Some happiness we have to let go of.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Fraglspock
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi there.

To start off with, the title may confuse some people but this is in regards to weapon scaling. In the project that I am working on, enemies can be scaled to your level and the weapons they drop will be fixed to that level. So say for example a Level 13 enemy will drop gear that can only be used at Level 13 and above, and has stats that are equal to a Level 13 weapon. I came up with a nifty formula a couple of days ago that scales weapons all the way to the thousands of power range, which is great and what I am looking to accomplish for my project.

However, I have run into a bit of a barricade in the road: the actual enemies themselves. Now I am fully aware that Yanfly has made a plugin that scales enemy levels and that is precisely what I intend to use if I can work the following out:

Can weapons and armors be scaled the same way? For example, if I were to do it the normal way, I would have to create a single entry for each weapon that scales all the way up to Level 70, the maximum Level of the game. That is ultimately going to needlessly clog up database entries as I have hundreds of different weapons, ranging from basic weapons to legendary one of a kind items. If there is a way similarly to just make one weapon entry, put in a formula for its scaling, and make it so that "if x level enemy drops x level y weapon", it would reduce the amount of hassle and headache I would have to go through to organize my database.

If someone can help shed some light and clarity on this or would be able to give pointers, that would greatly be appreciated!

I also did not know if this should go into game idea discussion or MV discussion so I decided to put it here since it largely deals with MV and a couple of plugins.

Thanks in advance!

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you could use yanfly's extra enemy drops
with it you can set conditions for each weapon drop with the condition being enemy level.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It might be better in Plug-in Requests as you will probably need one for that. Let me move it there.

Arin

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Fraglspock
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you could use yanfly's extra enemy drops
with it you can set conditions for each weapon drop with the condition being enemy level.
That could work. The only issue that I really run into is, I still feel like I would have to make a separate entry for each level of that particular weapon.

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
im getting confused. do you want for example lv7 orc to drop iron sword while lv8 orc drops a steel sword? or do you want iron sword to have atk = actor level * 3 while steel sword would have atk = actor level * 4?

if you want the enemy to drop a different weapon based on their level, yes you will need and extra drops notetag for every possible weapon that 1 enemy can drop.

if you want weapons that can simply get stronger as player level then look at the hestia knife in the tips and tricks section of yanflys site.

if you want it to always be an iron sword but the stats to be different based on the "enemy" level?
that would be a new plugin entirely, or some kinda new expansion to yanfly's item core which allows independent weapons but doesnt "currently" combine with enemy levels.

Arin

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Fraglspock
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if you want it to always be an iron sword but the stats to be different based on the "enemy" level?
that would be a new plugin entirely, or some kinda new expansion to yanfly's item core which allows independent weapons but doesnt "currently" combine with enemy levels.
Yes, apologies for the confusion. It would be something similar to this portion right here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finished that egg-sitting mini-game I mentioned here a couple weeks back. Now to fix the weather system so it doesn't rain indoors while you're playing it. >.> A simple fix in itself; leave it to me to take it as an excuse to completely revamp the time/weather/lighting system from scratch.
I'm really tempting to pre order cyberpunk 2077... should I do it or not :/ I really want to play the game but don't want to take a big hit to my saving because of it
So I need to come up with quite a few action sequences.
Was stressing about this plugin earlier, but pretty happy with how its looking now! Purple makes it pop more too!! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stuart18