Scene_MenuBase Subclass question?

crowhound

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
So I was just wondering is Scene_Title a subclass of Scene_MenuBase. The reason why I ask is because when I was testing what all I could do with the rpg_scenes I came across a behavior I did not expect. I was testing out creating a custom sprite based particle system for every different screen and when I override the Scene_Title class by it self it worked ok.

After that I tried to override the Scene_MenuBase and it messed with what I did in the Scene_Title. I know Scene_MenuBase is the superclass of all menu type scenes, but when I looked into what Scene_Title I noticed this line of code Scene_Title.prototype = Object.create(Scene_Base.prototype); at line 237 of rpg_scene. When I saw this I thought Scene_Title was just taking from Scene_Base. So am I wrong or am I misunderstanding the hierarchy of the code.

PS 

Thank you for any information.

Milena

The woman of many questions
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Irish
Primarily Uses
N/A
It's not. It's inheriting from Scene_Base.

crowhound

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Alright so note to self do not write plugin variables with the same name. Someone pointed out in the script I was overwriting the Scene_MenuBase the name for the plugin variable that told how many particles to create in that scene was the same as the name of the plugin variable in the other script that controls how many particles to spawn in the Scene_Title. Even though they are in different scripts and different scenes they some how interfered with each other. I Changed the name of one of the plugin variables and it worked. As someone that is new to coding in MV I have no idea why that had the effect it did, but it works now. 

Milena

The woman of many questions
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Irish
Primarily Uses
N/A
I suggest that if you're new to MV, watch these tutorial for scripting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Caught a guy trying to break into our house today. Appearantly he intended to burgle our neighbor (a 94yo widow) but picked the wrong house. Faced with two angry males he was quick to give up without a fight...
I just joined the club of nerds making their own Excel-Sheets to calculate HP / MP / EXP.. parameter curves
Me: "Finally finished most of my game backlog. Probably time to do some gamedev" | Steam: *offer sales*
If I recorded while I created (what I think is) a small plugin, would you be interested enough in the process to watch it?
I keep trying to explain to clients that the huddle masses behind the old K-Mart are a Fallout Reenactment group. Somehow I don't think they believe me. :LZSskeptic:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonylogan