Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Okay so bear with me here.

Long story short my game has monuments which transport the player to "arcane temples", think of them as a sort of dungeon that can't be accessed any other way. I want to make a command inside the pause menu called "exit arcana" which transports the player out of the temple and back to the over world (more specifically where the monument is). I then want it so when I interact with the monument again it takes me back to where the player was in the temple.

I want it so that it can be used for multiple monuments and it won't screw up or something...how would I do this?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are you using Ace?  It says so in your profile, but there are many people here who have one thing in their profile but they're using something different.  This question should go into either the Support forum for the version you're using, or if you need a script/plugin, it would go into the appropriate script/plugin requests forum.  It's definitely not a 'discussion'.

What is "the pause menu"?  I don't recall any menu with a Pause option, in any version of the maker.

On your monuments, before transferring the player into the temple, do three Control Variables commands, to get the map id and the player's x and y coordinates into variables - you'll find those in the Other > Game Data area of Control Variables.  Then, however this 'exit arcana' option is implemented, it will read those variables and do a transfer back to those coordinates.  I believe there are already scripts/plugins that will let you add a menu command that will run a common event - that would work perfectly, as you could do the transfer from the common event.

Then, if you want the player to walk around the temple, and if they leave and come back, it takes them back to the same spot, have another set of variables for the map id and coordinates inside the temple.  You'll update those in the same way, before transferring the player back.

What I'm not sure about is that you said "arcane temples" as if there are several of them and not just one.  So do you have numerous pairs of temples and monuments, and you can only access one temple from each monument?  That would make it a little harder, as you'd need a set of variables for each pair.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yes I'm using Ace (sorry about the wrong topic)

By "pause menu" I mean the menu that pops up when you press "X" 

And yes there are multiple pairs of temples to monuments

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to Ace Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
As you're after a script to change the menu...

I've moved this thread to RGSS3 Script Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

since all my maps are hand drawn... I admit, I super envy those who can make the tileset's work. I'm garbage at mapping, but slightly less bad at just drawing my own areas. plus it's easier to draw my own sprites than edit others to look like my characters.
Guys, I made a trailer! And, I also launched the Steam page! If you would like to support the game, please Wishlist it :ahappy: ->
working on some tilesets _ノ乙(、ン、)_

CIBl8xT.png

Oq8WKHX.png
aww man, color hex code #C4C4C4 doesn't work for the tint value in this scene I need something darker, which stinks just because I liked that one it was my favorite plastic explosive three times...#696969 (nice) should work better (WHY IS MY BRAIN LIKE THIS)
Tell it to me straight, doc. If I've been trying to piece together a "shorter" game to learn stuff outside of game jams... am I just running away from my WIP? :v

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kip_