SCAReStaff October 2015

Discussion in 'Resource Staff Releases' started by Caz, Oct 6, 2015.

Tags:
  1. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The valiant Zalerian has stepped in to save the day! Perhaps the kindness of his help to show off resources will count for something against the "evil" Dalph in this war to rescue the resources.

Resources used:

Sprites by Slimmenskie

Music by Desperate Measurez

Tiles by PandaMaru

Background by Squeezixs1 (in the credits)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2015
    Dalph, Susan, slimmmeiske2 and 5 others like this.
  2. PandaMaru

PandaMaru little red panda Restaff

First Language:
    german
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Ok, I will try my best. >__<

Stage 1)

Avery - It's incredible how you put all the details in this little icons. They are brilliant. If I think I found something like this key with guts around it in a game, I would speek in years how nasty this part was.

I love the colours you use for your pumpkin, especially the flesh of it.

Candacis - It's wonderful to make a room in the gable. All those old stuff you can find at a typical attic. Like the pepper hanging from the timbers - we have such on our attic and I think they are creepy in some way...

DesperateMeasurez - Good work. Each of the songs let me think of a scene. I really like the melody in Spellbound. The House in the middle of Nowhere could be playing, while I search on Candacis' attic for grandmas music box, that starts playing in the middle of the night...

Stage 2)

Ms Littlefish - SEs are rare! Good ones.

Why I'm imagine a mystical Candy Shop which appears only at Halloween Night? *shudder*

Thalzon - I bow to your creativity. Every single time you make new monsters, I couldn't think of something this wicked. They look nice. :)

Stage 3)

Chaos Avian - Spooky Battlers. Fear the nature! The mask the Poltergeist wear is so cool.

Clydous - I feel my blood rushing. In to the battle! *looking at Dalph*

Palladinthug - Nice little addon and this blue costume looks sweeet. I want to put my son in this and cuddle him. X3

Skeezixs1 - Cool Pictures. Please tell the artist of the acrylic paintings that they looks fantastic!

Stage 4)

Caz - The little horror-addon looks really good and the portrait of Ralph was a pretty good idea. :)

DesperateMeasurez - Inside the Tomb make me courios, what might be awaitig in this tomb. Bad Dreams sounds auspicious and reminds me - don't know why - of spiders beneath my bed.

Ksjp17 - Good Demo and I really like this blue Flame-Animation.

Slimmmeiske2 - I want to dress me up on Halloween too D: Pricess Elmer looks fine xD Did he think the same?

Stage 5)

Banquo - My favorites are the DS pirate-tiles <3 Gold, Gold, Gold <3

Hiddenone - the headless one - classic and I'm impressed to look at the details of the skeleton horses. The deers are lovely <3

Nanokan - ^^ Creative tiles. I like the castles.

D: Do it work? *exhausted*

3. mlogan

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yay! Great job team!!

4. Vox Novus

Vox Novus Knight of Whispers Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Dalph is slain! A winner is us!

*Victory Fanfare*

5. Caz

Caz Green Eyes Blonde Dragon Moderator

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]CAZ: 
    It's over! He's finally defeated! We have the final stage!​
    Great work, you guys! We can all rest easy knowing that this month's release is safe once more.​
    [​IMG]CAZ: 
    Though that's not to say the work is over. In light of these events, I'd like to commend a champion!​
    For those who still wish to give their efforts in providing feedback, I will be selecting a few brave fighters​
    to be knighted!​
    You will be rewarded handsomely with badges and maybe even a special prize or two..​

Susan, Kes and NeoFantasy like this.
  6. Dalph

Dalph Nega Ralph™ (Retired Villain) Veteran

First Language:
    Italian Curses
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    My Resource Pack....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. NeoFantasy

NeoFantasy Building Worlds Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Take it I will Dalph, take it I will.

8. Vox Novus

Vox Novus Knight of Whispers Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I've always wanted to be knight even if I might someday take an arrow in the knee.

Stage 6

Super121830-More chest colors; always nice! I like to try and match the color or style with the area when picking the chest to use so these offer a lot more variety.
    Valkyriet-These geisha's are beautiful; makes me want to drop everything else and go make a samurai game or something.  

Valkyriet and Caz like this.
  9. Ms Littlefish

Ms Littlefish Dangerously Caffeinated Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  10. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Super121830 - chests to put Banquo's pirate gold in - much safer than leaving it around loose.  And a colour for every occasion/setting.  I personally won't be using the pink ones, but i can immediately think of some members who will be using them.  it's good that every preference is catered for.

valkyriet - those geisha figures are delightful.  They will certainly add a lot to the feel of any setting they are in.  I don't remember seeing any geisha figures like these before, so well done.

EDIT

And Ms Littlefish - here it is, coming your way!

