SCAReStaff October 2015

Discussion in 'Resource Staff Releases' started by Caz, Oct 6, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Caz

Caz Green Eyes Blonde Dragon Moderator

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'd planned to do a mass cleanup at the end, but putting the HP bar at the top of the page spoils it for any newcomers. It's meant to look like the regular release page at first, and then you realise what's going on.

Maybe I'll shift things around a little so it's cleaner now that things have settled a little.

Dalph likes this.
  2. PandaMaru

PandaMaru little red panda Restaff

First Language:
    german
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    *Panda-Heal* /o/

[​IMG]

richter_h, Candacis, Kes and 10 others like this.
  3. taarna23

taarna23 Marshmallow Princess Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Avery: Your icons are adorable! The body part icons are actually somewhat gruesome. You could give them a green tint and have zombie parts! I like the pumpkin, too. Is it big enough to be a house? Maybe a sprite or spirit house?

Candacis: I love this stuff. What big house is complete without an attic? Those blue-top A4 tiles could make a lovely kitchen, too!

DesperateMeasurez: Quirkasaurus sounds like it would be interesting in a minigame - so bright and cheerful. Spellbound makes me think of wandering a dark forest, or an old mansion or library. The House in the Middle of Nowhere is definitely eerie and tense - nicely done. Bad Dreams also captures a tense vibe well - good music if you have an area where your character is completely lost. Inside the Tomb has a good, slightly dark energy to it - like "push through, let's go!"

Ms Littlefish: Funny, that Egg one sounds familiar - oh, right, I still need to borrow a pressure washer to clean off last year's freeze-dried egg. Anyway, these are really awesome! Good job.

Pandamaru: I love your pumpkins! And I love love pumpkin #4! Really good job!

Thalzon: Master of creepy battlers, these certainly don't disappoint. That haunt needs a "Throw Cutlery" ability.

Chaos Avian: These kind of remind me of enemies in Final Fantasy Mystic Quest - considering it is one of my favourite games, that is awesome.

Clydous: Is this the official Dalph battle music? It sounds like great boss battle music!

Palladinthug: Food and costume? Yes! All set for Halloween! Party time!

Skeezixs1: These are very neat - too bad I'm at work and don't really have the opportunity to try them out. I always love to see how battle transitions wind up looking.

Caz: Broken stuff is always great to have on hand - we couldn't build a haunted house (or a destroyed town) without them! Nice job!

Ksjp17: I couldn't look over the project just now, but the animations look good - there is always a need for them! Thanks!

Slimmmeiske2: The costumes are great! There really needs to be more little storyline pieces that require characters to dress up like that. Nice work!

Edit: Pandamaru! Another pumpkin! Eeee, I love it!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2015
  4. Valkyriet

Valkyriet Pocket Panda Veteran

First Language:
    English
    So...it's like..

​
    SCARestaff 2015
     ​
    featuring~ Dalph as the Grinch who stole Resourcemas (?)
     ​

Feedback time!

Graphics

Avery ~ The icons were a quite unlike anything I've ever seen till date. They were a very pleasant surprise and I think anyone would be blessed to have them at their disposal if they wanted spooky elements in their game. Not to sound partial or anything but the iconsheet is easily my favorite so far, given (I'm supposing) the amount of imagination and effort that brought it about. Not to mention that they're supposed to be spooky and creepy (hell, organs?!) but even so, they have a really cute appeal. Kudos to you, Iconmaster!

Additionally, I also love the shading you've done on the pumpkin battler.

Candacis ~ What can I say, having worked on just one map with her, I know how awesome she is so it's no surprise that I loved the attic tiles she put together. It's really difficult but if I had to pick, my personal favorites would be the drawers, the clumped cardboard boxes and the chair covered with the white sheet. The shading on the staircases succeed in giving them a spooky appeal, and not to mention the one-eared-teddy bear. Who doesn't love creepy dolls? Love the design on the rugs/carpets as well, and I think the red really accentuates them. Great job!

Caz ~ The damages on that wall are so on point, if anyone were to make a high-school horror story and use those walls with minimum lighting, I'd have a mini heart freeze. The damaged door looks really good as well. Thanks, caz! : )

Chaos Avian ~ Love the style, colors and variations of those battlers. I reckon that if you condense those spooked trees into a poster, it would look really cool in anyone's room (in real life as well as in games). Naisu job : )

Ksjp ~ Really liked the spooky effects, and I think it's the BGS that made it all the more appealing. The 10th effect is my favorite because it seemed really creative, visuals and all!

