Save Out Character/Player for Next Game?

MonkeyFrog

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello!

I am very new to RPG Maker MV (and RPG Maker in general), but not new to creating content for games. I've gone through the initial tutorials and have sort of fallen in love with RPG Maker MV! It's been a long time since I felt like I was having more fun than anything else while "working". Thanks for creating a great tool! I look forward to creating a few games with this.

So, I have a question - is there a way to save out a player character, including their stats and items, to be imported into another game?

Let me clarify. I plan to create a few games using RPG Maker MV. Each new game will be a sort of progression from the previous one. I would like players to be able to explore the first game, be rewarded with increased levels, new items, gold, etc., and then be able to export out the player (or party) so they can continue their adventure in a different game.

Picture this somewhat like playing Dungeons & Dragons where you complete a campaign and then move on to the next one, bringing your characters forward into each new campaign.

So, is there a way to do this currently?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :)

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

I've moved it here as I do not believe this could be done without a plugin. If I am wrong, I will move it back.

lordosthyvel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Without plugins: Have a shared map, prompt player to save game at map, move save file to the new project folder.

With plugins: Yes, can be done, but what you want to save will be game specific.
Make the 1st game then send me a PM and I will make you this plugin if you want :)

MonkeyFrog

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks. See you in about a year, then. ;)

Actually, I had thought about the first one as a possible solution and have a few ideas on how that just might work. Even so, having a plugin would make it better/easier. Who knows? By the time I get close to completing the first game, I might be able to do it myself. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

So looks like the last Star Wars movie sucked. We feared George would kill his own legacy after Episode 1. But look like he handed off to others to put it out of its misery. Does that count as assisted suicide?
Brother made thumbnails for my Lets Plays. He's a swood dude.
Since I'm getting so busy (the fact that I'm often here is due to the fact that this is my procrastination #1 destination), I'm trying a new system where everyday I dedicate 30 minutes to my personal game project. That way it won't fall into the abyss.
In today's seminar:
Presenter: In the past, there was a saying, "One who has tuberculosis is doomed for life." But now-
Everyone: *starts coughing in unision*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marsa16