Oops - so high it's gone off the top of the page.  Never mind.

Susan, Valkyriet, Caz and 1 other person like this.
  11. hiddenone

hiddenone Lurker Extraordinaire Moderator

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Whoo-hoo, we did it!  Time to party guys!

[​IMG]

Super121830 - Different colored chests are always useful, good job.

Valkyriet - Ooh, pretty geisha.  While they won't fit in my game, I bet these will look great in someone's Asian-inspired game.

12. taarna23

taarna23 Marshmallow Princess Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Colourful chests! Yay! I feel like there can never be too many of these. Adorable geishas, too. They remind me of player shop NPCs in a game I played once. I like!

13. NeoFantasy

NeoFantasy Building Worlds Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    It has been done, we have defeated the demon lord Dalph and claimed what is rightfully ours, now let us rejoice by putting these resources to good use in our projects.

@Valkyriet: Those sprites are really awesome looking, I really love the coloring of them.

@Caz/Dalph: Thank you guys for doing this, it was really fun.

@Everyone: Happy restaff release day :D

Susan, Valkyriet and taarna23 like this.
  14. mlogan

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Super121830 - Great chest recolors! I love so many options - some of them look like they belong in a sweet little princess room.

@Valkyriet - What beautiful geishas!

Thanks to everyone who contributed for restaff!

And Caz - thanks for making it an especially fun release.

Oh fine. You too Dalph.

Dalph, Susan, Caz and 1 other person like this.
  15. Matseb2611

Matseb2611 Innovate, don't emulate Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Gotta finish what I started, even if Lord of Evil has been DEFEATED! :p

Banquo

That’s a lot of characters there. All Fallout inspired, I assume? And guessing this is for Pop Horror pack? They fits that style well, if that's the case, so nicely done.

I also like those pirate tiles, though pity there aren’t many of them. Would be cool to see some more tiles like that.

Hiddenone

I like the sprite ideas this time round quite a lot. Skeleton horses and dullahans are rare to find, so it’s good to have some of them. Just wish they were a bit bigger. Good job overall and hoping to see more mythical beings from you in the future.

Nanokan

These world map tiles are very pretty. I am really digging the designs of all those buildings and mountain formations. The grey and orange colour scheme is also pretty creative. Now you have me wanting to make world maps in games. I hope someone uses these, because they’re very nice.

Not a big fan of the battlers though. They look a bit flat. Maybe a different kind of shading would do wonders there. They do have promise though, especially the feline one. Might just need some tweaking with the shading. :)

Super121830

Recoloured RTP chests – good idea. There’s so much variety now. Clever thinking there. Even simple recolours like these already do a lot for something new to see to all the standard RTP chests. Good colour selection too. The cyan, purple, and all those metallic grey ones look very shiny.

Valkyriet

Ooh, that’s a very pretty sprite. You always put quite a lot of detail in your sprites, I noticed. Nice to have it in 3 different colours too. Well done.

Overall

Wanted to say good job overall. It's especially nice to see some newer contributors. I hope you guys continue to contribute and to improve your craft. Best of luck. ;)

Banquo, Dalph, hiddenone and 4 others like this.
  16. Susan

Susan Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    No idea...
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Not what the evil overlord is gone, my net is finally working as it should.

@PandaMaru:

Thank you for the lovely late releases of your pumpkin houses. They are quite amazing.

Late feedback on the last two stages:

Stage 5:

@Banquo:

Nice animated vault door in the POP! Horror style. The sprites are well made as well and will make a fine addition to the pack.

The DS walls tiles are a very nice surprise The added details on the walls are quite good.

The cannons and pirate treasure are quite rough, but with more practice you will certainly be able to improve a lot. It's fairly decent right now and is a job well done, especially the gold coins.

@hiddenone:

Great work with the deer sprites and its grazing behaviour sprites. The grazing deer pose looks quite realistic.

The skeleton horses must have taken ages to get right. There's a skeletal feel to them all right. The mounted Dullahan sprite is very well done.

@Nanokan:

Nice volcanic forest, mountain and city overworld tiles. The detail on the overworld lava mountain and towers are especially good.  Seems reminiscent of Tolkien's works. Amazing work here.

The lava battlers are quite decently made.
    Stage 6:

@Super121830:

Nicely done chest recolours in both gold and silver trimmings.

@Valkyriet:

These geishas are fantastic! I love how they're strumming the instrument.

One small thing I noticed, the eyes for the geisha seem to move far too high in one animation, and it looks like she's rolling her eyes, rather than blinking.

Otherwise, a really great job here with really good effort placed into the detailing.
    Great work, everyone! Looks like we won and got all our treats back, despite the evil tricks of the dastard overlord! We couldn't have done it without everyone's help!  :rwink:

Marsigne, Dalph, Caz and 2 others like this.
  17. felsenstern

felsenstern Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    That's how I like my raids. Coming too late, boss dead but still can loot and no repair-cost ;-)

Great job and lovely forum presentation.

