SCAReStaff October 2015

Discussion in 'Resource Staff Releases' started by Caz, Oct 6, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Thanks for the info.  I knew the name was vaguely familiar, but not having a context couldn't place it.

I see my stuff has appeared.  Just to say that a couple of the animations (especially the ones called Brazier Red and Brazier Blue) can really only be seen properly in the mini-game demo.

Susan, Ms Littlefish and Dreadshadow like this.
  2. Dreadshadow

Dreadshadow Lv 38 Tech Magician Moderator

First Language:
    Greek
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Dalph is gonna be rect no matter what.
    His backpack is so ripped off tha things start spreading around the battlefield.

Here I gathered what @Caz had for the Restaff:

It seems to me like XP or DS maybe tiles and horror massacre inner tiles. I really like them.
    How about an angry Ralph! Hey Ralph! Join the fight!!!!

And what is that? MORE stuff from Darren?

@Desperate Measures:

Bad dreams. Once again that sounds that creep us all. Seriously, is that a waterphone? Nice piece.
    Inside the Tomb.

Of course, Dalph ran inside the tomb now. He gathers power from that place and the battle is really tough.
    What a fantastic music piece! Inside The Tomb can also be used of Sci-Fi no problem. I really like it.
    It is like listening a more modern Jean Michelle Jarre. Magnificent.

@ksjp17 gives us a new buff. HOW ABOUT THAT! A full demo that demonstrates how to set up and use effects for your game!
    Isn't that brilliant. I can't cound how many things we can do with these stuff! Thank you so much!!!

@slimmmeiske2 got us a gang of clowns and many more characters. As always you do a great job. not to mention your translations!!! Thank you so much once again!

Ouch, I am hurt.... someone back me up, Daplh has stabbed me! :o

Gee this is a tough guy to beat indeed!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2015
  3. hiddenone

hiddenone Lurker Extraordinaire Moderator

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Caz - Ralph looks ready to show off in any DS game.  I like the broken tiles, but I think a little bit of shading on the blood splatters would really make them pop.

DesperateMeasurez - Ooh, more music.  "Bad Dreams" is another creepy song, and "Inside the Tomb" makes me want to go punch some mummies.

ksjp17 - It's always great to get more animations.  I really like the brazier flames.

Slimmmeiske2 - These sprites are ready for a halloween party!  It's nice to see that not just Ralph crossdresses, and I could see using Eric's clown costume to sneak into a circus.

4. Kes

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    caz - Good to see DS branching out into something a bit different.  It took me a moment to work out where Ralph's neck was.  For a second or two it looked like it was just floating above the collar.  Maybe just a smidgen of difference in the colour of the shadow would sort that out?  Though as I'm not an artist, I could be completely wrong.

desparatemeasurez - the theme this time seems to have brought out the best in you.  Bad Dreams is superb; the relentlessness of the way a dream will persist, coupled with its ephemeral nature are entwined together here into something exceptional.  Inside the tomb would work nicely as a slightly laid back battle theme.

slimmeiske2 - these are such fun and I love the outfits you have chosen for them.  Well done.

5. Dreadshadow

Dreadshadow Lv 38 Tech Magician Moderator

First Language:
    Greek
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Gee my buttocks are bleeding! Avenge me my friends!!!! (In other words I have to go for now people. I really enjoy such games though!)

You got me this time @Dalph!

Next time I will endure more in battle.

@Dreadshadow is immobilized for several turns.

mlogan, Dalph and Banquo like this.
  6. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Phew, I'm having trouble keeping up here. It's hard when real life intervenes with online baddy slaying. But here is my latest effort.

@Caz - I really love the broken pieces and damaged portraits. In my opinion, one can never have too many details like this when making a scene. I might have to break out my DS tiles to try these out!

@DesparateMeasurez - Again, more versatile pieces. I love songs like this. I can definitely see them in the horror setting, but so many other uses come to mind too. I am working on the beginnings of sci-fi series, much of this would be great for it.

@Ksjp17 - I like the animations. I think the one with the laugh was my favorite. I struggle to put together animations, so this will be really helpful, as many can be used outside of "ghostly" things.

@Slimm - You are hysterical with these costumes!! I love it and can see using them in many humorous bits!

7. Dalph

Dalph Nega Ralph™ (Retired Villain) Veteran

First Language:
    Italian Curses
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  8. Susan

Susan Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    No idea...
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This is moving along faster than anticipated.

Due to a certain evil overlord's curse, my net is suffering from a case of Extremely Slow Connection speed.

At any rate, I'll still manage to join the fight as well.

Stage 1 :

@Avery:

Very well done spooky and gory icons. Suitable for Halloween, but can be used for other horror games as well.

