if I could isolate the issue but it doesn't, i thought it might be about the location of the folder.

New Game Projects have no saving issues.

I posted in the JavaScript thread as I want to find the problem at the code level

@ShadowDragon
@caethyril

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
those kind of conclusions is very far from helpful.
The purpose of that wasn't meant to be helpful. It was to list all I could read from the image, whether it was relevant or not.

Anyway...

This error and console.log was from the core engine
Yes, but it does not occur in VANILLA core engine.
That means you MUST have made changes to it, especially since, as you admit, in vanilla MV saving works fine.
And if I don't know how you achieved that error (saying you save really does not help a tiny bit as you have tampered with the core engine), how in the world am I supposed to know what's going on?

Indsh

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Poryg obviously it wasn't to be helpful, and the idea you could see that it was pirated from the image is a Joke and goes in that not relevant pileypu were talking about.

I only edited the core engine to try and find the problem so let me be clear...THE WAY THIS ERROR WAS GENERATED IS BY CREATING AN EVENT THAT ALLOWS THE CHARACTER TO SAVE...PLAYTESTING...TRYING TO SAVE...IT NOT SAVING AND PLAYING THE 'CANCEL' SOUND EFFECT...ME OPENING UP THE DEBUG MENU...THE DEBUGGER HAVING THE ERROR I HAVE POSTED IN THE IMAGE.

It may have something to do with another plugin but like i said I don't have any plugins relating to saving active.

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
When you say "core engine", do you mean "no plugins active" or "Yanfly's Core Engine plugin"? :kaoswt:

Did you rename the project folder at some point? Maybe try renaming it to, say, "KachinaLegacy0-9-f" to avoid special characters like spaces. :kaophew:

Does the error appear if you temporarily turn off all your plugins, save your project, playtest, new game, then attempt to save?
  • If that fixes it, it's a plugin issue, so it'd help to have a screenshot of your Plugin Manager. :)
  • If the error still occurs with all plugins turned off, it's a problem with your game's basic script/code files. Check the first couple of lines in your project's rpg_core.js file, it'll look something like this:
    Code:
    //=============================================================================
    // rpg_core.js v1.5.1
    //=============================================================================
    Even if you haven't manually edited it, it's possible the file's got corrupted somehow; you can try updating your project files to match your editor version. Instructions can be found in this announcement (same procedure for all versions): https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/rpg-maker-mv-v1-6-1-stable-release.96715/

Indsh

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@caethyril lots for me to try here, multiple name changes so im hoping that solves the issue.

Will work through your list, appreciate the help!

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yea, it seems HTML stuff is very sensitive regarding special characters in file paths, hopefully it's a simple fix~! :)

Indsh

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Glad you found it. But here you at least see that it's really important to share important details.
In mv you generally want to share plugin list, engine version and how to reproduce the bug. Because you never know how a plugin can influence others. And nobody is going to guess what the problem is. For example the tampered engine means there might be more edits and as such the cause could be literally anything, even
Code:
throw new Error

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Oh neat, I hadn't seen that plugin before! :kaojoy:

It's a bit beyond me, but I think bitmaps have to be converted into a "data URI" (basically a string representing the bitmap data), before they can be included in a save file. Alternatively, it should be possible to edit the plugin so it stores the sketch bitmaps on some object other than $gameSystem, maybe $gameTemp? That way the sketches won't get saved, but they won't break the save function either. :kaophew:

Astfgl66

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Yeah bitmaps can't be saved as they are.
Learned that the hard way for my animated busts plugin and had the exact same error you described.

Indsh

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Astfgl66 did you manage to solve the issue?

If you did how many aspects did you have to alter in your code, or was there one line/function that you placed in a key position?

Astfgl66

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Nope, nothing could be done.
I had to rewrite my plugin in such a way I didn't need to save bitmaps. It was painful.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I'm starting the "Switches lesson" on Learn MV today, what would you like to learn about them?
I managed to review my previous lessons on Learn MV and fixed a lot of things. Yay! :kaopride:
I've decided "Attack on Equestria" should be released first... hence this new ARG channel! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClKiUI8xOVx9dsF4kRXUmxw
Check it out, and subscribe! The ARG will lead up to the video game. It's not a creepy game, but I just thought it should follow ARG standards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helioktt