School Tileset

tabzeethecat

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi I'm looking for a Japanese style school classroom/school tile sets I could use for my game. Does anyone know where I could find some good resources or even someone who I could commission to make me a full group of tile sets? I also wouldn't mind trying out and making them myself if people wouldn't mind giving me some tips on how I should go about that.

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Commissioning a full tile set will cost you a lot - up into the thousands of dollars, as this is a huge amount of work.

When looking for graphical resources, Granny's Lists are always a good place to start.  This thread contains links to several sources.

GoodSelf

Zhu Li! Do the thing!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As much as I want to create my dream RPG, I don't have the money to pay for a full tileset. There are a lot of resources available on this forum, and although it might not be exactly what you're looking for,  I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised.  :guffaw:

mogwai

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm actually working on a school tileset using 3D sprites from ComiPo Manga Maker for of course a ComiPo rpg, kinda flatting them into RPG 2D. It's not very pretty though. A lot of it is my intermediate original work and it clashes with the professional ComiPo ones and it just looks like a confusing mess.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@tabzeethecat If you consider paying for a commission, go to the main shop instead.

There are two packs with school tiles, one classic western and one futuristic - the classic one might not be exactly what you want, but a lot of those tiles should be usable for japanese schools as well. That will give you a base from which to only search for a few missing things instead of an entire set.

And being a shop pack, it will be only a fraction of the cost of a custom commission (although it will require you to encrypt your games to protect the shop resource)

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I've moved this thread to Resource Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

tabzeethecat

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thank you all for your help! it is greatly appreciated. :)

@Kes Wow I didn't think it'd cost so much! But then again, there's a lot of work and effort going into such small details that I reckon they are worth charging so much.

@GoodSelf I'll have a search around. if anyone wants to recommend me to some posts with some stuff in it that'd be great also. 

@mogwai wow sounds like it'd be a frustrating task. I wish you luck!

@Andar yes I think that'd be my best bet at this point. I can probably make whatever resources I can't find. But if I do use those resources, I can't legally sell or get a Kickstarter running for it all now could I?

@Sharm sorry I wasn't 100% sure. I'll make sure to do it properly next time.

@Dreadshadow thanks I'll check them out too. 

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Have you also checked out the Samauri pack? It has a lot of Japanese style tiles, and you might be able to cobble something together with that. As it is, for my school in my game I ended up using a mix of DS, DS+, Rural Farm, and some free to use commercially tiles on here. The challenge is finding ones in all of those sets that work well together (as they are different styles), so some editing might be needed as well.

GoodSelf

Zhu Li! Do the thing!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@tabzeethecat There is also this pack here on the RPG Maker Web store http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/a/graphics/classic-school-tiles.

i'm not sure which engine you are using, because this particular tile set is optimized for VX Ace. If you are using MV,  you might need to resize the tile set to fit properly ( there are plenty of tutorials  on these forums to help you, if you already know how to use Photoshop or GIMP you should be fine). 

Just another suggestion to add to the list.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
If you buy resources or use resources you find here that are okay to be used commercially then, yes, you can sell your game and/or get a Kickstarter for the game running.  Commission too.  The thing you can't do is resell or redistribute the resources you use outside of the game.  Even that you could do if it was part of a commission, but it would need to be part of the original contract and most likely cost a lot more.  Why'd you think you couldn't?  I'm curious now.

tabzeethecat

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Sharm I tqhought there were certain requirements like you listen but I wasn't 100% sure. I just wanted to double check just in case I did go through with my game and ended up selling it on the market. 

@GoodSelf Thank you ^-^

@bgillisp no I haven't. I will though so thanks for your suggestion. 

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@tabzeethecat, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

If you want to answer several people, do it in a single post like you did the first time.

Purchased shop resources do include the licence to use them commercially - the only restriction is that any game containing them needs to be encrypted, so that other people can't take the resources out, they need to buy them in the shop as well.

Alanood

Laziest creature ever
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Commissioning a full tile set will cost you a lot - up into the thousands of dollars
Th...th... thousands!? Even for one tileset?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Please watch out for your hands when handling chests! XD Did this a few days ago, it was fun to animate

Apparently, it's illegal to be drunk on licensed premises: pubs, etc. It's illegal for keepers of public houses to permit drunkenness and disorderly conduct. lol.
Pillow Hero - A 16-bit arcade styled puzzle game, update 0.5 is live now on Itch.io! --> https://bifrost09.itch.io/pillow-hero
Would you pay monthly for your pc if you'd get "free" upgrades every 2 years?
well, I definitely have a type, cute redheads with medusa piercings, met and hit it off with two of them in the last 72 hours, what does it mean lol?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daertious