First Language
English
This script adds an interpreter and message window to every scene so that

you can run common events in any scene.

scene_Interpreter1.jpg

Download

Get it at Hime Works!

Installation

Place this below Materials and above Main. You should place this above other custom scripts

Usage

If you would like a common event to run in the current scene, create a comment in the common event command list with this string

Code:
<run scene: current>
scene_interpreter2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ディーノス

Make a new destiny!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
this is awesome tsukihime....

now i can feel free with this :D

Internetakias

RPG Maker VX Ace Noob :P
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
Nice script, but I'm kinda surprised there isn't some kind of item tag that determines if the common event assigned to said item runs on the item screen or not.

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Nice script, but I'm kinda surprised there isn't some kind of item tag that determines if the common event assigned to said item runs on the item screen or not.
Good idea. I was not sure how to deal with this so I just randomly tossed in a switch to turn it on or off.

I have updated the script so that you just add a comment in the common event (not the calling item/skill) that says

<run scene: current>If it should run in the current scene.

Otherwise it will run on the map.

Tagging the item/skill would be a good idea, though then I would need to figure out how to keep track of which item/skill was actually used.

I am trying to think of when you would have one common event run in different scenes.

Internetakias

Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
Good idea. I was not sure how to deal with this so I just randomly tossed in a switch to turn it on or off.

I have updated the script so that you just add a comment in the common event (not the calling item/skill) that says

<run scene: current>If it should run in the current scene.

Otherwise it will run on the map.

Tagging the item/skill would be a good idea, though then I would need to figure out how to keep track of which item/skill was actually used.

I am trying to think of when you would have one common event run in different scenes.
Hmmm, I'm planning to use the script to implement Animal Crossing's item options, aka showing a list of options you can do with the selected item, like "Use/Eat/Equip/Wear/Place/Etc, Drop, Cancel", but that's probably not what you meant, was it? :p

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
It is more like, you have one item that will show those items directly in the menu....and then you ANOTHER item that calls the same common event, except it goes back to the map first before showing the options.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Nice script. It may help me to make in game tutorial ~

Internetakias

Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
It is more like, you have one item that will show those items directly in the menu....and then you ANOTHER item that calls the same common event, except it goes back to the map first before showing the options.
Oh, I see. I guess you could use a common event like that for pitching a tent or something like that. For example, you have all of your tent parts in a bag, selecting that bag adds all the parts to your inventory which you can then select to place on the map throught the same common event, 

Jason

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It's a tad late I suppose, but I've got a question, since it's bugging me...

I'm wanting to run a common event on the main menu scene, not the item/status/whatever else scene, but it's kicking me off to the map before the common event actually starts, any idea why?

The common event is only a text box, it works on the other scenes, just not the main menu, which is pretty much where it needs to be, I mean, I can settle for it being shown in the item scene I suppose, but y'know, I'd prefer the main menu...

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
That is not a default supported feature in Ace. How are you executing common events from the menu?

Jason

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oh yeah, probably should've mentioned this, lol.

I'm using YanFly's menu thingymabob, and I've added a new command, which, once selected, plays a common event, which in this case is just the text box... I was hoping they'd work together, but apparently not.

amicable

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
i spent a long, long time looking for a script like this. you have no idea how grateful i am for this;

i've got this running so it pops up over another window with selectable options, (it's a 'this is the first time you've opened this window, this is what you use it for' tutorial) however if i hit enter too quickly, it registers on the window below. could you think of any way i might be able to prevent that? i figure you might have some insight since you know the most about how this code works, thanks;;

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Oh yeah, probably should've mentioned this, lol.

I'm using YanFly's menu thingymabob, and I've added a new command, which, once selected, plays a common event, which in this case is just the text box... I was hoping they'd work together, but apparently not.

Don't know how that script works, but it likely uses its own logic for running common events in the menu which is independent of mine.

i spent a long, long time looking for a script like this. you have no idea how grateful i am for this;

i've got this running so it pops up over another window with selectable options, (it's a 'this is the first time you've opened this window, this is what you use it for' tutorial) however if i hit enter too quickly, it registers on the window below. could you think of any way i might be able to prevent that? i figure you might have some insight since you know the most about how this code works, thanks;;
The immediate cause I imagine would be the fact that common events are fired asynchronously so whenever the game feels like doing it, it'll happen. Nothing comes to mind off the top of my head.

Jason

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hmm... guess I'll call it from the item scene instead then, I mean it doesn't matter too much, but it would've been a TON easier having it on the main menu.

Thanks for your swift replies anyway  :)

AeghtyAteKees

Nyctopheliac
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Whenever I create a common event with choice options to run within a scene, the cursor controls both the common event and the scene...Can this be changed?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

About the Deer, I had to cut some piece of video due the *swearing* Youtube copyrights issues...
A caveman pokes his head in...
I was listening to songs by Chuck E Cheese's voice actor (Jaret Reddick from Bowling for Soup) when the meds I was taking for my stomach virus apparently stopped working. I can't take my next dose until morning, but it's no use anyway. I'm officially sick again. Of course, I'll definitely take the next dose either way, but it's useless now.
New profile picture! This time, it's representative of my current project.
I suddenly feel like making a game for little kids: a pointless sandbox of cute animals, silly collectibles, and random mini games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maike1114