NahiroN

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So I'm trying to make a save point that asks if you want to save then when selecting yes, opens save menu then asks if the player would like to quit. Right now if you quit and load back in, it loads back into the question if you'd like to quit. i had this worked out once but lost the event and game when my pc crashed.

Animebryan

Need more resources!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Why would you need this when there's a default option to quit the game in the main menu?

Nolonar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French, German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I answered something similar over there: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...-restarting-oneshot-style.140902/post-1218552

Basically, you need a temporary variable that doesn't get saved. Then, if the variable exists, you ask the player if they want to quit. If the variable doesn't exist, then they've just loaded the save and obviously don't want to quit again.

So just before you save, you need to call the following script:
JavaScript:
$gameTemp.doShutdown = true;
This must happen before the player saves.

After the game is saved, you need a Conditional Branch that checks if the variable exists, using following script:
JavaScript:
$gameTemp.doShutdown
If the condition is met, ask the player if they want to quit.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I also question if you actually want this. When I'm playing a game, the number of times I save is very large compared to the number of times I stop playing.

If I'm playing an old game that asks me if I want to quit every time I save, I find it very annoying as a player. It's really simple to hit Escape and quit, or just press Alt+F4, I don't need extra keystrokes every save point.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

aww man, color hex code #C4C4C4 doesn't work for the tint value in this scene I need something darker, which stinks just because I liked that one it was my favorite plastic explosive three times...#696969 (nice) should work better (WHY IS MY BRAIN LIKE THIS)
Tell it to me straight, doc. If I've been trying to piece together a "shorter" game to learn stuff outside of game jams... am I just running away from my WIP? :v
Well, I've got a party tomorrow, and my friends are coming over. I wanted to work a bit on the Fandom Scouts assets so I can be ready when that update arrives... in other news, Pizza Time Horror is getting a second teaser, and it shows Cabaret Helen's last performance before the location closed.
Also who used to be scared of Chuck E as a kid? I was! Now I love him!
The new cards and what they do:

(I am clearly not a youtuber... Haha)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BRCMuller