Really good unique shaped pumpkin battler.

@Candacis:

Amazing work with the attic wall autotiles. I especially like the blue marble effect, and the wallpaper ones. The wood has a very nice texture to them as well.

You really went out of your way with the decor. The details are quite amazing, especially for the cluttered dressers, chairs and carpets. Those cobwebs will really come in handy as well. The attached screenshot looks really good.

@DesperateMeasurez:

Quirkasaurus has a nice catchy and mischievous sounding tune.

Spellbound's audio seems to soften entirely from around 0:09. I'm not sure if that's intentional.

The House in the Middle of Nowhere is my favourite for the chilling atmosphere it exudes.
    Stage 2:

@Ms Littlefish:

Lovely, realistic sound effects suitable for the season. That Candy Consume and Consume Apple sounds effects have made me reach out for some snacks.

@PandaMaru:

I'm really loving these pumpkins. Excellent work on the details, and making the rounded look on the windows to fit the shape of the pumpkin.

@Thalzon:

Great work as usual with the battlers. I love how your style is consistent and makes it easy for mixing and matching with all your battlers.
    Stage 3:

@Chaos Avian:

The battlers look quite adorable this time around. The emotions on the Jack-o's are fantastic!

@Clydous:

Very nice fast paced track. I really like the tempo and instruments used in this. I'm imagining Valkyrie Profile's battle scene for some reason.

@Palladinthug:

Nicely made soda pop tiles. The packaging is sooooo familiar for some reason.

Finally, we can have Iggy in our games. Great work!

@Skeezixs1:

Very nice addition for the title and gameover scenes.

The first Opening image seems a bit blurry in comparison to the other two.

Overall, they look really beautiful.
    Stage 4:

@Caz:

You did not make this Ralph portrait! It's freaking awesome!

The DS tiles are very well made, consistent to the style, and a great addition to the DS+ pack. Even the blood splatter fits with the one in the pack.

@DesperateMeasurez:

Very well done tracks.

Bad Dreams has a bit of a Silent Hill feel to it.

In the Tomb has a nice haunting accent.

@ksjp17:

The sample project has very well done animations. I'm wondering if Shaz's script is part of the contribution.

@slimmeiske:

Very well edit and detailing of some of the RTP cast.

Ulrika as a policewoman is my favourite among them.

Gloria looks really good here.
    Excellent work from all the contributors. Thank you and keep up the great work.  :rwink:

9. mlogan

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oooh, I think Susan just dealt a big bundle of damage!!!

Susan and Dalph like this.
  10. PandaMaru

PandaMaru little red panda Restaff

First Language:
    german
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    >__< My english is really bad, so I try it with another skill. Heal for all the fighters and their inspirational comments!

I try to make some more variations of my pumpkin-house.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Susan, Kes, Matseb2611 and 5 others like this.
  11. Kes

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Thank you PandaMaru.  They are great

@Susan, 

yes, it the Shaz script that is mentioned in the Credits Readme file.

Susan likes this.
  12. Matseb2611

Matseb2611 Innovate, don't emulate Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm going for another special attack to deal heavy damage. Here it comes!

Chaos Avian

Oh man, I love the facial expressions of your battlers. Poltergeist looks genuinely sinister with his evil grin. I really like the design and colour of that one. The pumpkins are also awesome, especially the variety of their emotions. The trees look a little grainy to me, but they’re still nicely drawn.

Clydous

I am assuming it’s a battle track, right? It sounds like it’s on steroids. :o So fast-paced and even dancey. It’s got a nice rhythm to it. Kind of makes you want to move and all. I can see this fitting in with a boss fight of some kind.

Palladinthug

Soft drinks. Brilliant. The logos/boxes look really awesome. The coke bottles are well done too, though they look a bit pixelated. I am guessing maybe you were going for the more old school style with these. The IGMC mascot looks very nice and shiny. Really good sprite that. I like it.

Skeezixs1

Ok, now this is awesome. Backgrounds and battlebacks are so hard to find in the community, and these look really stunning.

Were those forest and mountain ones hand-painted? They do look like sophisticated works of art. Not joking. I can pretty much feel a cool mountain breeze over here just by looking at them. The colours and everything is just so good. I’d love to see more of these in the future. Brilliant BattleStart transition too. I’ll have to try it out in-game.

Caz

Great tileset. I like how you’ve done all the scratches, hit marks, and blood splashes, some being more prominent, whilst others are milder. It gives a nice chaotic sense to the effects of age and damage to these objects, which is exactly as it should be. Great work.

And Ralph… did he just make it into DS in a bust form? Looks like Dalph will have to fight him on that front as well!

Desperate Measurez

Wow, you’re on a roll this time round. More great tracks!

