Screen Resolution and Aspect Ratio

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by KingKraken, Oct 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KingKraken

KingKraken Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey all, I'm running into an issue that I'm sure has an easy solution that's right under my nose, but I can't figure it out.

So basically I want to change my resolution to a widescreen format. So I just used Yanfly's Core Engine like most people to, to change it. But strangely enough, my actual game screen isn't changing in resolution? Instead it keeps it's regular square aspect ratio, which gives be black bars on the sides of various sizes(depending on the size).

I have a few other projects who's aspect ratios are perfectly fine with the resolution and taking up the whole window with no black bars. But I'm not exactly sure what I did differently with them. I'm not finding any plugins that are meant for changing aspect ratio within them.

Any insight would be appreciated!

2. KingKraken

KingKraken Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Well this was a wasted post! Turns out that new projects come with their own "community_basic" pluggin which also deals with resolution, and it was fighting against yanflys pluggin.

Feel free to close or delete this thread from existence!

3. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.