ovate

tale
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
YKNR_SaveThumbnail - 2020/05/28 (ver.1.1.1)

Creator name: Yakinori

Overview
Adds a thumbnail image to save file and displays for each slot.
Thumbnail is based on the map screen

Attention: This plugin doesn't work if MV version is less than 1.6.1.

Features
-Adds a function to save current map image as thumbnail to save data for save/load screen.
-Thumbnail is performed automatically when the menu screen is opened.

Note: if you use Non-Combat Menu plugin, your thumbnail won't show.

Preview
h2wNB4Q.jpg

Credit and Thanks:
Yakinori

Terms of Use- Free for commercial and non-commercial use.

License - MIT License: http://opensource.org/licenses/mit-license.php

You can download js file from the thread attachment or Dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xbb7selvi04e0e3/YKNR_SaveThumbnail.js?dl=1

Changelog-

2020/05/28 (ver. 1.1.1) - Fixed deployment bug for image encryption
2019/12/** (ver.1.1.0)

Attachments

• YKNR_SaveThumbnail.js
    33.8 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Johnboy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This could be very handy, Thanks for sharing.

ct_bolt

Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Javascript
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Won't use this personally but cool idea!
Nice work on this. :):thumbsup-right:

Raggon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hey nice mod. Any chance you can make this compatible with YEP Save Core?

ovate

tale
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
2020/05/28 (ver. 1.1.1) - Yakinori fixed deployment bug for image encryption
I'm not plugin creator, I share plugins here on RMW

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hey nice mod. Any chance you can make this compatible with YEP Save Core?
For anyone who wanders across this and is wondering, this is compatable with YEP Save Core, you simply have to make sure you run it *after* YEP Save Core, and then set the OtherWindowClass to Window_SaveInfo

Currently I've run into issues where the addon causes pretty noticeable lag upon opening the save/menu menu, but that might just be my implementation. Otherwise fantastic addon.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not in love with this addon due to the fact that the more saves you have/higher the resolution of your thumbnails, the longer it takes to open your save/load screen. This seems to be due to the fact that it saves all the images inside of your global.rpgsave instead of in external files.

However version 1.2 is available from his website here, and it's supposed to reduce load times.

We'll see how it actually works out.

Edit: It actually works great. I was working on making a replacement for this addon, but with how well this work, there's no need. I recommend setting quality to 80. Drastically smaller file size with minimal image quality loss.

Last edited:

SirensDomain

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For anyone who wanders across this and is wondering, this is compatable with YEP Save Core, you simply have to make sure you run it *after* YEP Save Core, and then set the OtherWindowClass to Window_SaveInfo

Currently I've run into issues where the addon causes pretty noticeable lag upon opening the save/menu menu, but that might just be my implementation. Otherwise fantastic addon.

By 'set OtherWindowClass to Window_SaveInfo' are you talking about line 267 of the YKNR plugin itself or somewhere else? Been fiddling around with this a bit and can't seem to get it to work at all.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
By 'set OtherWindowClass to Window_SaveInfo' are you talking about line 267 of the YKNR plugin itself or somewhere else? Been fiddling around with this a bit and can't seem to get it to work at all.
If you're asking about inside of the plugin's code, then no. I'm talking about in the plugin's options once you've installed it into your game.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

About the Deer, I had to cut some piece of video due the *swearing* Youtube copyrights issues...
A caveman pokes his head in...
I was listening to songs by Chuck E Cheese's voice actor (Jaret Reddick from Bowling for Soup) when the meds I was taking for my stomach virus apparently stopped working. I can't take my next dose until morning, but it's no use anyway. I'm officially sick again. Of course, I'll definitely take the next dose either way, but it's useless now.
New profile picture! This time, it's representative of my current project.
I suddenly feel like making a game for little kids: a pointless sandbox of cute animals, silly collectibles, and random mini games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Malonestar