Palladinthug ~ Kigurumi = WIN. 'Nuff said xD On that note, I adore the little pixelated cans, and does that strip say "tacotaco" or "colgate"?

Pandamaru ~ Supermaru would be more appropriate here. I think all the witches and warlocks have already formed a secret Maru fanclub. Who wouldn't, given those scrumptious pumpkin houses. Now all your spooky game characters can live in style, developers!

Skeezixs1 ~ Personally, I think the GameOverBase is a treat for sore eyes, but for some reason, the openings (1-2-3) seem out of focus. They would look amazing if they weren't as hazy so I'm wondering why you intended it to be that way o3o

Slimmmmmmie ~ So. Many. Cute. Sprites! x333 The clowns are police Ulrika are absolutely adorable.

Thalzon ~ You would need a fair bit of imaginations to come up with something that creepy, since only flowers, rabbits and curly waves usually pop into my head when I try to draw. Really nice colors and shades :3
    Music feedback will come later! >3<

5. Vox Novus

Vox Novus Knight of Whispers Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Stage 1

Avery-Lovely Icons as usual I like that you took the extra time to make both normal and bloody versions for some that way they can be suited for both light-hearted Halloween games and spookier Halloween games. I love the giant pumpkin house/building as well and again appreciate that you offer it in two different fashions.

Candacis-Your quality shows through here, I like that you went for an attic themed set as its something you don't usually see in rpg maker games and fits the theme nicely. I particularly enjoy the inclusion of the beams; I can picture all sorts of uses for them by having stuff seem to hang from them in game.

Desperate Measurez-I'm a huge fan of your music and you don't disappoint here. Quirkasaurus sounds like it is a very flexible piece, suitable for puzzles or a town or house theme. Spellbound sounds like it would be perfect for a dungeon theme like a creepy graveyard/crypt. House in the middle of nowhere is definitely appropriately named; I can see this playing in Candicis' attic.
    Stage 2

Pandamaru-Yeah, more pumpkin houses/buildings! I love all the variations especially the lit one you put great thought into this one making it look like a jack O' lantern. I wonder what the residents of these pumpkin houses do with all the insides of the pumpkin; they must make a lot of pies or something!

Thalzon-Your genius is showing. I like the mix of slight humor with the otherwise serious ghost/spirit battler. Congratulations as well for finding a way to make a skeleton battler more creepy; let the players turn it into a spider battler.

Ms. Littlefish-Ah sound effects, perfect! A creepy environment would be severely lacking if there were no creepy floorboards or people munching on candy excessively.
    Stage 3

Chaos Avian-Love the style here, very colorful. You even include variations for the pumpkin and tree enemies which is nice for making a game more themed around these enemies. I also think it was cool idea you focused on outside enemies; the equally creepy grounds of the creepy mansions need love to.

Palladinthug-It's Iggy yay. Thanks for reminding me the IGMC results are so soon; yikes!. Supermarket food to is awesome is that coola I see? Aldo would appreciate that.

Skeezixs1-These are great I just love the variety here a little something no matter what you want. You even cover all the bases one could need in a game, title gameover, etc...

Clydous-I definitely see this song as a battle theme; I think since its a bit upbeat (by default) it would pair well with Chaos Avian's battlers.
    edit for stage 4

slimmmeiske2- Very funny-I wonder if this is what happens when rpg maker heroes have to stop adventuring and get actual jobs; although I'm not sure how Elmer being a princess would qualify as a job none the less I like it!

ksjp17-animations look great and the SE are spot on. This is an excellent example of how you can take same parts of animations an make them different and unique with a little bit of thought.

Caz-This is a nice little tileset; wonder what happened here? Maybe all the versions of ralph met this newest version and they got into a terrible fight with each other.

Desperate measurez-Boy you sure have outdone yourself this month so many tracks! These two sound great for dungeons, I could see bad dreams also fitting in some sort of dark cave that has slow water drips in the background.
    I should say I came equipped with a rabbit's foot to boost my luck and critical hit rate; Dalph you stand no chance Mwhahaha!

