NeoShima

ShimaProd.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have made a Single Executable of my game with Enigma Virtual Box and now the "save" feature just doesn't work in my game. I'm close to release, pls, help me! How can I fix this?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Where is it installed? Where is it saving to?

NeoShima

ShimaProd.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Where is it installed? Where is it saving to?
I'm using Yanfly's Save Core. So I guess it saves in www/save. I have a Single Executable. It contains all the files inside it.
About where it is installed, I have a game installer and user can choose where you want to install a game.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Where do YOU have it installed?

If you install it to Program Files or any other Windows-owned folder, you won't have permission to write, so saves will not work.

NeoShima

ShimaProd.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV

If you install it to Program Files or any other Windows-owned folder, you won't have permission to write, so saves will not work.
Ohhhh, that's what are you talking about! Yeah, I installed it in C://ProgramFiles(x86)

NeoShima

ShimaProd.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Right now, I have installed my game on this path: "C:/ShimaProd(This is my organization name)" and when I enter the game I still can't save! What I did wrong?

Hyouryuu-Na

Very very lazy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Make an empty www folder in the SAME directory as the .exe and then inside that www folder, make an empty folder named save. Now it should work.

NeoShima

ShimaProd.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Make an empty www folder in the SAME directory as the .exe and then inside that www folder, make an empty folder named save. Now it should work.
Thanks. It works, but now I don't know how to install these 2 folders with the installer. Which tool you can advise for creating an installer?

Hyouryuu-Na

Very very lazy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I only 'released' one game XD For the no travel game jam. Didn't use an installer, just made a zip file of them all. But yes, an installer feels more professional :)
I searched a little. This looks like something normal non-coder people can do:

NeoShima

ShimaProd.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I only 'released' one game XD For the no travel game jam. Didn't use an installer, just made a zip file of them all. But yes, an installer feels more professional :)
I searched a little. This looks like something normal non-coder people can do:
Okey. Thanks a lot. You just saved my day! Have a nice day : )

Hyouryuu-Na

Very very lazy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Glad I could help ^^

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Another unscheduled stream for Lightestone~ this time because we hit affiliate! Aaaahh- So other than the game we're also going to work on emotes/badges/etc!

www.twitch.tv/riazey
Is it necroposting if I ask for more info in my own months old thread? All the information in the thread is relevant
JRPG TextBox HTML - Part 2:
So I'm resuming work on the Shadowstar Trilogy. I've decided that it will take place between the end of G4 and the start of G5, and two of the Lost Rulers will be Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer (who is the moon princess in my AU).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lark_Larkington