Save Locations for Web Build

NovusPeregrine

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
Simple question (hopefully). I'm well aware that packages created for Windows (and I think Mac/Linux as well) hold their saved games in the main folder of a build package. What I can't figure out (or seem to find an answer for in the documentation) is where saves are written to if you are releasing for Web. I checked the usual culprit (being buried somewhere in the hidden AppData folder, as happens with other VN Engines) without turning up anything. Does anyone know where the saves go, when using either a local or hosted version of a Web Browser deployment?

Kentou

Admin
Admin
Reaction score
Hi, for Web Export the Browser-Storage is used which is bound to the domain/web-address I think. If you want to delete it you could either use a Script or try to look into the AppData of your browser but it might be very cryptic since each Browser handles it in an own custom way I think.

Maybe google for it how your browser is storing the HTML5 Storage on disk.

NovusPeregrine

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
Hi, for Web Export the Browser-Storage is used which is bound to the domain/web-address I think. If you want to delete it you could either use a Script or try to look into the AppData of your browser but it might be very cryptic since each Browser handles it in an own custom way I think.

Maybe google for it how your browser is storing the HTML5 Storage on disk.
...Well, that's unfortunate. I'm actually trying to help a user of mine send their save file in so I can figure out a bug. This seems to be...a less than helpful way to store saves, if I'm being honest here. In fact, it seems like an outright terrible way to store saves...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

When you're lost out therrrrre and you're alllll alone, ahwahwah waitin, to carry you hooooommmme, uhhheverywhere you look! (someone hit me with those backing vocals)
X.X cant focus... too many thing want do... help!
Day 2 of teaching MV, student can move cat across the map.
Got inspired and started writing a simple tower defence battle system last night :o
Good news! I have located an amazing 3D website called SketchFab that has rotatable renderings of famous statues!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwr