Sci Fi Battlebacks

Shelby

Diva
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
"If you were creating a futuristic game and had to come up with an entirely new universe, what would be the strangest or quirkiest feature of your universe?"

My answer would be a universe where the lifeforms had to absorb all food through their bodies, not being able to eat with their mouths. To help make this a fun and cultural all meals would involve a massive food fight! If your brother is hungry you need to smash a cupcake across his face! Pour soup over your mothers head, and randomly throw fruit across the room to the hungry masses. Different races like different color food, each food has a different effect on the body so you must travel around to find them all!

Now about these battle backs go, I think they would make better game art in general not just battle backs.

Zoltor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
These are really awesome, and all, but there's a problem.

Lets see(all the various scifi resource packs) :

futuristic tilesets: check

futuristic type music: check

Scifi Battlebacks: check

Scifi Battlers: Nope lol

I can't help but think a scifi themed battleback resource pack, should've really came with a whole ton of battlers as well. What few Scifi battlers there are, are scattered about, mixed into the non-themed based resource packs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Matombo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Strange futuristic feture for the giveaway, a thought i have quite a while now in my mind but no story for, i simply like the basic idea.

Think about a teloportation technology wich basicaly can make any shape of portal everywhere to nearly no cost. Then add massive overpopulation so the main currency becomes "space" that is simply attached whereever you need it by just creating a new Portal. Now let this system run for a couple of hundret of yeahrs till every "space" is splitted into small peaces and with help of portals moved to all different places of the universe.

And now let the portals break down, cutting everything that is build throu them and killing people standing between 2 spaces without even noticing.

= Strange Torn apart Futuristic Apocalypse setting.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
These are really awesome, and all, but there's a problem.

Lets see(all the various scifi resource packs) :

futuristic tilesets: check

futuristic type music: check

Scifi Battlebacks: check

Scifi Battlers: Nope lol

I can't help but think a scifi themed battleback resource pack, should've really came with a whole ton of battlers as well. What few Scifi battlers there are, are scattered about, mixed into the non-themed based resource packs.
I'll get on that sometime soon, one thing at a time!

Ultim

Kartoffel.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
These are masterpieces.About the feature...You can fight Omega Weapons :D

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yep, that's why I emphasized the technically part.

xspec

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Those are some pretty neat battlebacks! Cheers!

In my Sci-Fi universe, mankind has colonized a couple of planets, but due to overpopulation across all of them, many resources have run dry, and the rest go directly to sustaining the population, so they have lost the ability to colonize other planets. The quirky aspect of this universe is that each person is made of an almost completely reflective outer layer (I.e., they're humanoid mirrors), and "identity" in the traditional sense has ceased to exist. Differences between people are imperceptible, so hate crimes against specific groups of people no longer happen, and mankind is ushered into an era of peace. However, this has removed the individual value of human beings, as humanity instead adopts a more communal mindset. The reigning government uses this to their advantage to "thin the herd", so to speak.

Might have gotten a little in-depth there, but it was necessary, I think.

Cronus

Social Awkward
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
This is a kind of material that I would like to see more. Proper Battlebacks with the same quality level as the ones on the RTP are hard to find and to produce as well, so this kind of resources are more than welcome. Mad props to Michael for the awesome art!

So, what would be the strangest or quirkiest feature of MY universe...

This is a hard question, you know. Universes are huge, they have lots of galaxies, sectors, stars systems and planets. So this feature should be really big and meaningful to evolve everything, enough to be "universal". For me the simplest things are the most universal, that's why the most special feature on mine would be a VERY simple one:

The universe exists on the index finger of a supreme alien being that lives on the void, the frontier of reality. He can't destroy it because it is the only entertainment he haves, so all that he does is to look for interesting points on his tiny universe, just to observe. Eventually he makes contact just to see the reactions, and when this happens, the weirdest sci-fi fictions are produced (or intergalactic wars happens, results may vary).

valkill101

Alien Mastermind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
"If you were creating a futuristic game and had to come up with an entirely new universe, what would be the strangest or quirkiest feature of your universe?"

Imagine a universe where Space travel to distant worlds would be conducted not through space crafts or wormholes, but through tunnels that can only be ventured through the mind. Giving way to the multiple universal theory in which if you were hurt or killed through one universal instance you would create a ripple effect that in turn damages or kills every host part of your other selves throughout all other universes.

R-Soul

Battle Sonata
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
If you were creating a futuristic game and had to come up with an entirely new universe, what would be the strangest or quirkiest feature of your universe?

Genuine alien-human love. Maybe to some it'll be as strange as seeing human-animal right now, but nobody can say it can't happen (I bet none of us would like to see that :p ). But it would look normal somehow, after a few generations people have become open minded about aliens, and accepted them as just another "race" or as creatures on the same level as human beings.