6. Caz

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]CAZ: 
    Yes! We're making progress! We got another stage cleared!​
     ​
     ​
    [​IMG]CAZ: 
    But it looks like he's healed again..​
    He's acting really strange, I think we should be on our guard..​

Susan likes this.
  7. Dalph

Dalph Nega Ralph™ (Retired Villain) Veteran

First Language:
    Italian Curses
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  8. Ms Littlefish

Ms Littlefish Dangerously Caffeinated Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Meg gets ready

Banquo, anyone who makes Pop! resources is a person after my heart. You compounded this by providing DS+ tiles too, which are also among my great loves in life. That A3 is going right in my "yes" pile. I love bricks. The Pop! doors are really neat. I was hoping the for that roach monster you mentioned, but I still really like the roach critter you provided as well! Wonderful. :)

Hiddenone, the deer is so super, super duper cute. Oh my God. c;

Nanokan, that background is super gorgeous! We so, so need more of this kind of resource in the community. Fantastic! 

Vox Novus, mlogan, hiddenone and 2 others like this.
  9. Banquo

Banquo scoundrel Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Hiddenone:

Good job with the Dullahans! I really like the clothes of the spooky versions, it looks very zombielike. Also the grazing deer look adorable and can add some atmosphere to a game.

@Nakonan:

Your world tiles look superp! I haven't seen such epic world tiles before and that one black castle (the one to the left) reminds me so much of Barad-Dûr from Lord of the Rings, exceptional work!

@Ms Littlefish:

This IS the roach monster I mentioned! But it seems like this cannot faze you, haha! :guffaw:

10. Vox Novus

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Stage 5

Banquo-Nice variety in styles in this set, So many gates but where do they all go!! DS stuff is always nice I've been itching to make a game with it especially with all the support people show it.

Hiddenone-OMG those skeleton horses omg! These are amazing, I think they will really help a Halloween game standout. Not only that but you made dullahans as well and even made it easy to sort of customize them. Now we just need some dullahan battlers: Thalzon where are you!

Nanokan-The slime monster family has grown some more; this is the best genealogy of monsters and you do it proud with your additions. I love the idea of a slime world I don't think that's been done before really. Hey all those slimes got to come from somewhere I guess. That image is fantastic by the way and is just a joy to look at.
    Not sure how Dalph is healing so I'm going to try using Silence attack on him hopefully it sticks; Now for my ATB to recharge...

Banquo, hiddenone and Caz like this.
  11. Caz

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]CAZ: 
    It looks like our attacks are starting to do a lot less damage..​
    I think we might need some new recruits, stat!!​

Susan and mlogan like this.
  12. NeoFantasy

NeoFantasy Building Worlds Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @nanokun: your abilities at making tiles never fails to impress me, there just gorgeous and this lava word is no exception.

Ms littlefish: you nailed it with these sound effects, they're perfect for creeping out players.

Hiddenone: nicely done I'm adding a huanted house to my game just so I can have ghosts riding in your ghost horses chase down players.

Banquo: those sprites, they make me want to start a post apocalyptic game just so I can use them, they're really that good.

Ms Littlefish and hiddenone like this.
  13. Ms Littlefish

Ms Littlefish Dangerously Caffeinated Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ha! I was thinking like some giant roach man. I just let my imagination run wild. XD

Which frankly would kick butt if someone made that.~

Banquo likes this.
  14. hiddenone

hiddenone Lurker Extraordinaire Moderator

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Banquo - That is a huge bug!  I love the Pop! style, and your sprites would definitely liven up a dying world.  You put some nice details into the tiles too, and I like the worn look of the walls.

Nanokan - Great looking world tiles, I feel hot just looking at them.  I really like the huge trees.

Caz and Banquo like this.
  15. Vox Novus

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    It's a slime world actually; if you look close at the "lava" for example its actually meant to be gelatinous. 

16. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Banquo Pop extras and DS extras, the community is going to love you.  And I'm glad you've done those doors.  You can never have enough doors, so I'm always pleased to see more arriving.

hiddenone I'm going to join in the chorus of praise for the skeleton horse and the grazing deer.  And thank you for the separated out Dullahans so that people can do edits/recolours/whatever.

Nanokan you have done a lot to enliven and diversify the world map tiles, and these fit right in with that.  The Slime World tiles are excellent.

