Saving Issue - undefined is not a function

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by jaret742, Jan 10, 2019.

1. jaret742

jaret742 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Whenever I try to save my game, this error appears. I don't know how to fix it. Do I need to update the plugins or the version I'm using (1.5.1)?
    upload_2019-1-9_9-34-43.png

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    first we need to know more about the error - please play again and when that screen happens, press F8 and give us a screenshot of the console output.

That said, the core version and the plugin versions need to be on the same level - if a plugin is written for 1.5.1 then you should stay at 1.5.1, if it is written for 1.6.1 then you should update to 1.6.1
    We would need a screenshot of your plugin manager with all plugins listed to help you with that decision.

That said, please make the following test:
    Start playtest, start a new game in the playtest (DO NOT CONTINUE), save on the first map - does the same error happen or not?

3. jaret742

jaret742 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    upload_2019-1-9_19-26-33.png
    upload_2019-1-9_19-21-19.png

I made a new game with all the plugins disabled, and I did not have the error. So, I think it is how I ordered the plugins. I've been looking at the list on Yanfly's website, but I think I overlooked something.

4. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

I've moved this thread to Plug-In Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Try it with only the Yanfly plug-ins. If it works then, the problem is one of the plug-ins you have is not compatible with another plug-in, and you will have to find which two it is and then decide which one to keep in your game as they are not going to work together.

5. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That is NOT what I asked you.
    I asked you to test the New game and save sequence with your Plugins, not without them.

Additionally, please rename your folders. Your folderpath has to follow networking rules or some files have problems to be loaded - and that means no spaces in any foldername. Check the console messages - any letter that is replaced with a %-number code in the file and foldernames on your error messages is a letter or symbol that is not allowed under networking rules.

6. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Are your Yanfly plugins in the correct order (the order they're listed on Yanfly's site)?

Object too deep, in previous engines, was an indication that you had the same script inserted twice, or that you had two scripts that used the same name to alias the same method.

7. jaret742

jaret742 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Oh yeah, I did what you asked me to. And I had the same error. I apologize for not stating it earlier. Thank you for your help.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  8. jaret742

jaret742 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I solved the issue. It's the TYR_FollowerControl Plugin. I disabled it. Thank you for your help.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019