18. Dreadshadow

Dreadshadow Lv 38 Tech Magician Moderator

First Language:
    Greek
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    With my remaining last powers...

@Banquo, incredible retro characters and gates. Tilesets are not a lot but it's interesting stuff.

@Hiddennone once again nailed it with nice skeletal characters and a derr I suppose?

@Nanokan made a great inferno world map I suppose, I really like this....

@Valkyriet made incredible Gheisha sprites, WOW!!!!

And  @Super121830 made SUUUUPER checst recolors.

Dalph, Caz and Susan like this.
  19. Touchfuzzy

Touchfuzzy Rantagonist Staff Member Lead Eagle

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have feedback: Caz you are doing a great job running restaff. This thread is awesome. And Dalph you are a doof, and I love what you guys did here. I smiled the whole way through.

Susan, Dalph, Chaos Avian and 4 others like this.
  20. Candacis

Candacis Pixel Pusher Restaff

First Language:
    German
    Woah, that was one fast event. Over before I knew it :D

Here is my feedback:

@Avery: I think, you already got my feedback. I love the halloween icons, you have really improved over the years. The bats and moons are still my favorite. And the pumpkin houses would form a nice weird village together with Maru's pumpkin houses :)

@Desperate Measurez: The House in the middle of nowhere is sooo spooky, my favorite track. I like the music box tones in it. Spellbound reminds me more of a modern dark alley type of song, but I like it for that purpose! Bad Dreams and Inside the tomb are perfect background tracks for dungeons.

@MsLittlefish: Soundeffects! I think those are usefull all year around. I especially like the apple bite, very clear to hear what it is supposed to be. The other effects are more ambigious, but just because of that useful for a variety of kitchen/meal sounds, I guess. I hope, you do more soundeffects.

@PandaMaru: Lovely pumpkin houses! The decorated ones are so beautiful, though I like the variants without chimneys better. But my favorite has to be the one with the glowing windows!

@Thalzon: Those are some weird battlers as usual. I don't know, how you came up with that haunt. I love the details on it. The spider and the skeleton one look a bit similiar, but I like it. Very scooby-do. You think, you fight a skeleton, but it was a spider all along :D

@ChaosAvian: very funny and spooky battlers. That jack-o-base stare.. :D I think, the mouth on the second gloomwood could have been a bit darker. My favorite is the poltergeist. The facial expressions are great!

@Clydous: Nice psycidelic song, I think, it would be suited well for a boss battle set in a modern or sci-fi world. I thought, it had some very fast parts, sometimes a bit too fast. Overall a good song, I liked the end part.

@palladinthug: I love the cans and the bottles, would go well with the pop! style. I am still not sure what the hotpocket thing is, a box? The iggy sprite is also very cute, I would have made the shading on the back of her hoodie maybe a bit rounder.

@Skeezixs1: Nice to see a new contributor for restaff :) I like the game over base a lot, nice colors. Some of the opening pictures look a bit blurry and the mountains in opening 3 look too white in my opinion.

@Caz: Love the portrait, especially his hair. And I think the destroyed tiles will be very useful for DS tileset users.

@ksjp17: More animations, thanks for this, perfect for animation noobs myself. Amnesia animation is my favorite, I think, it would be useful for all kinds of condition skills. Same goes for Blood splash and the idea for a headache animation is just genious. The only animation I find funny is ground fire, because to me it looks more like a start to a disco dance off. But hey, why not have a dance off battle :)

@Slimmeiske: I love Eric, the clown. Those costumes are so cute! I also like Ulrikas with the little cap on.

@Banquo: Please don't stop making pop! sprites. They are amazing. And you made a bug! It is my favorite. I hope we see more from the wasteland vaults. Too bad they are only non-commercial.

@Hiddenone: That deer, that deer and then you also made a grazing variant. And a baby deer! Really outstanding work. I love your animals. To me the skeleton horses are a bit too thin, but that is just me, I like my animals fluffy ;)

@Nanokan: More nice world tiles, I didn't expect anything else from you :) I especially like the autotiles, the trees and mountains. I also like the eh weird looking big trees with a eh spike on top? Would have been nice to have a variant without the spike. I think, the battlers could have used a bit more definition at the borders, but I like the proportions of the second one.

@super121830: Recolors are always nice to have, I really like the pink one with the silver metal. Hope we see more from you in the future.

@valkyriet: I like those geishas, especially the face is very nicely done. Right now I'm not sure though for which style those sprites would be suited best.

Banquo, Susan, Dalph and 4 others like this.