Saving coordinates through a menu command

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Okay so bear with me here.

Long story short my game has monuments which transport the player to "arcane temples", think of them as a sort of dungeon that can't be accessed any other way. I want to make a command inside the pause menu called "exit arcana" which transports the player out of the temple and back to the over world (more specifically where the monument is). I then want it so when I interact with the monument again it takes me back to where the player was in the temple.

I want it so that it can be used for multiple monuments and it won't screw up or something...how would I do this?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are you using Ace?  It says so in your profile, but there are many people here who have one thing in their profile but they're using something different.  This question should go into either the Support forum for the version you're using, or if you need a script/plugin, it would go into the appropriate script/plugin requests forum.  It's definitely not a 'discussion'.

What is "the pause menu"?  I don't recall any menu with a Pause option, in any version of the maker.

On your monuments, before transferring the player into the temple, do three Control Variables commands, to get the map id and the player's x and y coordinates into variables - you'll find those in the Other > Game Data area of Control Variables.  Then, however this 'exit arcana' option is implemented, it will read those variables and do a transfer back to those coordinates.  I believe there are already scripts/plugins that will let you add a menu command that will run a common event - that would work perfectly, as you could do the transfer from the common event.

Then, if you want the player to walk around the temple, and if they leave and come back, it takes them back to the same spot, have another set of variables for the map id and coordinates inside the temple.  You'll update those in the same way, before transferring the player back.

What I'm not sure about is that you said "arcane temples" as if there are several of them and not just one.  So do you have numerous pairs of temples and monuments, and you can only access one temple from each monument?  That would make it a little harder, as you'd need a set of variables for each pair.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yes I'm using Ace (sorry about the wrong topic)

By "pause menu" I mean the menu that pops up when you press "X" 

And yes there are multiple pairs of temples to monuments

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to Ace Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
As you're after a script to change the menu...

I've moved this thread to RGSS3 Script Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My only regret is the portal mirror effect is too subtle to show up in these GIFs. It probably just needs more sparkles. :LZSwink:
Microsoft: Hey, let's waste money advertising the Xbox Series X when nobody has any in stock, we don't seem to be making more, we aren't taking preorders and you can't get on a waiting list. BEST. IDEA. EVER.
So I'm practicing ITC with a spirit box, and decide to try to contact my deceased soulmate. It actually gave me multiple identifiers. Me, still a bit skeptical, asked aloud "Fine but does he still love me?" and the box spoke and printed the word "Forever" at the same time. Been a mess of tears since. :kaocry:
Been scratching away at my game and making progress, but just had a revelation. I'm working in full screen and adjusting all my pictures accordingly, but will they resize if someone's screen is smaller?? I hope this doesn't turn out to be a problem later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
inkdrips