EDIT

I've been working today to make a geomancer system, and it's now raining where I am.  According to my new stat table, that means Dalph gets hit for double damage with this post.

Take that, you fiend!

[​IMG]

Susan, mlogan, Banquo and 3 others like this.
  17. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It might be a weak effort, but I've come this far and alas, I cannot abandon the fight.

@Banquo - Love the Pop and DS editions. Those little cannons and pirate treasure are great, as well as the hydraulic door for Pop.

@hiddenone - Awesome sprites! I love the originality of them, especially the walking horse skeletons.

@Nanoken - A slime world?!? Heck yeah! That background is beautiful and I especially love the overworld tiles. I'm curious how it would all blend with existing tiles though.

Susan, Caz, hiddenone and 1 other person like this.
  18. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hey Caz,

When working out Dalph's damage, you need to see the edit about the calculation on my last post - it could make all the difference.

Caz likes this.
  19. NeoFantasy

NeoFantasy Building Worlds Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @voxnovus: didn't notice that, looked a lot like lava with the color and all.

So Dalph is getting used to our tricks and we need new recruits, I'll see if I can get us some.

20. Diretooth

Diretooth Lv. 23 Werewolf Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    A WILD DIRETOOTH APPEARS.

It seems I'm not too late to help out. I will now proceed to attempt the highly dangerous and rare KINDNESS COMPLIMENT COMBO X15

Avery:

Once more you do amazing artwork. The icons you made are wonderful and extremely detailed. Of particular note for me is the full moon with the wolf. That makes me so happy I can hardly help but grin.

Candacis:

Your attic tileset is nothing short of amazing. There have been times when I've looked for something like this and could never find exactly the right one. Your artwork is nothing short of godlike.

Darren:

Your music, unlike any other I find on this forum, is my absolute favorite. I always come back to your work for my projects because it is so amazing.

From stage one, Quirkasaurus is a fun, slightly insane and creepy piece. To me, this would be perfect toward the beginning of a game, or during a fun puzzle or while being chased around by a creepy clown. Spellbound would not sound out of place in a game set in a futuristic game. I could see myself putting this on my MP3 player just to listen to it. (And I likely will.) The House in the Middle of Nowhere... I have no words. All I know is that I need to use it. If I could time travel to the past to give it to my past self, I would. From Stage Four, I am treated to Bad Dreams. I usually have bad dreams, and this song reminds me of them, but in a nice way. As if I'm remembering a good horror movie, rather than the things that startle me awake in the middle of the night. Inside the Tomb is the last that I can comment on, mostly because it's the last song you submitted as of yet. Much like Spellbound, it would not be out of place in a futuristic setting, but it would also go nicely in an adventure game set in a tomb (As indicated by the song title.)

MsLittlefish:

Your sound effects are awesome. I can think of a million and one uses for all of them.

PandaMaru:

Those pumpkins though. I'm not entirely sure what to use them for, though I have a few creative ideas that I'll have to try out because they just inspired me.

Thalzon:

Your battlers never cease to amaze me, and these are no different. I seriously need to start using your stuff, because I keep getting blown away by your artwork.

Chaos Avian:

Your battlers are pretty cool too. The Jack-o series gave me a smile. Mostly because they, too, inspired me.

Clydous:

TERROR WAVE. That is probably the best name for this song. I can easily imagine it as a battle theme, or maybe a Hurry! theme. I think I have just the project for this...

Palladinthug:

Dragon costume. Dragon Costume. DRAGON COSTUME. Oh my goodness I love it and want to use it in everything.

Skeezixs1:

Those images are pretty amazing, I wish I could make artwork like that.

Ksjp17:

Those Ghostly Animations are pretty awesome. I very well might use that for something later. The fact that it's in a neat little demo is a definite plus.

Slimmmeiske2:

Those characters are cool and a little hilarious.

Banquo:

Your characters and tiles are pretty fantastic. I'll have to use them sometime.

Hiddenone:

Those horses are awesome, and the dullahan is a definite plus.

Nanokan:

Your artwork never fails to awe and inspire me. Now all I have to do is figure out how to use them properly.

Now that I've gathered up all of the kindness I can muster, I release it to the music of Terror Wave. Because dang that song is pretty awesome.
    BD

DesperateMeasurez, Susan, Caz and 7 others like this.