Bad Dreams is a nice little track. Nicely captures hidden horror or even mystery, like “something is not right here” sort of mood. It gets a bit repetitive towards the end, but it’s still cool and gives that well-executed sense of unease.

Inside the Tomb is awesome! You know, to me personally it sounds more like a cyberpunk track. I can quickly imagine a long, winding underground tunnel in some huge industrial city. But I guess perhaps it’s versatile enough for a variety of settings. This is a great track. I might just use it.

Ksjp17

An interesting idea there. Are most of these edited from RTP then? The flame torch one has a nice effect to it. And the others are quite creative too. Well, now people have some straight-out-of-the-box battle animations to use, which is always a good thing.

Slimmmeiske2

Nice ideas for the RTP actors' alternate personalities. Ulrika police is my favourite. It fits her personality a lot, I think. Eric clown is also an interesting one.

13. taarna23

taarna23 Marshmallow Princess Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Ah, this is going to all be over before I can make a proper reply. What I've seen looks amazing, good job everyone!

14. T.Bit

T.Bit Labyrinth Explorer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    All of the resources were amazing but what stood out to me the most was Avery's icons in the first pack. The shading on those organs is so good! How creepy is that? :3 The witch's icons were super cute too! The green bubbling cauldron was a nice touch.

PandaMaru's little pumpkin house was also amazing. Mr. Kitty Face pumpkin was creepy and cute all at the same time!

Ms. Littlefish had some awesome Halloween sound effects. The 3 different varieties for candy dropping in a bucket was pretty cool.

DesperateMeasures: Quirkasaurus is whimsical and I love every minute of the song. I think I played it three times before listening to the other (much more creepy) songs in the folder.

Caz, Ms Littlefish and Dalph like this.
  15. NeoFantasy

NeoFantasy Building Worlds Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @clydous: that track is amazing time to go best that big bad boss.

@caz: what's this damaged portrites surly this will come in handy when we have defeated Dalph. On top of that excellent bust we get some awsome tiles oh man this re staff is awsome.

@skeezix1: backgrounds I stand thumbs up, but these are some really good looking ones.

@ksjp17: excellent animated sprites I've only ever been able to make a dizzy annimation so this will sefinatly come in handy.

@desperatemesuez: like the theme of your song implys its sefinatly a bad dream, for someone like me looking for unerving and dark music this is perfect.

(I hate typing on mobile)

Thank you for this awsome restaff. And now to hit Dalph with a speacial attack, showing him kindness. Thank you Dalph, how does that feel?

DesperateMeasurez, Caz and Dalph like this.
  16. Caz

Caz Green Eyes Blonde Dragon Moderator

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]CAZ: 
    What the..​
    It looks like Dalph healed himself earlier when we weren't looking?!​
    We're really going to have to bring in some reinforcements here!​

Dalph likes this.
  17. NeoFantasy

NeoFantasy Building Worlds Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    dayum Dalph is fast.

@Chaos avian: Awsome battlers they look like they're ready to kill me.

@slimmmmeskie: are those the rtp actors dressed up for Halloween. Me likey.

@pallidn thug: now I'm thirsty. Great job!

@pandaMaru: Pumpkin houses, perhaps for a town called Halloween town

*song starts playing*

This is shaping up to be one of my favortie restaff realesses.

Chaos Avian and Dalph like this.
  18. mlogan

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sigh. Working on a little tiny scene, but having recording issues. So maybe a screenshot showing how awesomely these resources can be put to use will help defeat the silly evil Dalph.

[​IMG]

It also features DM's Quirkasaurus, as well as Iggy(?) and Ulrika (you know she's behind why Elmer is a Princess). Anyway, I have to go defeat real life stuff, sorry I can't get the video working.

19. Dalph

Dalph Nega Ralph™ (Retired Villain) Veteran

First Language:
    Italian Curses
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]

Archeia, Susan, Caz and 2 others like this.
  20. metronome

metronome Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English (Sure!)
    For better structuring, I guess we could just put the Evil Lord Dalph HP (example LARGE 9999/9999, may be with life bar) on top of the post/page so that everybody can see it directly.

And then there is something like:

Package 1: DOWNLOADPackage 2: Unlocked @(7500/9999)Package 3: Unlocked @(5000/9999)and so on~~ or something like thatJust a suggestion btw, but well I see it is already 4 package unlocked, so....~~Just trying to be helpful here, and sorry if you think I am being offensive here.

Not my intention, really.

PS:

Of course I am grateful for the contributors ~~ :)

Love the Bad Dreams.ogg~~and I can't believe I see XP sprites there~~

May I use "scan" on Evil Lord Dalph to see what kind of skill/ability he has? :D