Imemperor

Animaniac
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
  • "If you were creating a futuristic game and had to come up with an entirely new universe, what would be the strangest or quirkiest feature of your universe?"
Physics is bound to its universe. Since it's a different universe than ours, the fundamental physics of this new universe is completely foreign. In this new universe, guns exist, but they are inferior in damage to spellbounded-swords and beam weapons. The lightspeed cap is but a suggestion. A regular person with intense physical training can blink short distances faster than the speed of light, dealing massive damage to their foes.  And at the center of this universe is a massive black hole, but don't worry, it's been plugged and covered up with a Duct Tape roll of epic proportions. I'm sure there's no evil villain masterminds that's dumb enough to peel away the Duct Tape, sending the universe swirling into the vortex like water down a drain, right? Crap.

edvind

Warper
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Wow, these are really nice!

Maybe not the strangest feature but in my universe there would be a negative, or second, planet on the other side of the sun, where the oceans of the first planet were continents and vice versa. No one, however, really knows about this planet because it circulates the sun exactly as fast as the first planet and are hidden.

But legend say there are a copy of the world somewhere and earlier in history people were able to travel between these worlds by ejecting themselves with pods out in space by gigantic catapults. When in space these pods stood absolutely still till the other planet circulated the sun and fetched them by it's gravitational force, half a year later.

One could only use these catapults of a specific day of the year when the planet stood in an exact position for the pods to be in the right place for the second planet to pick them up. If you tried to use the catapult on another day you were either shot out in the vast empty space or into the sun.

Ehm, questions anyone?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If I were to make a Sci-Fi Battler pack, what kinds of things would you want to see?
First focus should be on those kind of battlers that can't be taken from different places.
Things like robots (different kinds, perhaps in a way that let people assemble parts on basic body shapes), beings in space suits or battlearmor, and spaceships for battles in space.

That is because you can adapt quite a number fantasy monsters as alien animals and regular NPCs as futuristic without much problems. But robots, spaceships and spacesuits/battle armors can't be done that way, and there are only very few existing pictures that might be used - not enough for a true SF game.

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If I were to make a Sci-Fi Battler pack, what kinds of things would you want to see?
Just some of my suggestions:

- Robots (many types: humanoid and non-humanoid)

- Futuristic troopers

- Alien beasts/mutants

- Alien troopers/sentient aliens

- People or aliens inside mechanical suits

- Futuristic vehicles

- Androids, half-robots, people with cyber parts

- Gangsters

- Web-style enemies, computer viruses

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
First focus should be on those kind of battlers that can't be taken from different places.

Things like robots (different kinds, perhaps in a way that let people assemble parts on basic body shapes), beings in space suits or battlearmor, and spaceships for battles in space.

That is because you can adapt quite a number fantasy monsters as alien animals and regular NPCs as futuristic without much problems. But robots, spaceships and spacesuits/battle armors can't be done that way, and there are only very few existing pictures that might be used - not enough for a true SF game.
I had quite a lot of robot things written down in my brainstorm session.

I however did not think of Spaceships!  That sounds pretty crazy, but awesome.

Battle armor is my specialty, haha!

Alkorri

Proofreading Penguin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Michael, these battlebacks look gorgeous! I can't wait to see how you'll tackle modern day ones, or niche like Arabian, western, fairy etc. As for sci-fi battlers, Matseb pretty much listed them out ;)

The strangest or quirkiest thing about my futuristic universe - I rarely tackle Sci-Fi, but who knows! - is that the slime has evolved into the most dominant form of life and now go around in powersuits. The reason they're able to advance so fast is that the skills and knowledge acquired by one slime can be absorbed by the others until they're all of the same level. Plus, their slime-saliva can power their ships and cities. Viola! Instant renewable resource.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
--- Spoiled Food ---

M.Knight: Oh,no! the Bread has been Mold!
Chef: It's not Mold,it's in Fermentation.
M.Knight: Are you sure?
Chef: Y'know Cheese? It's safe to eat
(Chef eat the Moldy Bread,after that he take into the Hospital with Green Face)
Suddenly I remember the days when I create something just by pure wild imagination. I wasn't thinking about concept, structure, or anything else. Just create (even if it's unfinished in the end). Somehow I kinda want to have that wild imagination again. :D
Google "The Great Stink"
Enjoy.
Woke up on an awful nightmare of being banned here because some mod didn't liked me in a super-heroes freeform round robin RP where I used throwing normal hammer as power and it was qualified being too OP. XD Nice to read you all guys. Will not wait next nightmares.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewshetty123