Sci Fi Battlebacks

whitesphere

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
These are really awesome, and all, but there's a problem.

Lets see(all the various scifi resource packs) :

futuristic tilesets: check

futuristic type music: check

Scifi Battlebacks: check

Scifi Battlers: Nope lol

I can't help but think a scifi themed battleback resource pack, should've really came with a whole ton of battlers as well. What few Scifi battlers there are, are scattered about, mixed into the non-themed based resource packs.
I think Thalzon has some nice battlers, including robots.   These might help at least partially alleviate that shortage.

But I do agree there is a lack of sci-fi battlers, and icons for that matter. 

whitesphere

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Technically, that's not true.  There's the Futuristic Heroes pack.
You're right, but, aside from Thalzon's battlers, if you want some robotic or alien battlers, they're hard to find. 

I like Andar's idea of spaceship battlers!   It actually makes sense if a sci-fi futuristic game had some ship to ship combat.   

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Michael, these battlebacks look gorgeous! I can't wait to see how you'll tackle modern day ones, or niche like Arabian, western, fairy etc. As for sci-fi battlers, Matseb pretty much listed them out ;)

The strangest or quirkiest thing about my futuristic universe - I rarely tackle Sci-Fi, but who knows! - is that the slime has evolved into the most dominant form of life and now go around in powersuits. The reason they're able to advance so fast is that the skills and knowledge acquired by one slime can be absorbed by the others until they're all of the same level. Plus, their slime-saliva can power their ships and cities. Viola! Instant renewable resource.
Thanks, glad you like them.  Yes there appears to be quite a lot of room for development of more packs!

TreeTopOcelot

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Strangest feature in my universe?

You couldn't die!  Everyone's conciousness is uploaded and backed up, so you just simply redownload into a new body if your current one gets too old or destroyed.  :D

Seraph

Neglected TSF Pilot
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank goodness I decided to browse the RPGmaker forums today (I almost completely forgot about this). And sci-fi BBs are always epic (Sci-Fi nerd right here XD)

As for my entry...

If you were creating a futuristic game and had to come up with an entirely new universe, what would be the strangest or quirkiest feature of your universe?

Alright in every single story I've ever written there has always been a race of super advanced, technological of people known as the Seraphim. The entire race is lead by two primal goddesses (Maria, Melissa and recently Senhime) whom usually created their entire galaxy (The Ethreal Galaxy) and race on their own. End of long story galaxy destroyed 75% of the Seraphim population wiped out. Seraphim start an exodus (do not have the necessary resources to rebuild their galaxy), find the descendants of mankind and take them in. Seraphim and mankind (Terrans) find habitable star system and establish a colony on Terra. Seraphim passes to Terrans their knowledge, humans thrive, the Seraphim population declines.
Melissa and her Seraphim starts massive ethnic cleansing (believed that the Seraphim should the race to prosper, not the Terrans), Maria and her followers (who believes it is the duty of higher beings to protect the lesser) wages war to stop Melissa. Senhime's faction maintain neutrality. War ends with Melissa's victory and the death of Maria - Terra is uninhabitable due to 70,000 years of war. Maria sacrifices her life to restore Terra and Terran race, in addition creates a sub-species of the Seraphim - the Valkyrians. Melissa regrets her decision and decides to leave Terra along with the remaining Seraphim.

Valkyrians like the Seraphim share their power and gifts with the Terrans, but history repeats leading to the Ancient Terrans and Valkyrians eventual extinction. The scars of this war scorch Terra as Modern day humans are reverted to an industrial age.
TL;DR

The history for most of my stories (usually sci-fi)...

Higher beings find man, lead them to a habitable planet. One of the two (or three) leaders commence an ethnic cleansing, the other (if three the third remains neutral) wages war to prevent the cleansing. After a long ridiculous war evil leader triumphs; the defeated leader sacrifices themselves to save planet and man - creates sub-speices. Evil leader regrets decision and leaves with the remaining higher beings. 

Sub-species start off with helping man until they decide to eradicate man, history repeats. Man is left with a shattered planet and forever stuck in the Industrial Era. 

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hmm, I never did enter this. Well, the oddest part of my sci-fi story is that nearly all the main characters in my story have amnesia because of a hive minded life form living in their bloodstream. It makes more sense in context but I think it's more fun if I don't explain it.

Probotector 200X

Probotect and Serve
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Oops! Didn't see this until just now! Too late for a chance to win, oh well.

I can share my idea anyway, right?

I have tons of RPG ideas with different universes and stuff, usually with weird quirks, but the quirks are mostly planet-specific, like bizarre planets and such. But sometimes I have a more unique quirk for the universe.

Stars aren't "fire". Now, I admit to being ignorant on lots of information about stars, and a quick check doesn't help. I know they probably aren't really fire, but isn't that a good way to describe them? It's what they look like. So, if our Stars are "Fire", think of the other elementals. My first thought was a Thunder Star. Now what about a Water Star, an Ice Star, a Wind Star...? A Light Star doesn't sound too special, a Dark Star sounds like a massive cliche, but could be quite unique. And an Earth Star doesn't sound too...exciting. Those are just the 8 RPG Maker elementals.

You might say, how does a solar system thrive on a Water Star? Well, it's a different universe. The "energy" from the Water Star can sustain life there. What about Light? Is that even necessary in this universe?

As for Sci-Fi Battlers ideas? Oh gosh I could ramble on and on, but I've seen lots of good suggestions so far. I like the Spaceship one. Don't forget some epic giant space creatures to fight in the spaceships! Cyborgs! Alien creatures that don't really fit into "medieval fantasy". Like an obligatory "not-a-Xenomorph". Maybe a living black hole?

whitesphere

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
A living black hole?  Hmmmm.  Current string theory proposes the universe really has 26 dimensions.  So, if we run with that and say that, maybe, black holes are the 4-D extrusions of higher dimensional beings.

I think we've just created Galatacus.  If said beings needed food and only sensed large objects, like planets, in the 4-D universe...

RaZzi

My Peculiar Brother
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
If you were creating a futuristic game and had to come up with an entirely new universe, what would be the strangest or quirkiest feature of your universe?

Giant Carnivore Mushrooms!

I missed the deadline :(

The Prince of Sarcasm

Prince of sarcasm
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Sarcasm
Primarily Uses
The contest is over, but are the winners posted? I looked in the orriginal post and for a post by a mod, but i can't find any.

Lunarea

Artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay.

Winners:

AwesomeCool

Athryl

xspec

Prizes have been dispatched! Please PM me for claim instructions. :)

Athryl

The Reticent
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
These are beautiful - thank you! And congrats to the others as well.

Alkorri

Proofreading Penguin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Congratulations! This is a worthy buy in any case :)

valkill101

Alien Mastermind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Congratulations to the winners and happy gaming!

Seraph

Neglected TSF Pilot
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Gratz to the winners ^^.

xspec

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Love them, thanks! And congrats to the others. :D

xein

A stranger in a strange world
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
About the battlebacks, I think a high res version would be good. This would allow us to edit with less loss to quality. 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I present... MAGIC (in progress)

No vaccine till at least spring 2021. Have not seen our parents since Dec 2019. But at least we can phone each other. How is everyone else's situation?
:( ... sigh, having trouble knowing where to draw highlights. Novice pixel artist issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KUTSHKY